• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Warrant: Father now claims Sherin Mathews choked on milk, 'believed she had died'

RICHARDSON - An arrest warrant obtained by WFAA Tuesday details the conflicting story that led to the re-arrest of Sherin Mathews' father, Wesley Mathews.

The warrant states that Wesley Mathews told police his 3-year-old daughter choked on milk in the early morning hours of Oct. 7 and "believed she had died."

He alleges that he had been trying to get her to drink her milk in the garage around 3 a.m. He said he "physically assisted" Sherin in drinking her milk when she wouldn't listen to him, according to the warrant.

"She was coughing and her breathing slowed," the warrant reads. "Eventually, Wesley Mathews no longer felt a pulse on the child and believed she had died."

He then admitted to police that he removed the body from the home, the warrant reads.

In his initial interview with police in the days after Sherin's disappearance, Wesley Mathews had said he put Sherin outside as punishment for not drinking her milk. He was arrested then and charged with felony endangerment to a child and was placed on electronic ankle monitoring. He also surrendered his passport as a condition of making bond on Oct. 9.

He was re-arrested Monday for felony injury to a child after providing investigators at the Richardson Police Department with the conflicting story.

"When they came in, they provided us with some information that was contrary to what we had previously been told regarding her [Sherin Mathews] disappearance," said Kevin Perlich, Richardson PD spokesperson.

When asked Monday about the milk story Mathews originally told police, Perlich wouldn't provide specifics because it was an ongoing investigation. All he could say was that "it was not what he told us originally."

http://www.wfaa.com/news/police-say...-was-not-what-he-told-us-originally/485464599

WTF is up with this guy taking Sherin out into the garage at 3 in the morning to force a glass of milk down her throat? His story ......still not feeling it.

Last edited:
Police did not elaborate on what the accused dad told detectives

Do you reckon he simply gave up and told the truth? Naw couldn't have been that. Maybe he's blaming Bigfoot or the Chupacabra, now

This guy is not a good liar, that's for sure.

No on one ever believed his coyote tale.
Coyotes might certainly scavenge a corpse and shift it.
[doublepost=1508861141,1508860813][/doublepost]
Do you reckon he simply gave up and told the truth? .
He might have admitted that he's responsible, but it was an accident! He didn't mean to kill her, he panicked. All the usual BS from baby killers.

Yep, I'm sure he finally figured out he's in a corner and is not going to get out of this without going to jail, so he tried to make it sound less like murder and more like an accident. But accidents like this don't happen at 3am with a 3yo that should be sleeping.

I think she got up in the middle of the night, my kids have done it, wanting a drink or wet her pants and either she wasn't very cooperative, or he just got up pissed because she woke him up. But wetting the bed would also explain the load of laundry.

I hope the father doesn't see this thread or he'll change his story again: "Umm, well she was dressed in a rat costume for halloween and a coyote took her!"

If it had been an accident he would've called 911 whether or not she was already dead. I guess each statement is going to more ridiculous than the last.

cubby said:

'I think she got up in the middle of the night, my kids have done it, wanting a drink or wet her pants and either she wasn't very cooperative, or he just got up pissed because she woke him up. But wetting the bed would also explain the load of laundry.'

I can almost see that taking place in my mind's eye cubby. I kept thinking what was so imperative about that bedding that necessitated him to stop and do a load of laundry before alerting authorities that his 3 year old that he put out in the night was 'missing'.

Dear god, she must have been so frightened when she was basically drowned by a glass of milk. That is if we are to believe this new version of events that Wesley Mathews is currently going with.

Last edited:
Medical examiner confirms child's body found was Sherin Mathews

The child's body found in a culvert Sunday morning has been identified as Sherin Mathews, the 3-year-old Richardson girl missing since Oct. 7.

The Dallas County medical examiner confirmed the identity with dental records. A cause of death was still pending.

Richardson police posted the update to their social media channels late Tuesday morning.

http://www.king5.com/news/police-body-found-during-search-for-3-year-old-sherin-mathews/485198662

The adopted father of a 3-year-old North Texas girl, who was confirmed dead by authorities Tuesday afternoon, was arrested after admitting to officers that he watched his daughter choke on milk and then placed her body outside, authorities said.

Flanked by a lawyer Monday night, her father Wesley Mathews walked into the Richardson police headquarters and offered a new version of events disputing his prior statements on how Sherin vanished into the night.

