• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Dakota

FORUM BITCH / Beloved Cunt
Bold Member!
2ntfnyg.jpg
Joint Base Lewis-McChord soldier is under arrest after he confessed to killing his wife and hiding her body in their garage for a month, Thurston County authorities said.
[...]

Mealy said an investigation was launched earlier this week after a friend of the soldier came to police and reported a suspicious conversation he had with the soldier about his 27-year-old wife, who had been missing for about a month.

"Basically the conversation centered on how you would dispose of a body," Mealy told KOMO News Radio. "The friend felt this was suspicious, inasmuch as he knew the suspect's wife had been gone from the residence for about a month."

Meanwhile, the wife's car remained in the driveway, and no one had heard from her or seen her since the day of her disappearance, Mealy said.

Police opened a missing-person investigation and questioned the soldier, who said his wife had left voluntarily.

"We talked with the suspect in the middle of the week, we got some more information, we checked that story out ... it became more and more suspicious, as his story didn't make any sense or could not be verified," Mealy said.

Detectives interviewed the solder at his home again for several hours on Thursday, but he denied any wrongdoing. The soldier then was told that a search warrant would be executed at his home the next day.

On Friday morning the soldier came to the Thurston County Sheriff's Office and confessed to killing his wife, Mealy said.
[...]
http://www.komonews.com/news/91924914.html
Police said the body of the 27-year-old woman was discovered inside a military-issued cargo crate in the garage, where the man told police the body would be.

Investigators said the case started about a week ago when Thurston County detectives received a tip from the man's friend. Police said the man told him the 28-year-old Joint Base Ft. Lewis-McChord soldier was acting strangely and talked about how to dispose of a body while the two discussed the Showtime series "Dexter," a show whose main character is a serial killer.
[...]

Detectives said the soldier had recently returned from a tour of duty overseas.

The woman's body was left in the crate and will be taken to the coroner's office for autopsy.

The couple's 2-year-old daughter is with family friends.
http://www.kirotv.com/news/23245328/detail.html
Thurston County sheriff's detectives interviewed the soldier, who claimed his wife left with three suitcases in the middle of the night. But the 27-year old woman left her car in the driveway of their Lacey home.

Investigators searched the couple's home Thursday, but didn't find enough evidence to make an arrest. Friday morning, 28-year-old Sheldon Plummer turned himself in and confessed he'd killed his wife.
http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=11&sid=313134

he 28-year-... soldier was acting strangely and talked about how to dispose of a body while the two discussed the Showtime series "Dexter,"

Ummm he couldn't be paying much attention to how Dexter does it. On the other hand he's not very motivated - didn't even move the car - I hope this means he was subconsciously hoping to get caught.

You know I have such mixed feelings about this... I am a military brat from a family that has and does have men and women still serving protection over this country... they are not violent... they do not have anger issues... they didnt pick up a gun and take out half the mall before themselves... and YES they served and some injured in warfare... My ex-husband however who served several tours in Saudi and Afghani... well when he returned home... with sorrow I say love of a human nor the love of any God can fix what went wrong in his head... the sad thing is he's DEXTER protecting the country... EVIL comes in many packages and that one came WITH a PERMANENT protective order and divorce papers... and the same from the second wife... TORN:stupido3:

Last edited:
I'm not torn intenseness, I'm confused but I don't hold anything against the military. There are tons more who come back and adjust than there are nutsos.
What I'm confused about with stories like these are how people in a neighborhood can drop off the face of the earth and not be missed for a month.
Maybe it's because I talk to my mom or long distance friends a couple of times a week, brothers maybe once every couple of weeks.
Even if I picked up and hauled ass, I would keep in touch. I certainly wouldn't leave my 2-year old behind.
I mean, of the 2 of them she's not the one most likely to lose it when he came back.

That's just sad all over the place.
It would suck not to be missed, to have the obvious (car, child left behind) overlooked.
That people wouldn't have put 2 and 2 together much earlier.
I'm glad the baby is okay.

