• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
23wpd3.jpg

Serial Killer David Gore​
Serial killer's letters may have sped up execution
April 5 2012
David Alan Gore is set to be executed sooner than he expected, in part because he could not stop bragging about raping and murdering four teenagers and two women in Florida three decades ago.

An author published the inmate's grotesque letters, and a newspaper columnist and editorial board brought the case to the attention of Florida Gov. Rick Scott. The Republican promptly signed the death warrant, even though more than 40 other men have been on death row longer.
Gore is set to die April 12.
"Those letters are so disturbing and so insightful into who this person is," said Pete Earley, who recently published some of the letters in his book "Serial Killer Whisperer." `'Gore, actually, he talked his way into the death chamber."
Tony Ciaglia wrote to Gore and other serial killers on a whim after suffering a severe head injury as a teenager, in an effort to better understand them.

He began exchanging letters with Gore about five years ago and received about 200 pages in all. Most in the book are too graphic to quote. In one, Gore described step-by-step how he and his cousin abducted two 14-year-old friends and sexually assaulted them.
"I drug both bodies into the woods where I disposed of them. Oh and you can believe, I collected hair. It took a couple days to recover from that. It was a perfect experience," Gore wrote.
In another letter, Gore described his uncontrollable desire to kill.
"It's sort of along the lines as being horny. You start getting horny and it just keeps building until you have to get some relief," Gore wrote. "That is the same with the URGE to kill. It usually starts out slow and builds and you will take whatever chances necessary to satisfy it. And believe me, you constantly think about getting caught, but the rush is worth the risk."
Scripps Treasure Coast Newspapers columnist Russ Lemmon, who has written about the Gore case, published a column for a few Florida newspapers on the day the editorial board had an interview with the governor. They talked about the book.

The board asked Scott if he had considered signing Gore's death warrant. The governor promised to look into it.
Meanwhile, letters poured into Scott's office, many of them mentioning the prison correspondence.
"Pete Earley provides compelling evidence that David Gore relishes every detail of his heinous murders," wrote Ralph Sexton, whose nephew was married to one of the women killed.
About a month after the editorial board meeting, Scott signed Gore's death warrant.
Gore's attorneys are now appealing, arguing in part that the governor's decision to sign the warrant was unfairly influenced by the editorial board.

A spokeswoman for Scott said he had not read the book.

Ciaglia said Gore blamed him after the death warrant was signed. Ciaglia said he is opposed to the death penalty.
"I told him that I did not actively pursue it. That there's a lot of people -- because you did some really, really bad things -- there's a lot of people that hate you and they want to see you executed and they used these letters to get people's attention as to the horrible crimes that you committed," Ciaglia said.

"The only person you can blame is Gore himself," Earley said. "His candor and his lack of compassion, empathy and remorse is stomach--churning."
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/0...ers-may-have-sped-up-execution/#ixzz1rbPuJoMt

David Alan Gore: A killer with no remorse
April 9, 2012
23rq261.jpg

“I seen her running down the road so I started running after her and I was hollering for her to stop, and when she wouldn’t, I shot over her head,â€￾ recalled Gore in a deposition. “I kept running after her and then she tripped and … she was trying, like, resisting, fighting me, so I throwed (sic) her to the ground. That’s when I shot her in the head.â€￾​
After confessing to 6 killings, Gore’s execution is tied to the brutal rape, murder of a Vero Beach girl, 17
VERO BEACH — When a panicked David Alan Gore bolted nude from his parents’ home July 26, 1983, he charged after abducted teenager Lynn Elliott as she stumbled hands tied and naked down a long drive, fleeing a scene of rape and torture.
Her tormentor raised his revolver, shouted for her to stop, then fired a bullet over the 17-year-old’s head.
“I kept running after her then she tripped and fell and then I caught up to her,â€￾ Gore, then 29, recalled later during a sworn statement. “I started dragging her back and she was trying, like, resisting, fighting me, so I throwed (sic) her to the ground. That’s when I shot her in the head.â€￾

Shooting Elliott twice, Gore recounted, was a “reflex, just to shut her up.â€￾

He knew a teenage boy bicycling saw the afternoon shooting. He hid Elliott’s body in the trunk of his vacationing parents’ 1975 white Mercury Monarch and retreated inside the home, where another naked girl, Regan Martin, 14, remained hogtied but alive.

“I went in and turned on the (police) scanner,â€￾ Gore said, “I knew the boy had seen me.â€￾

Gore’s murderous acts earned the confessed serial killer a spot on Florida’s death row in 1984, where he has spent 28 years fighting to overturn his death sentence. He was sentenced to death a second time in 1992 after a federal judge in 1989 granted him a new sentencing proceeding. He also is serving five consecutive life prison terms for the other murders.
At 6 p.m. Thursday at Florida State Prison in Starke, Gore, 58, is scheduled to be executed for Elliott’s first-degree murder under a death warrant Gov. Rick Scott signed Feb. 28.

