• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

n0longerinuse

ie1kxy.jpg

James Wertz

The high-pitched screeching told Dana Jongeward that something was horribly wrong.

She ran out to the living room to see her then-boyfriend, James Wertz, choking her pet rabbit, Bun Bun. He dropped the animal and tried to apologize, but the damage had been done.

Now, Bun Bun and her other pet rabbit, Maxine, are recovering from injuries inflicted in the attack, and Jongeward said she is moving on from the relationship.

"It's over," she said Tuesday. "It's beyond over."

Wertz didn't yet have that same freedom to decide his next step on Tuesday night. Court records show he remained in custody in the Palm Beach County Jail in lieu of $3,000 bail, charged with cruelty to animals and domestic battery.

According to a Boynton Beach police arrest report, Wertz, 28, and Jongeward, 25, were arguing about women's rights just before 11:40 p.m. on Friday at their shared residence in the 1100 block of Lake Terrace in Boynton Beach.

[...]

On Friday night, however, the animals' sense of security was shattered when Wertz attacked the pets, she said. One of them began screaming; she isn't certain which one because she was in the bedroom.

According to the police report, Jongeward witnessed Wertz abusing Bun Bun. She said that Wertz punched and choked Bun Bun to the point that blood was coming from the rabbit's eyes.

"It was shocking, the most horrible thing I could walk out of bedroom to see," she said.

After Jongeward confronted Wertz and he dropped Bun Bun, she grabbed her pets and tried to keep him away from them.

Wertz, seeing Jongeward calling 911, "grabbed her and threw her across the room," according to the arrest. Then he left.

Police arrived and tried to find Wertz but couldn't. He was arrested on Saturday, records show.

Jongeward took the rabbits to an emergency animal doctor. Bun Bun suffered burst blood vessels in her eyes, and Jongeward doesn't know if the animal will ever regain her full vision.

As for Maxine, she suffered soft-tissue trauma. Both rabbits are being treated with painkillers and anti-inflammatories.

"I just can't believe it happened," she said. "It's just disgusting."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/pa...abbit-cruelty-arrest-20140701,0,6441416.story

I kinda see why he did since rabbits have so much to do with women's rights and all. WTF? He couldn't win the argument so he beat up rabbits?

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/07/...uring-argument-over-womens-rights-police-say/

The 25-year-old Jongeward told The Sun Sentinel that Wertz told her it was a man’s world, to which she disagreed.

The argument grew more heated, and Jongeward said she retreated into her bedroom and told him the relationship was over.

:rolleyes: Sure buddy... The world belongs to bunny beating hypocrites. As long as they have a penis. And are physically stronger than people lacking in the penis department.

Which leads me to believe that the Budweiser Clydesdales should be running Anheuser-Busch. Well, the stallions at least.

The problem is that what the World currently is and what is should be are two different things. I would tend to agree with needle-dick that it currently is a man's world. That is not going to get him laid, though.

That literally turned my stomach. How the fuck are you gonna strangle an animal????? And the posting of it on his FB page is just demented. Dude's got something missing upstairs....

I get mad at my dog when he shits inside or gets in the trash, but I would never strangle him.

Back