RIP

Last edited:
FT. Lewis has some seriously troubled service members. I was appalled how little they can/will do for some of the families facing crisis there. I witnessed a soldier go BAT SHIT, threatening his now ex wife, fighting in barracks, refusing to assist and actually running interference with trying to have the soldier served with the protective order. My husband was Navy, if I had of whispered that there was abuse the Navy would have put my husband on lock down. We had a couple friendship and the wife went nuts and tried to beat the husband down the Navy didn't protect her, they put her on total restriction and did what needed to be done to protect the sailor's family.

It's not all Army posts but Lewis was the worse I had seen....either way this wont bring back the wife. I hope her child wasn't a witness at any point and I am thankful that in this shitty situation at the very least her family had a body to bury, my prayers are with them.

I'm not torn intenseness, I'm confused but I don't hold anything against the military. There are tons more who come back and adjust than there are nutsos.
What I'm confused about with stories like these are how people in a neighborhood can drop off the face of the earth and not be missed for a month.
Maybe it's because I talk to my mom or long distance friends a couple of times a week, brothers maybe once every couple of weeks.
Even if I picked up and hauled ass, I would keep in touch. I certainly wouldn't leave my 2-year old behind.
I mean, of the 2 of them she's not the one most likely to lose it when he came back.

It would suck not to be missed, to have the obvious (car, child left behind) overlooked.

RIP

Aslan I guess to reword what I said is that I do not blame the military in anyway. My family serves proudly and faithly and re-enlist. I do blame them that there is not enough support (mental help) for our soldiers. You DONT want to be tagged with that. And it's very easy for spouses in the military to disappear for months while leaving the car and not really be noticed. I agree SOMEONE should of noticed. But spouses were coming and going all the time from home and where they and their families were stationed. I flew home to bury my father and take care of my mothers affairs. I didnt really know my neighbors, a new base. My car was there... I can see that aspect happening easily ESPECIALLY in bases with high deployment rates. Alot of spouses pack up temporarly or move back home till the spouse gets home. Hell at one point we rented the house out. We had NO COME BACK DATE... 18 months later I met my spouse (the obvious stranger).:stupido3:

I'm sorry, I don't know what it's like to be a military wife. I guess I was just going on what I know and apparently it can easily be worlds apart.
All apologies for that.

I still can't reconcile not being missed for a month. Especially with a baby involved. Everyone in my family would want to be a part of the child's life. This would involve talking to me on a regular basis.

Dropping off the planet for a month...no way no how.

RIP

I'm sorry, I don't know what it's like to be a military wife. I guess I was just going on what I know and apparently it can easily be worlds apart.
All apologies for that.

I still can't reconcile not being missed for a month. Especially with a baby involved. Everyone in my family would want to be a part of the child's life. This would involve talking to me on a regular basis.

Dropping off the planet for a month...no way no how.

Aslan you have to remember that we have stable semi normal families and lives. I met many many a young woman who at a 17 yrs old ran off some 12 hours away from family and married the 'piece of shit' her parents warned her about in the military. Her life becomes supporting her spouses needs and his job. It has NOTHING to do with her... she's simply glue. If kids get involved you hope for decent neighbors -- you hope for long term friends even through moves -- you pray you're not shipped to a new fuck'n base half way across america every six months -- you pray for NO long deployments or INDEFINITE deployments -- lots of if's... i saw these young women actually loose their minds and get committed and not even over the shit i've endured... simply being a glue in a place for the function of a piece of property of the united states... the military does not care about the sanity of marriages -- read their pledges and oaths -- baby we're low on the list... i feel for these women... we had a neighbor at Fort Bliss and be deployed to the field locally for the first time for two months... leaving her with neighbors that knew of her and the kids... i told my husband shes home i see movement but somethings wrong... she at 18 with three children in a row literally undrug related became schitzaphrenic and lost it... they committed her the first time... the second time she committed suicide in the hallway... her note said... i am completely alone :argh: There are groups to assist these women... the other more experienced wives form a unit for deployments and stuff and we were meant to be the cushion the experience, the melt downs, the how the hell do i fix this or what the fuck do i do now... HOWEVER it is the husbands and his supervisors RESPONSIBILITY to make these groups available... they are not posted and if you dont know - you simply dont know... these men are often in fear of their first deployment and do not realize the responsibility they lay on their wives to hold the shit together

