• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
They realize they have it, but sometimes the other personalities don't want to be medicated and they listen, or they think they're better without medication.
Shyte, if I go off my med's for more than 3 days, I know I'm not right. So does my family. So, if even a person like me knows I'm not right in the head, this person had to know too. I'd rather not say why I'm on multiple medications. Not on a public forum anyway. I will say this, if an individual has been diagnosed with mental illness, said individual KNOWS they aren't right. FFS, take your meds.

And here we have the real dilemma...

One out of every 6 people with a mental disorder do not have health coverage. And I'm not sure if you've ever had to pay for your meds out of pocket, but they are OUTRAGEOUS... like 2 prescriptions of my anti-psychotics were like 600$

That being said, I have been studying abnormal psychology since I was 12, it is a hobby, and in all the cases I read about MPD the patients were mostly unaware that there were other people inside their head, and I've NEVER heard of "just switching personalities " like a pair of socks. I'm pretty sure that's not how it works but every case is different...

And here we have the real dilemma...

One out of every 6 people with a mental disorder do not have health coverage. And I'm not sure if you've ever had to pay for your meds out of pocket, but they are OUTRAGEOUS... like 2 prescriptions of my anti-psychotics were like 600$

That being said, I have been studying abnormal psychology since I was 12, it is a hobby, and in all the cases I read about MPD the patients were mostly unaware that there were other people inside their head, and I've NEVER heard of "just switching personalities " like a pair of socks. I'm pretty sure that's not how it works but every case is different...
I don't have any health insurance. None, nada. What I do have is the Helen-Ross-McNabb Center. Very low cost for low income folks, like me. There ARE resources available if one takes the time to seek them out. If a person lacks the ability to seek out all resources, their family should make a choice....either we let Billy-Bob go to jail & murder/molest/harm an innocent person....or we do some leg-work.

Don't even try to convince me there are NO resources available in any state to help the mentally ill. I know better. Without any form of insurance (or Medicare) I pay less that $26.00 monthly for 3 meds. It takes time & metric shit-ton of work to find assistance, but it is out there.

Oh, and yes, I have been committed twice. Because my family/friends/LEO cared enough to get me the help I needed.

...ok?

Didn't say one thing about "committing" anyone. Obviously this dude needs some help. All I was saying was that multiple personality disorder doesn't work that way. And by the by, most programs like that are so overwhelmed that they can't help everyone who needs it, hence the massive amounts of homeless people with mental disorders, the government cuts money from programs like that all the time.

There is no such thing as Multiple Personality Disorder, and anyone who claims to be suffering from multiple personalities is most likely lying to gain attention. We were all fifteen once.

There does exist a disorder known as Dissociative Identity Disorder, whereby the afflicted individual lacks a fully integrated sense of him/herself and may cycle between different "states" of identity and awareness, but by no means are these "states" separate personalities. For instance, the individual may cycle back and forth between seeming friendly, outgoing, & optimistic and bitter, solitary, & pessimistic. In extreme cases, they may have only a vague recollection of the things they've said or done while in the other state -- such as the "what" they did rather than the "why" of it.

More frequently, their internal sense of time becomes thrown off. What may have seemed like an hour turns out to have been four hours or four minutes. This alone could easily perpetuate the myth of Multiple Personality Disorder... or of alien abductions complete with anal probing.

There is no such thing as Multiple Personality Disorder, and anyone who claims to be suffering from multiple personalities is most likely lying to gain attention. We were all fifteen once.

There does exist a disorder known as Dissociative Identity Disorder, whereby the afflicted individual lacks a fully integrated sense of him/herself and may cycle between different "states" of identity and awareness, but by no means are these "states" separate personalities. For instance, the individual may cycle back and forth between seeming friendly, outgoing, & optimistic and bitter, solitary, & pessimistic. In extreme cases, they may have only a vague recollection of the things they've said or done while in the other state -- such as the "what" they did rather than the "why" of it.

More frequently, their internal sense of time becomes thrown off. What may have seemed like an hour turns out to have been four hours or four minutes. This alone could easily perpetuate the myth of Multiple Personality Disorder... or of alien abductions complete with anal probing.

I think, I like you Teleute, I too have always been suspicious of "Multiple Personality Disorder"

There is no such thing as Multiple Personality Disorder, and anyone who claims to be suffering from multiple personalities is most likely lying to gain attention.

Hi, just curious, are you in the mental healh field?
Do you work with people like this? Just wondering.

But didn't they once identify DID as MPD? I was under the impression that the name has evolved along with the understanding of the disease?

