• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

CorruptedMistress

Police say a mother of five was watching "American Idol" while her 3-year-old girl nearly drowned in a bathtub at an Indianapolis home last week.

Brooks left Sirius and her 1-year-old sister Sereena in the tub with about 9 inches of water and went into another room to get clothes, according to a police report made public this morning.

Brooks was in her bedroom when her oldest daughters, Daesheana Twyman, 7, and Dasianaye Twyman, 5, entered the room, police said.

"Daesheana stated that they were in her mother's bedroom watching American Idol on TV for several minutes and her mother suddenly stated that she forgot and left the two youngest children in the tub," Officer Gustavia Dodson wrote in the report.

Brooks told Daesheana to take the children out of the tub, police said. Daesheana found Sirius submerged and called for her mother.

http://jconline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080303/NEWS09/80303019

Stunned....seriously.

My three year old took baths with a little water and the door open with out constant supervision. I never left her in there for long but I would not hesitate to switch laundry, walking past her at least twice in that two minutes, or some other quick task like change a diaper that I could not do as easily with her right under foot. I wonder how long she left them.

I saw this one yesterday too and started to post it but got distracted..the mom is 25 and has 5 kids :eek: but what really chapped my ass was as of yesterday she hadn't been charged with anything regarding the children, but they were able to arrest her on drug charges bcs when they searched the home they found drugs and a scale. POS.

Back