• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!

Two submarines wrecked off the coast of Malaysia during World War II have mysteriously disappeared.

The pair of Dutch vessels have lain largely undisturbed for nearly 80 years – but vanished late last week.

All that now remains of the submarines are broken scraps and their outlines in the sand.

The ships were part of the Dutch war effort, and were sunk during operations in the South China Sea.

Both the K XVII and the O 16 submarines sailed right into a Japanese line of mines, killing almost all crew members on board.

The boats were left as ocean graves, and contained the remains of the 77 crewmen – all of which are now missing.

Researchers have now verified that the submarines have vanished, and suspect their remains were salvaged by looters.

Full Story:
https://nypost.com/2019/07/10/shipwrecks-of-wwii-submarines-mysteriously-vanish/

If you read the article it's pretty gross. In another area they found a mass grave from shipwreck. Because they were entombed it was just bones, it was still "hands, feet, hips, and hands".

When my house was burglarized, they even stole a small keepsake urn containing my father's ashes.

My parent's car was broken into after a funeral. They stole my newly dead uncle's ashes. Thankfully, no one in my family is particularly attached to the physical remnants of a body so we actually thought that part was a little funny.

I hope both of our robbers were religious and extremely disturbed once they realized what they lifted.

Back