Yeah, i was going to say they don't call it that anymore anyway. They call it DPD.
Off topic but is that your dog in the avatar? SOOO CUTEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Here she is: (they must have used the same red Koolaid hair dye)

dYchzsT.jpg

Maybe this guy's MPD is a delusional self diagnosis. It reminded me of this ad I saw a while back that made me got WTF :wtf: I didn't watch the show but you can tell she's just an attention whore.

I knew, back in the day, a young woman who had been diagnosed with DID. We got to be good sober friends, and she told me her story: She had/has 3 distinct personalities besides the one I knew. All three were children, one pre verbal. Turns out she grew up in foster homes and had a history of horrendous abuse. I'm talking nailing her hands to a table as punishment for some minor infractions. I saw the scars, and they sure looked like holes to me. I never encountered any of her "others", but she was one messed up lady. Just a story, but you seldom (if ever), meet someone with DID.

Hi, just curious, are you in the mental healh field?
Do you work with people like this? Just wondering.

No, I just read a lot. It's what comes of lacking basic cable and a social life. :) But I totally tried faking multiple personalities back when I was an angsty teenager.

No, I just read a lot. It's what comes of lacking basic cable and a social life. :) But I totally tried faking multiple personalities back when I was an angsty teenager.

Oh wow, really? Tht's fucked up. I do believe it isn't bull though. Just because you faked it doesn't mean others have. Are you ashamed at all for doing that? Did people find out you faked?

You can believe "Multiple Personality Disorder" isn't bull. You can believe in faeries and unicorns as well, if that's what strikes your fancy. It doesn't mean they're real. (Though it's certainly possible the unicorns have been hunted to extinction.) But why on earth would I be ashamed of some silly teenage prank? My English teacher chalked it up to hypoglycemia.

I knew, back in the day, a young woman who had been diagnosed with DID. We got to be good sober friends, and she told me her story: She had/has 3 distinct personalities besides the one I knew. All three were children, one pre verbal. Turns out she grew up in foster homes and had a history of horrendous abuse. I'm talking nailing her hands to a table as punishment for some minor infractions. I saw the scars, and they sure looked like holes to me. I never encountered any of her "others", but she was one messed up lady. Just a story, but you seldom (if ever), meet someone with DID.

This is where my conflict lies..... We can all agree that a child that has gone through the most violent/horrendous/awful childhoods would struggle to maintain a "normal" life when their story appears . But then when an adult as part of their explanation mentions their upbringing we (and I mean me) say it should not be brought in as a reason as there are so many children/adults who do not abuse/hurt.

Still conflicted, i know from personal experience...... what I consider as "normal" might not be to others.

Sigh....... the debate rages on.

Multiple Personality Disorder (MPD) has changed in name to Differential Identity Disorder (DID). My mother is a multiple and has been my whole life. Her alternates began to emerge because of a horrific childhood, it was the 60's and her father was arrested for child abuse which didn't happen back then. Her personalities run the whole spectrum also she is not aware of what the others do, nor can she control the switching. She has one that has attacked me on several occasions leading to my being removed from the house as a young child and it has happened while I've been an adult too which has led to my defending myself and sadly injuring her. My mother is not a bad person, she is simply sick and if she had control over her switching I don't think for a second she would attack me still because I can defend myself now but she can't stop when that person comes out.

My father and I are very good at telling when it is happening and steer clear at this point. But, I allow my children around her frequently and she has never laid a hand on one of them but I do make sure "who" they will be seeing that day.

In a nut shell their story is bullshit and I hope they rot in prison but not before the inmates dispense a bit of "street justice".

Just like any disease we (as a species) don't fully understand or don't have a definitive diagnostic "test" for (maybe not the best choice of wording but I hope you all understand what I'm trying to say) there will always be people who will try to fake these illnesses as an excuse for their bad behavior. Whether it be faking an illness such as fibromialgia to get pain meds or a mental disorder such as MPD/DID to get off light once a crime had been committed. I'm not saying there aren't legitimate cases of MPD/DID (just to clarify) but I think that as long as there are people doing bad things, there will be people using any available excuses to get out of taking personal responsibility for their actions!

Oh ffs he's nuts.Also who the hell would want to have sex with him?Is it because he has so many personalities, it's like a different person every time?lol.Get rid of both the fools.

I couldn't find an article about their trial and sentencing, but I did find Abuse-o the Clown's inmate information. He just started a 10 year sentence on 1/7/15! At least he'll have Shadow to keep him company.....