The pretty, sandy-haired Vero Beach girl who Gore and his accomplice and maternal cousin Fred Waterfield, then 30, picked up in Waterfield’s silver and black four-wheel-drive truck, was the last of several women the two killers targeted for abduction between 1981 and 1983. Dubbed “the Killing Cousins,â€￾ authorities say Gore and Waterfield were responsible for a series of murders in Indian River County and set a gruesome standard for slayings in Vero Beach.
For longtime locals, Gore’s crimes recall a fretful era when a string of killings shattered a community’s notion that then-quaint Vero Beach was immune to such acts of evil. Gore didn’t kill all of his victims, and some evaded abduction. Investigators though, believed his murder spree showed a pattern of escalating brutality.
Gore has not responded to a written request for an interview. Death row rules allow Gore to grant final media interviews before his execution, but prison officials said he has declined.
WITNESS TO MURDER

Police were watching Gore before July 1983. Phil Redstone, a retired Indian River County Sheriff’s Office detective, led the Elliott investigation. He said he knew Gore was on parole for armed trespassing after he was caught in June 1981 with a loaded gun in the back seat of a woman’s car outside a Vero Beach doctor’s clinic. Gore was ordered to prison for five years, but he was released in March 1983, state records show.

Before Elliott’s murder, Redstone said authorities suspected Gore in the disappearance of three women. At a preliminary hearing in his 1981 armed trespass case, Assistant State Attorney James Balsiger told Circuit Judge L.B. Vocell the state had reason to believe Gore was a “strong suspectâ€￾ in the curious case of three women who disappeared in February and July of that year. Balsiger in 1981 said he didn’t have anything to support his suspicions, but in court he insisted “every time someone turns up missing, (Gore) seems to be in the area.â€￾
“It’s not in the best interest of women in this community that he (Gore) be let out on the streets,â€￾ said Balsiger in court at the time.

Gore’s ultimate undoing started with the neighbor boy on his bike, Michael Rock, then 15. The teen, startled by what he saw, returned home to alert his family and law enforcement. Rock witnessed the brutal slaying, he later testified. When police arrived at 3925 Fifth St. S.W., deputies discovered Elliott, apprehended Gore and rescued Martin after a tense, 90-minute standoff.
[..] 2 more pages at link
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/david-alan-gore-a-killer-with-no-remorse-2291217.html

'You constantly think about getting caught, but the rush is worth the risk': Inside the disturbing mind of a serial killer facing executionDavid Alan Gore sentenced to death for murders of six women in the 1980s
Collection of graphic letters detailed murders in calculating detail - despite killings, Gore was polite to pen pals
Execution moved up to April 12 by Florida Gov. Rick Scott because of letters

Serial killer David Alan Gore has bragged about raping and murdering four teenagers and two women.

In chilling correspondence, Gore sent around 200 pages worth of letters to a man named Tony Ciaglia, who wrote Gore and other serial killers after a severe head injury as a teenager in an effort to better understand them.
In one, Gore described step-by-step how he and his cousin abducted two 14-year-old friends and sexually assaulted them.
His killings took place in the Vero Beach area of Florida 30 years ago.
He began exchanging letters with Gore about five years ago, receiving about 200 pages in all.
'I drug both bodies into the woods where I disposed of them.

'Oh and you can believe, I collected hair. It took a couple days to recover from that. It was a perfect experience,' Gore wrote.
'It's sort of along the lines as being horny. You start getting horny and it just keeps building until you have to get some relief,' Gore wrote.
'That is the same with the URGE to kill. It usually starts out slow and builds and you will take whatever chances necessary to satisfy it. And believe me, you constantly think about getting caught, but the rush is worth the risk.'

Several people have made sure the boasting did not go unnoticed.

There was the Las Vegas man who wrote to Gore, an author who published the inmate's grotesque letters, and a newspaper columnist and editorial board who brought the case to the attention of Florida Gov. Rick Scott.
The Republican promptly signed the death warrant even though more than 40 other men have been on death row longer; Gore is set to die April 12.

'Those letters are so disturbing and so insightful into who this person is ...,' said Pete Earley, who recently published some of the letters in his book 'Serial Killer Whisperer.' 'Gore, actually, he talked his way into the death chamber.'
Gore also wrote about picking up Lynn Elliot, 17, and a 14-year-old friend, who were hitchhiking near the beach on July 26, 1983.

Gore and his cousin, Fred Waterfield, took them back to Gore's home, where the girls were bound. Waterfield left, and Gore raped both.
Ms Elliot was able to free her feet and, with hands still tied, ran naked from the house. Gore, also naked, chased her and shot her twice in the head. A boy riding a bicycle saw the murder.
The boy’s mother called 911 and the 14-year-old was rescued.