Mathews told officers he'd been trying to get his daughter to finish her milk while they were outside in the garage, but she initially ignored him. She eventually complied and the father said he continued on to "physically assist" her with the drink—that's when she started to choke, according to the arrest warrant.

"She was coughing and her breathing slowed," the document reads. "Eventually, Wesley Mathews no longer felt a pulse on the child and believed she die
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...tive-daughter-disappearance-article-1.3584775
[doublepost=1508868538,1508868453][/doublepost]All of the excuses he has given have been to build the defense that he did not intend for her to die.

"She was coughing and her breathing slowed," the document reads. "Eventually, Wesley Mathews no longer felt a pulse on the child and believed she died."

WTF is up with this EVENTUALLY??????? "Eventually Wesley Mathews no longer felt a pulse....."

So he just what? Waited around until eventually Sherin no longer had a pulse???? Jesus.... this makes it sound like he watched and waited until he thought she was dead while making no attempt to try and save her.

That's so cold that I just started to shiver. :freeze:

Last edited:
"You see detective, while I was 'physically assisting" little Sherin with her milk she started coughing, but after a few minutes she stopped and her breathing slowed, which is good, right? Anywho, I'm not the type of father who gives up, so I kept pouring milk down her throat. When she was finally full, I could tell because no more milk would go in, I wondered why she was so quiet. So, being a responsible parent I checked her pulse and would you believe I couldn't feel it at all. Strange, isn't? I don't remember hearing that milk could do that, but I do know that no pulse pretty much means she died. Surprised? Sure, but these things happen.
Wesley-Mathews-Richardson-Texas-Police-Department.jpg

Then I thought I should do something, but than I remembered I have all this laundry to do. Things get a bit fuzzy after that.
This is how I believe this fucktard's latest interview went down.

Fucker. He choked that baby to death. I bet the autopsy will show asphyxiation, not milk in the lungs.

Last edited:
OMG! You had to go there. i was trying my best to not think about that. :(

I had read on facebook a few days ago that the adoptive mother Sini Mathews is a registered nurse but didn't post it until I saw it reported in the news.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/cri...s-wake-nurse-wife-sherin-mathews-choked-death

So Wesley Mathews had a choking child that he was responsible for her being in that condition and he doesn't do CPR on the child or call for emergency services? Oh, wait a minute. He had an RN right there only steps away that he chose not to wake or call out to as Sherin choked and struggled for breath, her pulse weakening until there was no breath or pulse at all.

Nope, I don't think we have seen the whole picture laid out just yet.
[doublepost=1508978924,1508918616][/doublepost]
th
The culvert where Sherin Matthews body was discovered.
We could not bear the sound if all murdered children were for one moment collectively given voice.

I'm terrified the autopsy will show sexual asaault.
What if it wasn't milk she choked on?

Yep. I was thinking the reason he had to wash that bedding so quickly is because they would have found his semen on it. Milk my ass. She may have choked, but it wasn't on milk. They better get with therapy and doctors visits with the other daughter to make sure she's not been molested.

They are keeping it under wraps until they get more evidence and hoping dad slips up since he is the only one (besides the cops) who knows the cause of death.

Sherin Mathews' body sent to funeral home as Indian community holds vigil for toddler

Sherin's body was found inside a drain under a road in Richardson on Sunday by cadaver dogs. Her adopted father, Wesley Mathews, has been arrested on a charge of felony injury to a child. He told police that Sherin had choked to death while drinking milk in the middle of the night.

The cause and manner of death is pending, NBC Dallas reported Saturday.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...-community-holds-vigil-for-toddler/ar-AAuc748

They released her body for burial but cause of death is still pending???

I think that may be code for "they're just not telling right now", which probably means that she didn't choke on milk, and they don't won't him to know they know.

Yeah.

~ @cubby ~ Could be. Last I checked the natural daughter was still in CPS care even after the father was taken into custody. Lot's of ugly about the mother on the web.

What a tragic,little life.
smileys-hearts-978512.gif

Last edited:
Agree, he might as well go ahead and tell but he won't, he's gonna make them earn their pay on him, tho with the stories he's told, they aren't having to work too hard to know he's lying, but I hope they cross every t and dot every i so that he never gets out.

I’m alright with them not publishing anything right now.

The more this man talks, the more he digs his own hole. As they release tidbit after tidbit, he changes his story to match.

Any good criminal investigator will say that a lie is almost as good as a confession. Lock them into their story, then use evidence to prove their made up scenario wrong.

It’s genius!

Back