C09501.jpg
DC Number: C09501
Name: WALKER, TERRANCE A
Race: WHITE
Sex: MALE
Hair Color: BROWN
Eye Color: BLUE
Height: 5'08''
Weight: 154 lbs.
Birth Date: 11/18/1993
Initial Receipt Date: 01/08/2015
Current Facility: CFRC-MAIN
Current Custody: PENDING
Current Release Date: 09/21/2023
(Release Date subject to change pending gain time award, gain time forfeiture, or review. A 'TO BE SET' Release Date is to be established pending review.)
Send money to this inmate.

Aliases:
TERRANCE WALKER TERRANCE A WALKER

Scars, Marks, and Tattoos:
Type
Location Description
TATTOO LEFT CHEST XIII
TATTOO RIGHT ARM WB W SPIDER,

Current Prison Sentence History:
Offense Date
Offense Sentence Date County Case No. Prison Sentence Length
09/19/2013 AGGRAVATED CHILD ABUSE 12/22/2014 SUMTER 1300393 10Y 0M 0D

Note: The offense descriptions are truncated and do not necessarily reflect the crime of conviction. Please refer to the court documents or the Florida Statutes for further information or definition.

Incarceration History:
Date In-Custody
Date Out-of-Custody
01/08/2015 Currently Incarcerated

MPD, or Dissociative Identity Disorder as it is now called is an extremely controversial diagnosis in psychiatry and always has been. Though it did experience a bit of popularity in the seventies and eighties as it was popularized through mainstream media through narratives such as Sybil and When Rabbit Howls. The true story behind Sybil I find much more fascinating as detailed in Sybil Exposed by Debbie Nathan. See further information here: http://www.cbc.ca/books/2011/12/sybil-exposed.html and here: http://www.npr.org/2011/10/20/141514464/real-sybil-admits-multiple-personalities-were-fake.

This is a very polarizing diagnosis. Most psychiatrists and therapists have either NEVER seen a "true" case of MPD or DID, while others specialize almost exclusively in this particular disorder.

I do have opinion on the subject, however, it is only that, an opinion and I am open to changing that at anytime, given new and VALID research (YouTube videos have not swayed me thus far) and in this case I have a suspicion that the accused thinks that this will meet the standard of legal insanity, which of course, does not meet the criteria. Of course I could always be wrong, but I think that this is a slightly more dressed up excuse akin to a toddler blaming an imaginary friend.

I couldn't find an article about their trial and sentencing, but I did find Abuse-o the Clown's inmate information. He just started a 10 year sentence on 1/7/15! At least he'll have Shadow to keep him company.....

C09501.jpg
DC Number: C09501
Name: WALKER, TERRANCE A
Race: WHITE
Sex: MALE
Hair Color: BROWN
Eye Color: BLUE
Height: 5'08''
Weight: 154 lbs.
Birth Date: 11/18/1993
Initial Receipt Date: 01/08/2015
Current Facility: CFRC-MAIN
Current Custody: PENDING
Current Release Date: 09/21/2023
(Release Date subject to change pending gain time award, gain time forfeiture, or review. A 'TO BE SET' Release Date is to be established pending review.)
Send money to this inmate.

Aliases:
TERRANCE WALKER TERRANCE A WALKER

Scars, Marks, and Tattoos:
Type
Location Description
TATTOO LEFT CHEST XIII
TATTOO RIGHT ARM WB W SPIDER,

Current Prison Sentence History:
Offense Date
Offense Sentence Date County Case No. Prison Sentence Length
09/19/2013 AGGRAVATED CHILD ABUSE 12/22/2014 SUMTER 1300393 10Y 0M 0D

Note: The offense descriptions are truncated and do not necessarily reflect the crime of conviction. Please refer to the court documents or the Florida Statutes for further information or definition.

Incarceration History:
Date In-Custody
Date Out-of-Custody
01/08/2015 Currently Incarcerated
where did all of his awesome hair go?

I know this story is forever old but I met the mother Noemi after her arrest after she got out on bail. Let me tell you this woman has many issues and had no business having a child then or ever. She is a liar and a thief I was nice to her and at first gave her the benefit of a doubt til a month or two getting to know her. I at the time was in a situation where I had to share a living space with her at a private shelter. She was there a few months and just after she left after being advised not to with a guy she met off the internet and didn't even know, I noticed some of my things had gone missing like jewelry and 150.00 of my money I had saved up to buy my kids school supplies. She is a piece of shit!

I don't know anything about personality disorders, but I don't think people can just "switch" their personality when asked to. I thought it was uncontrollable?
Depends on whether the other personality is willing to step on the stage, and the degree of sharing dominance. Has nothing to do with schizophrenia though.

Where's the rotten stains now? Any updates since some sad sack loser decided to bump it to bitch about the expected hassles of shelter life?

Oh and if you belive in split personalities, you're a fucking idiot. Fact.

Back