• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Six female correction officers have been charged with illegally strip searching women visiting the Manhattan Detention Center, prosecutors announced on Monday.

The Manhattan District Attorney's office identified the suspects as:
--Leslie-Ann Absalom, a 53-year-old retired captain
--Officer Daphne Farmer, 49
--Officer Jennifer George, 32
--Officer Lisette Rodriguez, 51
--Officer Alifa Waiters, 45
--Officer Latoya Shuford, 36

They are charged with official misconduct, conspiracy and various counts of filing false documents.

According to court documents, the defendants routinely strip searched female visitors who did not voluntarily consent to a search, forcing them to remove their clothes and subjecting them to physical touching in private areas.

Investigators said the officers then covered up the crime by filing false paperwork.

Officials said that paperwork led to the arrest of three visitors, whose charges were based on the illegal searches.

"People visiting loved ones in our city's jails should feel safe, period," DOC Deputy Commissioner of Public Information Peter Thorne said. "If these allegations are proven true, the officers involved face termination. They have already been suspended."

The DOC says strip searches and body cavity searches of visitors are not permitted, only pat frisks with signed consent forms that must be conducted in the presence of a supervisor.

When I read the headline I figured they were just trying to catch a peek at some thug dick.
Never suspected they were doing this to women, let alone visitors. WTF? That's a hell of a way to come out of the closet.
Post automatically merged:

Thanks to OperationMockingbird media brainwashing. o_O
Not sure how Operation Mockingbird relates to the story or the comment, but nice reference...

Last edited:
March 13, 2020
Five female correction officers who worked in a lower Manhattan jail were convicted of running a scheme to illegally search visitors and of covering up the invasive probes, authorities said.

Leslie-Ann Absalom, a former captain at the Manhattan Detention Complex, was found guilty in the conspiracy along with Daphne Farmer, Jennifer George, Lisette Rodriguez and Alifa Waiters, Manhattan District Attorney Cy Vance said in a statement.

The group of correction officers “cornered” at least five female visitors at the lockup in 2018 and tore off their clothes and underwear to find contraband that was being smuggled into the jail, prosecutors charged.

During one of the searches, George, Waiters, Farmer and Rodriguez tackled the victim to the floor before making her remove her pants and underwear, prosecutors said during their trial.

“The officers grabbed her arms, put a hand around her throat and started choking her,” Assistant District Attorney Daniel Passeser said during opening statements.

The officers then “reached inside her underwear” and found marijuana and Xanax, but falsely claimed in paperwork that they found the drugs when they dropped out of the visitor’s waistband.

The group also falsified two other reports, prosecutors said.

The women were convicted of conspiracy and a number of other charges, including unlawful imprisonment, Vance said in a statement.

Last edited:
When I read the headline I figured they were just trying to catch a peek at some thug dick.
Never suspected they were doing this to women, let alone visitors. WTF? That's a hell of a way to come out of the closet.
Post automatically merged:

Not sure how Operation Mockingbird relates to the story or the comment, but nice reference...
There you are ! SWEET

Back