• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
DALLAS - The man sentenced to life in prison in connection to his adopted daughter's death wants a retrial.

Wesley Mathews and his attorneys were in court again Monday morning claiming he did not get a fair trial when jurors were shown pictures of his daughter’s remains.

Prosecutors say the judge allowed them to use 35 specific photos in the punishment trial, but Mathews' attorney believes the autopsy picture went too far.

“Seeing that photograph did not add anything of value to the trial other to than to inflame them,” said defense attorney Rafael De La Garza.

Prosecutors disagreed with the defense’s characterization.

“We would expect emotion to be shown by the jury. They're human beings. Just because there are tears shed doesn’t mean you get a new trial,” said prosecutor Jason Fine.
[....]
The judge on Monday heard the motion by the defense and also heard from the state. She said she will make a decision on Sept. 5.

What a soulless piece of shit. We'll never really know what happened to her (I think he was raping her in the garage and she asphyxiated) then he disposed of her body, washed his cum stains out of his clothes then came up with the impossibly dumb ass "I put her outside at 3 am because no reason" story. Now he doesn't think it was a fair trial because the jury saw pictures of his daughter's tiny rotten body? What a trash human being.

Back