After being arrested for Ms Elliot's murder, Gore confessed to the other killings. He led authorities to the remains of all but 14-year-old Angelica Lavallee, who hasn't been found.
Waterfield was convicted of manslaughter in Elliot's death and was sentenced to 15 years in prison.

He was later convicted in two of the other murders and is serving back-to-back life sentences.
Scripps Treasure Coast Newspapers columnist Russ Lemmon, who has written about the Gore case for a couple of years, published a column for a few newspapers in south-eastern Florida on the day the editorial board had an interview with the governor.
They talked about the case, the book and read Scott an excerpt from an email from one of Elliott's relatives.
The board asked Scott if he had considered signing Gore's death warrant. The governor promised to look into it.
Meanwhile, letters poured into Scott's office, many of them mentioning the correspondence.
'Pete Earley provides compelling evidence that David Gore relishes every detail of his heinous murders,' wrote Ralph Sexton, whose nephew was married to one of the women killed.
About a month after the editorial board meeting, Scott signed Gore's death warrant. A spokeswoman for Scott said he had not read the book.
Gore's attorneys are now appealing, arguing in part that the governor's decision to sign the warrant was unfairly influenced by the editorial board.
Lisa Burford, who was friends with Ms Elliott, credited friends and relatives of the victims for continuing to press for Gore's execution.
'The timing of the book just happened to work out perfectly. That is the bonus of the book, is that it gave all of us more ammunition and more fire to see this through to the end,' Ms Burford said.
Mr Ciaglia said Gore blamed him after the death warrant was signed.
'He was hearing that I used him,' Mr Ciaglia said. 'He said, `It's water under the bridge, Tony, but I'm just kind of surprised. I didn't think you would do that.'
[...]

'IT WAS A PERFECT EXPERIENCE': CHILLING WORDS OF A CONVICTED RAPIST AND MURDERER

Gore corresponded with Mr Ciaglia and others for some time - most of the letter's contents are too graphic. In one, he tells of how he raped and murdered young girls in the 1980s.'I drug both bodies into the woods where I disposed of them.

'Oh and you can believe, I collected hair. It took a couple days to recover from that. It was a perfect experience,' Gore wrote.
'It's sort of along the lines as being horny. You start getting horny and it just keeps building until you have to get some relief,' Gore wrote.
'That is the same with the URGE to kill. It usually starts out slow and builds and you will take whatever chances necessary to satisfy it. And believe me, you constantly think about getting caught, but the rush is worth the risk.'
In yet another piece of correspondence, he described what it was like to open up his victim's stomach.
'At the drop of a hat, or (sic) slip her stomach open and not think nothing of it. Once I sliced open her stomach, I’d reach in and pull her intestine and all out. Sometimes I’d put all her intestine on a table and dissect each (of) them just to see what it all looked like. I’ve probably seen things even Drs. Haven’t seen :) '
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-convicted-murderer-rapist.html#ixzz1rbTT3IRl

fuxe7k.jpg
Gore has been on death row since 1984; his execution date has been pushed up to April 12 in part because of the graphic boasting in his letters​

eis5e1.jpg
Gruesome: Gore detailed how he gutted one victim and put her intestine on the table, and put a smiley face at the end of the sentence​

wvzyhv.jpg
Life too short: Lynn Elliot was 17 when she was abducted, raped, and murdered by Gore​

adngja.jpg
In a series of letters, Gore detailed the specifics of his horrific crimes​
2mjpm9.jpg

20af5lc.jpg
More victims: Gore was convicted of killing 14-year-old Barbara Ann Byer, left, and Judy Kay Daley, right, who was 35​
165oap.jpg
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...isturbing-mind-convicted-murderer-rapist.html

And his name is Gore. Soon to be was Gore.
You know I'm glad to read the putrid piece of flesh is going down sooner but, eh, think I would have felt actual joy hearing he'd been gutted like he described in his letters on his victims. would have been poetically fitting.

Bless the dear souls of the victims who's lives he stole so horrifically. Bless them.

Last edited:
That's the one reason I don't mind these serial killers getting executed. Even if they are in prison for life,they still to get enjoy the memories of their kills over and over again.
There won't be any more of that for this POS.

It all sounds to me like the dude's really ready to die & he's doing this to get a bit more of notoriety in his life before he dies. You know what I mean, like he just wants to die already so he's doing this to get it over with.

What pisses me off is that he thinks he's smarter than the doctors... "I've probably seen things that the doctors haven't . ;)".

Bitch, please.

Wow... Sounds like an open and shut case here. I see no problem with this guys dieing ASAP

I always thought it was odd that people wanted so desperately to overturn a death sentence. I'd much rather be dead than in jail for 5 life sentences. Shouldn't the prison justice system be tearing him a new one? Too much surveillance on these guys, let them raise a little hell in each other's lives. Goddamn liability.

