• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
The last words of a daughter who was 'drowned by her mother after she became paranoid that her husband was having an affair' have been revealed.

Bethan Colebourn told her mother Claire Colebourn: 'I don't want a bath mummy' before being 'drowned', a court heard today.

Colebourn today sobbed in the dock at Winchester Crown Court as the prosecutor told how she wrongly thought her husband was having an affair with a work colleague.

The 36-year-old searched suicide methods shortly before allegedly drowning little Bethan in the early hours of the morning.

Prosecutor Kerry Maylin told jurors the three-year-old's harrowing final words were revealed by Claire Colebourn as she was interviewed by police.

Winchester Crown Court, also heard Colebourn told police her daughter 'sadly had complete trust' in her and did not fight back.

It was heard she told police she held her daughter's head face down under the water with her left hand while Bethan's body 'jumped'.

Crying could be heard from the public gallery, where family members were sat, as the heartbreaking details of Colebourn's final police interview, which took place on April 18 last year, were revealed.

Mr Colebourn said that after their separation, his wife put a post on Facebook and sent an email to his work accusing him of having an affair with a colleague.

He said she admitted the claim was not true and agreed to take the post down.

Ms Maylin told the court: 'Claire Colebourn said 'I did it because I did not want her to go anywhere near her father'.

A former teacher who drowned her three-year-old daughter in a bath when her marriage broke down has been jailed for life.

Claire Colebourn, 36, told officers her child had protested in confusion saying 'I don't want a bath mummy, I don't want a bath,' a court heard.

But the mother confessed to police: "I drowned my own daughter. I drowned my own daughter."

She was found guilty of murder on Friday after a jury returned a unanimous verdict in less than three hours at Winchester Crown Court.

The court heard Colebourn hit "rock bottom" after her high-flying husband Michael ended their 16-year-relationship.

The jury heard that Colebourn had said 'before I pushed her, I told her I loved her. It's going to haunt me for the rest of my life.'

Today Colebourn has been sentenced to a minimum of 18 years.

Bethan's dad has released an emotional statement saying 'the one thing in my life that gave me purpose has gone' at the 'hands of the one other person who should have kept her safe'.

Back