Last edited:
You're right.
I don't know what it's like.
Actually, it's scary to think of.
To wonder where he is, if he's okay, how the rent will be paid this month.
When he's home, he's probably still trying to collect his thoughts from what he went through and then he may be deployed again in a heartbeat.
I cannot imagine what that is like.
I really hope you take advantage of the support groups offered. From what I understand, they are actually top notch. Hey, why not check it out? At the worst you can walk away. At the best...it's something. It's comfort. It's not.feeling.alone.

My thing in coming in here was not to mock the military and certainly not military wives. It was pointing out how sad it is that someone can disappear for a month and no one raised an alarm.

We should all go out and make a friend today.

Last edited:
Aslan you have to remember that we have stable semi normal families and lives. I met many many a young woman who at a 17 yrs old ran off some 12 hours away from family and married the 'piece of shit' her parents warned her about in the military. Her life becomes supporting her spouses needs and his job. It has NOTHING to do with her... she's simply glue. If kids get involved you hope for decent neighbors -- you hope for long term friends even through moves -- you pray you're not shipped to a new fuck'n base half way across america every six months -- you pray for NO long deployments or INDEFINITE deployments -- lots of if's... i saw these young women actually loose their minds and get committed and not even over the shit i've endured... simply being a glue in a place for the function of a piece of property of the united states...
Women like this are a disgrace. They should never have married under such circumstances. When you marry someone, you share thier life - including their job. If you do not want, don't like, or can't handle the life of a military man, DON'T MARRY HIM. The rose-colored glasses serve no purpose in ANY marriage.
the military does not care about the sanity of marriages -- read their pledges and oaths -- baby we're low on the list... i feel for these women...
As a long time volunteer for the Family Readiness program (I even have an award from the State of Wisconsin Army National Guard - where I have never lived), I strongly disagree with this statement. With almost 20 currently active family members in all forms of the military (active, Guard, Reserve), I know that this is utterly false. There are hundreds of programs in place for family members. If people do not take advantage of them, it is THEIR fault. It is far easier to blame someone else for your piss poor life than take on responsibility for it yourself or deal with the choices you've made.
we had a neighbor at Fort Bliss and be deployed to the field locally for the first time for two months... leaving her with neighbors that knew of her and the kids... i told my husband shes home i see movement but somethings wrong... she at 18 with three children in a row literally undrug related became schitzaphrenic and lost it... they committed her the first time... the second time she committed suicide in the hallway... her note said... i am completely alone :argh: There are groups to assist these women... the other more experienced wives form a unit for deployments and stuff and we were meant to be the cushion the experience, the melt downs, the how the hell do i fix this or what the fuck do i do now... HOWEVER it is the husbands and his supervisors RESPONSIBILITY to make these groups available... they are not posted and if you dont know - you simply dont know... these men are often in fear of their first deployment and do not realize the responsibility they lay on their wives to hold the shit together
Every time a service man deploys, Family Readiness has people in place that call and check-in on the families (on base and off) on a regular basis. Those coordinators/volunteers can only go on what they are told. Even I get calls when my husband deploys (after all this time, I rarely have anything to say to them). I am given a list of "Important Numbers" to be used before he even deploys. Currently my husband is in Africa for 2 weeks. I am looking at a 3 page list of all the numbers for base contacts for any situation that I could think of, contact numbers in Africa, and local/national community resources. A 2 week deployment is nothing but a cake walk. I won't even hear from him until he's back in the states.

