• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A CNN reporter has come under fire after her old tweets where she used gay slurs have resurfaced.

White House reporter Kaitlan Collins was heavily criticized for posts from 2011 where she used the word 'f*g' and says she wouldn’t want to share a room with a lesbian.

She took to Twitter on Sunday to apologize for her posts that she condemned as ignorant and from her college days.

'When I was in college, I used ignorant language in a few tweets to my friends. It was immature but it doesn’t represent the way I feel at all. I regret it and apologize,' she wrote.

The tweets predate her journalistic career but were dug out from her Twitter profile by Log Cabins Republicans, which describes itself as the nation’s largest Republican organization dedicated to representing the LGBT community.

The Washington Examiner was the first to report those controversial tweets.

In one tweet from 2011 she wrote: 'Prologue to the Canterbury Tales, you f*g' in reply to a Twitter User.

In another she wrote: 'Idk if I wanna room with a lesbian'.

CNN hasn't commented on the old offensive tweets.

Collins joined CNN in June 2017 and worked at conservative website The Daily Caller, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...pologize-old-homophobic-tweets-resurface.html

People's lives should not be ruined for a rude comment made years ago, especially if they apologize and acknowledge it was wrong.

Not she shouldn't be fired. However, if a Fox News host had used the same kind of homophobic language CNN would crucify them. Liberal double standards again.

OMG ... like what's the problem ... Is Anderson offended. I don't know why ... everyone knows ... or at least assumes that Faggot get hurled around his place when him and his boyfriend fight.

She was not inciting violence.
She using an admittedly offending term in a joking manner.
Her humour was kinda crummy but I did not get the feeling there was malicious intent there.
Now she seems to get it was dopey.
Move along to the next crisis.

She should be fired for being a fucking idiot

What dumbshit in a profession like this doesnt wipe clean their internet footprint?

Hmm she gets a pass about a tweet on a public forum :eek: 7 years ago but someone who has a private conversation on a bus that is recorded without their knowledge 11 years before running for public office is crucified in the media. I think she get the same treatment. We wouldn’t want a double standard.

Back