• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Flask

Recently, Konami updated the license for the Silent Hill name in Canada. This has started rampant speculation that Konami could be reviving the Silent Hill series. One thing to note is that the 20th anniversary is this year, and they recently did new entries for a few of their other big franchises.

Unfortunately, I can't say I was all that impressed with most of the games they made after 2006 for this series. The prequel was okay, but the rest are almost unplayable. Especially that one where you have to explore an abandoned hotel, and you constantly get attacked by giant insects that are hard to shoot at. God, that totally sucks.

If the series came back, I don't know if anybody would care because Konami pissed off so many people. And if it wasn't like the recent Resident Evil games, that have a more shooter-ish tone, people would only buy it if they're a true fan of horror games. Even so, Resident Evil has gone downhill as well. They keep throwing random crap into the series... and it ultimately goes nowhere. Or what they do is, they copy other trends and even rip off ideas from well known horror movies. But the problem is, people complained with the old ones, that they were 'always the same' and so it's hard to keep it fresh, and keep every fan happy. I'm not really interested in whatever remakes they churn out next either, as the last one they did was not that great. They removed a lot of enemies and the scenarios did not feel that unique, unlike in the original. It should have been a dream come true to get a remake similar to the first remake in 2002 that still looks excellent today, but the result was vastly disappointing. If anybody liked it, then kudos to you. But it ain't the amazing masterpiece that a lot of fanboys out there make it out to be.

I think the old horror games played better and looked better too, despite the hardware. When the PS3 and Xbox 360 consoles came out, I thought games like that would be so revolutionary. But over the years, I was left disappointed after they became lifeless, third person shooter trash, with zero atmosphere, and gimmicky stuff.

And thanks to EA, they're almost as bad off as Konami. Capcom may be money grabbers, but they're still alive!

Back