The family of a military member is in NO different boat than any other family. The resources are there, but you have to reach out. In fact, base living has MORE resources than most folks in Anytown, USA. The very nature of military life makes it needed. Every family is given a handbook of base resources when they move in. I don't live on a base but my husband brings home tons of stuff that for me, after almost 17 years of marriage (although my husband has 36 in the military), is redundant. My pet peeve are the mandatory meetings for family that I have to attend and tell me little new.

Life in the military is not for everyone but anyone who chooses to marry into it has to do their end of the work to make it work. That is no different than ANY marriage. The military is far from perfect and could surely do more but to denigrate all that they do do and have available is a disservice. Just like in "real life", no one is going to hand you stuff on a platter. The resources are there, but you have to make it known you need them. The military makes greater effort to help families and make servies known than any community in the "real life".

You're right.
I don't know what it's like.
Actually, it's scary to think of.
To wonder where he is, if he's okay, how the rent will be paid this month.
When he's home, he's probably still trying to collect his thoughts from what he went through and then he may be deployed again in a heartbeat.
I cannot imagine what that is like.
I really hope you take advantage of the support groups offered. From what I understand, they are actually top notch. Hey, why not check it out? At the worst you can walk away. At the best...it's something. It's comfort. It's not.feeling.alone.

My thing in coming in here was not to mock the military and certainly not military wives. It was pointing out how sad it is that someone can disappear for a month and no one raised an alarm.

We should all go out and make a friend today.

Aslan,

I DID NOT MEAN to seem in anyway a personal attack. Please forgive me. It was very different for me, I was a military brat. Yes they are top notch and a very awesome thing in the right hands... experience is comfort within itself.

I now live a normal life... with normal bs... no more military husbands for me. And I love and support my family members that remain in the military and some awesome friends I made ages ago while in the military.

It is beyond sadness that an animal, moreless, a human being (child/youth/adult) can disappear for as much as 24 hours and someone not check on them; Not to mention a month.

Lets hope for the sake of others even if we're not their friends we're experienced enough to care for the 'strangers' around us.

We dont alway travel the paths with least resistance and safety.... :proud2:

women like this are a disgrace. They should never have married under such circumstances. When you marry someone, you share thier life - including their job. If you do not want, don't like, or can't handle the life of a military man, don't marry him. The rose-colored glasses serve no purpose in any marriage.

As a long time volunteer for the family readiness program (i even have an award from the state of wisconsin army national guard - where i have never lived), i strongly disagree with this statement. With almost 20 currently active family members in all forms of the military (active, guard, reserve), i know that this is utterly false. There are hundreds of programs in place for family members. If people do not take advantage of them, it is their fault. It is far easier to blame someone else for your piss poor life than take on responsibility for it yourself or deal with the choices you've made.

Every time a service man deploys, family readiness has people in place that call and check-in on the families (on base and off) on a regular basis. Those coordinators/volunteers can only go on what they are told. Even i get calls when my husband deploys (after all this time, i rarely have anything to say to them). I am given a list of "important numbers" to be used before he even deploys. Currently my husband is in africa for 2 weeks. I am looking at a 3 page list of all the numbers for base contacts for any situation that i could think of, contact numbers in africa, and local/national community resources. A 2 week deployment is nothing but a cake walk. I won't even hear from him until he's back in the states.

The family of a military member is in no different boat than any other family. The resources are there, but you have to reach out. In fact, base living has more resources than most folks in anytown, usa. The very nature of military life makes it needed. Every family is given a handbook of base resources when they move in. I don't live on a base but my husband brings home tons of stuff that for me, after almost 17 years of marriage (although my husband has 36 in the military), is redundant. My pet peeve are the mandatory meetings for family that i have to attend and tell me little new.

Life in the military is not for everyone but anyone who chooses to marry into it has to do their end of the work to make it work. That is no different than any marriage. The military is far from perfect and could surely do more but to denigrate all that they do do and have available is a disservice. Just like in "real life", no one is going to hand you stuff on a platter. The resources are there, but you have to make it known you need them. The military makes greater effort to help families and make servies known than any community in the "real life".

you can personally attack me and you can base your thoughts on your experience...

