• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

sugarfree irony

Trusted Member
Authorities in Arkansas reportedly removed seven children from their home last week after an anonymous caller notified police that the kids were running barefoot in the snow. When officers arrived at the home of Hal and Michelle Stanley with a warrant, they searched the premises and found a mineral supplement — MMS or Mineral Miracle Solution, which has been cited for various dangers by the Food and Drug Administration — and took the children into custody.

“No charges of neglect or abuse have been filed against the Stanleys’ case that is being built [around] MMS and its possible danger to the children,” notes a GoFundMe page, “Bring the Stanley Kids Home,” started by supporters to raise money (nearly $7,000 so far) for the family’s legal fees. “A lawyer has volunteered to take the case. He is a well-known and respected attorney in our area and we are very happy to have him on our side.”
The Stanleys are reportedly a religious couple who are “preppers” (end-of- world survivalists) and who have home homeschooled their nine children, two of which are grown and live outside the home. Hal has noted that he occasionally uses MMS — a legal substance that’s not FDA-approved (because as a supplement, it doesn’t need to be) — mostly for purifying their garden water. He says the children have never used the supplement.

https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/7-children-removed-from-home-over-mineral-108675921907.html

Some more links about this story , not from news sites .
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/01/...-familys-home-over-use-of-bogus-miracle-cure/
http://www.wnd.com/2015/01/7-homeschool-kids-stolen-by-sheriffs-deputies/

There is mention of the kids running outside in the snow barefoot , but the mom says it is a winter tradition to take pictures of their footprints in the snow . I hope there is something more to their removal than the adults using a legal product to purify garden water . There has to be right ? Cause it would be really fucked up all the kids that get beat to death after cps visits and sees nothing wrong , but seven healthy , happy kids are yanked away because dad gardens differently .

Weird, I JUST read a big thing about that MMS stuff not 2-3 days ago. Sounds very much like snake oil, only more dangerous. Had never heard of it before. The "inventor" created his own church in order to sell the shit.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/health/stop-using-miracle-mineral-solution-immediately-health-canada-1.2059918

The agency says the unauthorized product, sold over the Internet as a treatment for serious diseases such as cancer, poses serious health risks if ingested.

It says MMS contains sodium chlorite, a chemical used mainly as a textile bleaching agent and disinfectant.

I am EXTREMELY skeptical of any "miracle" cancer treatment. I am even more skeptical of a miracle cancer treatment that's also a miracle cure for multiple serious ailments besides cancer.

This is the original article I read: http://www.theguardian.com/science/2010/sep/15/miracle-mineral-solutions-mms-bleach

I do not know that them having this in the home + kids barefoot in the snow alone warrants their removal, but it does make me side-eye them a bit.

Sounds like a sketchy family, sounds like an even sketchier child removal. Always hate seeing hte authorities overstepping. Disgusting.

Until i know more, from the facts cited, it definitely appears the government is overstepping their boundaries. Since when is it a crime to be weird?

Big Brother is watching WAY to closely.

My only thought on this is maybe there were allegations (besides snow) & police used whatever they could to get the kids out.

Our gubbermint agency at its best, if it can be fucked a gubbermint agency can and will
and the public has no recourse. CPS is above the law, they investigate themselves and always find themselves innocent of all wrong doing, always find proper procedure was followed, but are reviewing (proper procedure) so it will not happen again

Last edited:
After hearing arguments in a probable cause case of the Department of Human Services vs. Hal and Michelle Stanley, a Garland County judge has found probable cause for DHS to keep custody of the Stanley's seven children.
The Stanley's say their children were taken January 12 after they were served a search warrant by the Garland County Sheriff's Office (GCSO) to find a chemical substance called Miracle Mineral Solution (MMS), which GCSO believes endangered the welfare of the seven minors.

The GCSO insists, in a statement released this week, that MMS was not the sole reason they made the decision to remove the children. They won't comment beyond that and neither will DHS. Much of the available information has come from motions filed by the defense Wednesday.

Q. Byrum Hurst Jr., Stanley's attorney, says the complaints by law enforcement to take the children were aimed at a life style (home births, rarely seeing a doctor, homeschooling) rather than factual allegations that the children have been abused and harmed or that an emergency existed. According to DHS in cases where children are removed from a home, there has to be an emergency order signed.

The Judge is tasked with determining one of three options: there was probable cause to take the children at the time and still is; there was probable cause at the time but not anymore and the children can go back home; or, there was never probable cause to take the children.

Hurst is trying to show there was no emergency and no reason to remove these children.

According to a motion he filed, an affidavit previously filed by authorities, following the search and after GCSO removed the children, didn't set out any facts of abuse to the children and only said the juveniles' health and safety are in danger due to "allegations" involving abuse.

He says a child is not abused by "allegations" and points out that the children were examined on scene by a physician and pronounced fit and healthy.

http://www.arkansasmatters.com/stor...in-in-dhs-custod/13202/HM_6yEtGhUutVMD_Pwu3cg

This is confusing to me . If there are other reasons why not state them when taking the children , or shortly after . This sounds like they ran in with no reason and are now trying to come up with something . But maybe the wait to reveal is standard procedure ?

https://www.facebook.com/bringthestanleykidshome

This makes me so angry, cps is out of control ! a few years ago it was standard practice when an adult was arrested to have to strip squat and cough, someone filled a law suit and won on grounds it was humiliating and demeaning! and yet every day children with no fault of their own are put through the same demeaning exams when being taken from their family's. Why doesn't someone stop that humiliating bs being done to helpless children by god knows what creepy adult working in the cps intake of these poor scared innocent kids.! Just sayin!

