Convicted child rapist Wayne Chapman found not guilty of charges in lewdness trial, will be released from prison
Chapman was accused of exposing himself and masterbating in front of department of corrections staff and nurses at Massachusetts Correctional Institution – Shirley in June 2018.
Wayne Chapman has admitted to molesting up to 100 boys across multiple states and remains a suspect in the 1976 disappearance of a 10-year-old Lawrence boy. Until Friday, when a Middlesex Superior …
But Chapman’s story, spelled out in shocking detail in past prison reports, tells the story of a predator who terrorized young boys all over the east. Records state:
- He tortured cats as a youth, “locking them in boxes and leaving them to starve” in the woods. He also killed a cat with bricks.
- Made advances on an 11-year-old stepson.
- Promised a paper route to a 12-year-old boy in Pennsylvania as a ruse to lure him into the woods and molest him.
- Once fantasized about “fondling and killing a kid.”
- Carried a receipt for “the purchase of a boys wallet,” according to an entry dated Feb. 24.
- Prison staff saying he has “his own agenda” and is capable of getting around.
- An entry from 2015 states Chapman is “still capable of sexual functioning.”
- In the 1970s, at the height of his attacks on “50-100” boys, he said: “I need help because I cannot help myself from doing these things.”