However... None of what i said was false in ''' my experience '''

i married in 1993 and divorce in 2003... He was a marine and then army

not one time... And i mean one time did a deployment group contact me ever

i did not find out till my husbands second deployment and it was by chance

also... The only care about marriage came from individuals 'not' the military

they covered up abuse becuz he was a 'good' soldier... Still is

these women are NOT disgraces... They were not prepared for being a 'military' wife... And most 17 yrs old have rose colored glasses anyway

i CAN NOT believe that you would so personally attack me... Usually you at least take the path of fairness

this time you're out of line

experience of others is experience of others and i've never done the 'reserves'... My husband was active and in special op's

i had one mandatory meeting the entire time we were married... but then again maybe since my husband RAN the unit... i got the privillege or underprivillege of attending the unit meetings you got stuck attending

Last edited:
I was not attacking you. I was contradicting what you said with my own experiences. I'm am no more required to like your opinion than you are required to like mine.

And my experience is vastly different. Even the family experience with Marines in Iraq is far different than what you are talking about. Today my nephew (a Marine that fought in Fallujah in the early war and has severe PTSD still) had great family support for his wife and kids through that and beyond from the Marines while he was active. A fact for which we were grateful as they were not in an area where they had family or had been stationed long.

I'm sorry, I think 17 year olds that run off and get married to ANYONE against the advise of others are a disgrace if they are totally unprepared to deal with life. Some are, some aren't. Getting married for immature reasons is nothing new and has little to do with whether they are in the military or not.

I'm not willing to paint the military with the same brush I would everyone with mental or marriage problems. The situation may be special but those problems happen in any marriage. I don't blame the town I lived in if resources aren't there.

I did acknowledge that there is work to be done but I believe that resources are far more plentiful and available than to families not in the military.

Solider Locked Dead Wife In Crate For Months

I'm sorry if this was posted already- didn't see that it was.

100426_sheldon_plummer.jpg

OLYMPIA, Wash. -- The Army soldier who admitted to killing his wife, then hiding her body in a storage crate appeared before a judge on Monday.

Sgt. Sheldon Plummer, who is being held on $750,000 bail, appeared via a video feed. He has not been charged.

Detectives said Plummer walked into the Thurston County Sheriff's Office last Friday and confessed to killing his 27-year-old wife during an argument in February.

Plummer told investigators his wife was armed with a knife, and he ended up strangling her to death. He said he then put her body in a storage crate, and locked it away in a storage unit for two months.

To explain her absence, Plummer said he told friends his wife had packed three bags and left him and their 2-year-old daughter. But her car remained in the parking lot of their apartment complex, and the woman's family in Arizona said they'd not heard from her.

Police launched a missing-person investigation and questioned Plummer, who said his wife had left voluntarily.

Detectives received a call from an acquaintance of Plummer who said the soldier had asked him whether he knew anything about disposing a body. Investigators questioned Plummer on April 18, but had no evidence of a crime.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/92141699.html

302z7s1.jpg
A 27-year-old homicide victim found stuffed in a storage container in her husband’s garage near Lacey is an Iraq War veteran who was discharged from the Army so she could raise her daughter, her father said outside court Monday.
[...]

He said his daughter was a member of the San Carlos Apache Indian Tribe. Winter Plummer’s 2-year-old daughter also is a tribal member, and Goseyun said she will be returning with him to the reservation.
[...]

According to court papers, Sheldon Plummer admitted to strangling his wife after a dispute Feb. 19. Plummer told detectives that “he strangled his wife after she attacked him with a knife during an argument.”

Detectives later found that Plummer had pawned his wife’s jewelry, Mealy has said.
[...]

Sheldon Plummer had disposed of some of Winter Plummer’s belongings in an attempt to make it appear as though she had left, Tunheim said during Monday’s court hearing.