Although Hal and Michelle Stanley were under the impression that their seven children would be returned home after a Feb. 12 court hearing, they were frustrated to learn that their hearing was postponed until March 23.
Even though the children have already been in state custody for over a month, 73-year-old Hal Stanley told The Christian Post that he was not given any reason for why their court date was pushed back.

"Obviously, they can do that and they just postponed it for six weeks and we have not been given a clear-cut reason for that," Stanley said. "This is just like the case has been from the beginning."
Although the court awarded the Stanleys limited three-hour liberal visitation rights every week, the parents are censored in what they can discuss with their children and are not allowed to pray with them during visiting hours.

"All weekend, I tried to worship with them," he said. "Their aunt and uncle were up here from Indiana and we just wanted to see them. They would not let us go worship with them. It is tyranny to the top. It is Christian persecution."
Stanley also disclosed that he thinks two of his older children, who have already gone on to college, could be behind the investigation because they always expressed interest in going to public school.

"We have a couple of our teenagers who decided they wanted to go to public school," Stanley contends. "I think they are behind some of this, but we are trying to get to the bottom of it ourselves."
http://www.christianpost.com/news/7...eyre-victims-of-christian-persecution-134335/
Still looking for updates about this family . The kids look healthy and happy in the photos I've seen .

"We have a couple of our teenagers who decided they wanted to go to public school," Stanley contends. "I think they are behind some of this, but we are trying to get to the bottom of it ourselves."

So they think their own (older) children turned them in? That part makes me most suspicious!

Everyone is like "blagh government overreach!" but I guarantee if those kids DIE from their bathsit crazy parents making them DRINK bleach, or god forbid giving them an enema with it (the people of this """"church"""" say doing a bleach enema will cure autism), you'd be the first people in line screaming "WHERE WAS CPS?!!?!?!!?"

They did their damn job. Now shut up about it.

The more that comes out on this one the less inclined I am to believe that the state overreached.

Homeschooled, Bible studies (I'm Christian and that still rubs me wrong on this one), Bible lessons, and in the article from yesterday. Christian persecution? In the south? I've been down south, the only thing there was more of then WalMarts was churches, there were churches every where. I find "Christian persecution" to be almost an absurd allegation. Also the father says that his children are now "forced" into public school, being taught worldly things like that's the end of the world or something. He also said they weren't "dressed properly", does that mean not warm enough or does that mean what I suspect it does and that it isn't "modest" enough?

And lastly, the fact that he believes their older children turned them in. That alone speaks volumes to me, like they are worried about their younger siblings.

I don't know, I'm just getting a weird feeling with this one now.:shrug:

Seventy three year old? What age are the kids? And what age is their mum? He should be enjoying his retirement ffs, and seeing his grandchildren, not worrying about the end of the world and whether he's gonna get his kids back. There must be more to this, you know they usually leave kids with abusive parents until one turns up dead ffs. I'm sure there's loads we're not being told.

I see that the girls in the picture are wearing jeans. You'd never see the Duggar girls in jeans. So they can't be that crazy religious.

Dad is lying, and he's using the Christian angle to really inflame people and get the sheeple on his side. He says: "I absolutely believe that it's Christian persecution, to be honest with you." This indicates that he's being deceptive. He knows why they took the kids, and he knows that it has nothing to do with religion.

One of the older kids obviously broke free, got out there in the real world, realized that their upbringing wasn't right and is trying to save their siblings.

Then he's all: "Now they are being taught the world standards. We have homeschooled them. Now, they are being forced into public school. My children are not properly dressed. They are not properly prepared." Yeah, Dad is freaking out because he's lost his control. Now all of the things he's been hiding are coming to light and kids are starting to talk. He's there at visitations still trying to use the Bible to exert control (probably a lot of 'honor thy father' and stories of Biblical struggles) and the state is now forbidding him to do the religious schick around them, so he's crying persecution.

https://www.kark.com/news/local-new...ily-whose-kids-were-seized-in-2014/1360593054

10Aug2018
[...]
-- The Eighth Circuit Court of appeals has ruled in favor of a Garland County family, years after authorities seized their children from their home.
[...]
After several months, the children were eventually allowed to return home, and no charges were filed against Hal or Michelle Stanley. The decision to seize the children resulted in multiple legal challenges. In 2017, a lower court ruled that Investigator Finnegan removed the Stanley children from the home without an adequate basis. On Friday, the Eighth Circuit agreed with that ruling.

The court decision is at the link .

Just an FYI - This decision isn't winning a lawsuit, it's denying a point of qualified immunity the CPS worker Katherine Finnegan, was trying to hold on to. Now the lawsuit can go forward. If what I've read in the decision is accurate, her actions in this are going to make the Stanley family very rich courtesy of the State of Arkansas.

As an aside - In the decision there's a paragraph where the legalese is the equivalent of a bitch slap to the defense. Without getting into details, it takes a special kind of chutzpah desperation to plead to a court that one of their own decisions is wrong for blatantly obvious reasons.

In a alternate universe, wouldn't it be interesting if the state went after the kid who started this whole mess in the first place? Or maybe the father just could have said 'Fine go to public school'

Doesn't really look like the family was hurting anybody.
Someone is about to become very very very financially comfortable though.

Back