I feel like Dexter was written after this dude.

Also, if anyone watches Fringe.... the episode with a serial killer in one universe, and the guy who wants to be one but studies them instead in another universe.... The way Ciaglia speaks about why he wants a connection with this man makes me wonder if he has some suppressed urges himself. Total speculation, of course.

Gore. Was he just trying to live up to his name, or did he change his name to Gore to suit his sick personality?

As he enjoys inflicting death so much, they should make him press the plunger himself (or flick the switch, or whatever). See if he gets such a rush when he's inflicting the death on himself. Worthless, cruel, amoral pice of stinking excrement.

Fla serial killer executed for girl's 1983 death
Fla. man executed for the murder of teenage girl nearly 30 years ago that ended killing spree

STARKE, Fla. -
A Florida inmate was put to death Thursday, nearly three decades after the murder of 17-year-old Lynn Elliott, whose failed escape attempt ended a string of rapes and slayings that shook the quiet coastal town of Vero Beach.

David Alan Gore, 58, was pronounced dead at 6:19 p.m. Thursday after receiving an injection at the Florida State Prison, officials said. Authorities said he made a final statement in which he apologized to the family and said he hoped they would find peace, adding he was not the same man he was then.

In all, Gore killed four teenage girls and two women, authorities say. Elliott's murder was the only one for which he was sentenced to death.

Elliott's parents had said as Thursday's execution time approached that this was the day they have been waiting for — a date many thought should have come years ago, considering there was no doubt he committed the crimes and he had shown no remorse for the killings.

"For us it's been a nightmare, because I just turned 81. I was beginning to think that I might die before he went," said Carl Elliott, the girl's father, recently.

Jeanne Elliott almost did die. About two years ago she was in a coma, and doctors told her son to begin making funeral arrangements. She suddenly began recovering, and she said she believes it was because of her wish to see the 58-year-old Gore die first.

Gore met with a spiritual adviser earlier Thursday and was visited by his mother and an ex-wife. He was calm and cooperative, said Department of Corrections spokeswoman Ann Howard.

The U.S. Supreme Court denied a final appeal less than two hours before the scheduled execution. The justices rejected an argument that Gore's death sentence should be lifted because a prior appellate attorney failed to locate a key witness for a claim that his trial lawyers were negligent during the case's penalty phase.

On July 26, 1983, Gore and his cousin Fred Waterfield picked up Lynn Elliott and her 14-year-old friend hitchhiking to Wabasso Beach north of Vero Beach. They took them at gunpoint to Gore's parents' house. Waterfield left and Gore raped the girls, who were bound in separate rooms.

Elliott freed her legs and ran naked from the house, hands still tied behind her back. Gore, also naked, chased her, drug her back toward the house as she kicked and screamed and then shot her twice in the head. Police were called after a boy witnessed the murder. Gore was caught and the other girl rescued.

After his arrest, Gore admitted to killing three other girls and two women and led authorities to the bodies of four of the victims. He was sentenced to life in prison for the other murders.

Gore managed to stretch out his appeals and remain on death row 28 years after he was condemned. Gov. Rick Scott signed his death warrant after the Scripps Treasure Coast Newspapers asked him about the case.

"I've been waiting for this day for years. I would've saved the state a lot of money if they let me. I'd do it myself and have no qualms about it," said Mike Daley, whose wife, Judy Kay Daley was killed by Gore in July 1981.

Daley was Gore's third victim. He disabled her car while she was alone on a secluded beach, then waited for her to try to start it. When she couldn't, he offered her a ride, raped her, killed her, then chopped up her body. More than two years later, he led authorities to where he buried her skull, hands and feet. He said he threw the rest of her body in a canal.

Five months earlier, Gore kidnapped, raped and murdered Ying Hua Ling, 17, and her mother, Hsiang Huang Ling, 48. Their bodies were stuffed in steel drums and buried in the orange grove where he worked.

Gore was arrested in July 1981 after being found in the back seat of a woman's car. He was shirtless and had a cocktail in one hand and a gun in the other. He also had handcuffs, rope and a police scanner. Gore was sentenced to five years in prison, though he was paroled and served only about a year-and-a-half. He soon began killing again.

In May 1983, Gore and Waterfield picked up two 14-year-old hitchhikers, Barbara Ann Byer and Angelica LaVallee. The girls were raped, killed and dismembered. While Gore says Waterfield was his partner throughout the killing spree, this was the only case that earned Waterfield a murder conviction
[...]
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Fl...eath/-/1637132/10673476/-/9su794/-/index.html

MEET YOU NEW ROOMMATE
BURN IN HELL ASSHOLE

2937fdg.jpg

Back