Tunheim said that Sheldon Plummer was developing an elaborate plan to get rid of his wife’s body in order to evade detection. He even sent text messages from her cell phone to her family members in Arizona after her death, in an effort to make them believe she was still alive.

After detectives initially interviewed Sheldon Plummer on April 18, he removed Winter Plummer’s body from a local storage unit and placed it in his garage, court papers state. Sheldon Plummer confessed to the homicide, Mealy said.

Goseyun said he visited Winter and Sheldon Plummer over Christmas and saw discord in their marriage. He said the couple argued frequently. “I had a feeling he was going to snap sooner or later,” he said.

When asked why the couple fought, Goseyun said Winter believed Sheldon “got a little too friendly with other female unit members.”

Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Jodilyn Erikson-Muldrew has said Sheldon Plummer had no documented history of domestic violence against his wife. He also has no prior criminal history or arrest record.
[...]

Winter Plummer wanted to leave her husband, but she was concerned that he would try to get custody of their daughter, and “she opted to stay with him,” Goseyun said.
http://www.thenewstribune.com/2010/04/27/v-lite/1164443/slain-soldier-was-tribal-member.html

denyma.jpg

Winter Plummer

TACOMA, Wash. - A Joint Base Lewis-McChord soldier who admitted strangling his wife pleaded guilty Wednesday to murder and domestic violence charges.

The News Tribune of Tacoma reports Sheldon Plummer calmly told the Thurston County Superior Court judge, "guilty, your honor."

Court papers say Plummer told detectives he strangled Winter Plummer after she attacked him with a knife during an argument at Feb. 19 at their apartment near Lacey. Detectives found her body on April 23 in a storage container in the garage.

Thurston County prosecutors are recommending a 14-year prison term when the 28-year-old is sentenced Aug. 20 in Olympia.

Plummer and his 27-year-old wife had both served in Iraq. They have a 2-year-old daughter.

http://www.king5.com/news/local/JBLM-soldier-pleads-guilty-to-strangling-wife-98939994.html

I'm sorry, I'll admit quite a bit of ignorance to military legal proceeding, but shouldn't this have been a Court Martial, rather than a civilian case?

I know that's how it worked for the Air Force cadets here that were charged with rape. Don't have much other knowledge to go on.

I'm sorry, I'll admit quite a bit of ignorance to military legal proceeding, but shouldn't this have been a Court Martial, rather than a civilian case?

I know that's how it worked for the Air Force cadets here that were charged with rape. Don't have much other knowledge to go on.
There are several things that go into determining who charges for what and when. I'm not sure of the rape cases you mentioned..I don't know all the nuances of charging that can happen but if it was cadet-cadet rape on base, it would be handled by the military. Other situations may involve military charges.

In this case, the murder did not occur in base housing so local authorities probably have first crack at it. I know sometimes the military has been given jurisdiction by the locals but I'm not sure what the conditions are that made it so. I think it usually has to do with resources available, with locals turning things over to the military. :noidea:

There are several things that go into determining who charges for what and when. I'm not sure of the rape cases you mentioned..I don't know all the nuances of charging that can happen but if it was cadet-cadet rape on base, it would be handled by the military. Other situations may involve military charges.

In this case, the murder did not occur in base housing so local authorities probably have first crack at it. I know sometimes the military has been given jurisdiction by the locals but I'm not sure what the conditions are that made it so. I think it usually has to do with resources available, with locals turning things over to the military. :noidea:

Gotcha. For some reason I thought this was on-base housing. Makes more sense if it wasn't.

A Joint Base Lewis-McChord soldier who admitted he killed his wife and stuffed her body in a storage crate was sentenced to more than 14 years in prison on Friday.

A Thurston County Superior Court judge handed down the sentence after Sgt. Sheldon Plummer said he was guilty of the crime of murder and that he was sorry for what he had done.

The prison term was in the middle of the standard sentencing range of 10 years to about 18 years.
[...]
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/101193439.html

Back