• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A 20-year-old woman was sentenced Wednesday to five years in prison for causing the death of her 3-month-old son by sleeping on him.

Addeline Brindle had abused cocaine before she caused the death of Trevelle Bluester.

In November, Brindle pleaded guilty as charged to involuntary manslaughter, reckless homicide, endangering children and possession of cocaine.

Her infant son died March 29 of asphyxia according to the autopsy performed in Montgomery County. The death was ruled accidental.

In the November hearing, Common Pleas Judge Brent Robinson recounted the details of the case. The judge said Brindle stayed up all night doing cocaine.

When she did fall asleep, she slept for about 12 hours. She awoke to find the baby unresponsive.

Brindle was in tears as she addressed the court.

"This is the hardest thing I ever went through," she said. "Not a day goes by that I don't think about what happened.

"I relive it every day. I'm truly sorry."

Defense attorney John Boyd described his client as "extremely remorseful."

"While this is a serious offense, she's having to endure the most serious effect, the loss of her child," he said.

Boyd said Brindle placed her child with her, thinking he would be more comfortable than in a car seat.

"She made an ill-informed decision. She tried to do what she thought was right but failed," the defense attorney said.

Boyd asked Robinson for leniency.

Pigg asked for a "significant" prison term, noting Trevelle Bluester lived only 92 days.

Back