• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A 20-year-old Olivet woman will spend at least a dozen years in prison for child abuse.

Eaton County Circuit Court Judge John Maurer sentenced Taylor Prahl-Six to 12 to 40 years in prison.

Concerned family members brought Prahl-Six's son to Sparrow Hospital last summer. He was having seizures. Medical tests showed multiple brain bleeds and other serious, life-threatening injuries.

Her son, now nearly a year old, is in the care of Prahl-Six's father, who said he's a healthy and happy little boy.

"What you did to (your son) was not an unfortunate accident, and you know it," Maurer told Prahl-Six, who cried on and off throughout her sentencing hearing.

Prahl-Six told Maurer she is sorry and "very blessed that my son is doing great." "I wish I had a second chance to be a mother to my son," she said.
Tests showed the child, who was two months old at the time, had multiple brain bleeds as well as a possible skull fracture. An MRI showed blood in his spinal cord, which is suggestive of shaken baby syndrome.

Prahl-Six told police she threw her infant son "forcefully" into a playpen on several occasions. And she said during a polygraph that she had also shaken him several times.

Assistant Prosecuting Attorney Adrianne Van Langevelde said Prahl-Six lied during more than one hospital visit about the extent of her son's injuries.

She added phone records show Prahl-Six googled "Shaken Baby Syndrome" and texted and called family and friends to talk about how she couldn't handle the crying anymore.

Eric Tomal, Prahl-Six's attorney- "she did a terrible thing," "Taylor understands that."

Prahl-Six has some degree of mental health issues — she's on multiple medications, including at least one anti-depressant — and was raising her son essentially by herself, Tomal said. He painted a picture of a young, overwhelmed mother who now regrets her actions.

Daniel Six, Prahl-Six's father and her son's current guardian, said his daughter's actions caught everyone off guard. He said she was stuck in a hostile environment and also asked Maurer for leniency.

. texted and called family and friends to talk about how she couldn't handle the crying anymore.
I don't think the baby should be with grandpa. He didn't step up when she cried out for help. I'm not excusing what she did. But I'm giving her family slice eyes.
If anyone I knew with a brand new baby, (especially a single parent) called me with distress I would say put the baby in the crib and get in the shower. I'll be right there.

Prahl-Six?
Is she from Kamino and the clone vats or something?
Would Prahl-Seven be better with kids or should we just wait for Prahl-Eight?
I hear it is supposed to be less abusive to kids and comes pre-spayed.
First off I would opt out of the optional giraffe neck.

I have 2 sets of twins-now ages 10 and 7 & I am a single mom..they are 2 years 9 months apart & when I brought my youngest set home I had 4 children ages 2 and under & guess what?! They ALL cried at certain points & I’ve never even thought about hurting any of them! She had one baby,one job which was not to hurt the baby,& her dad should not have that child right now either..if he wasn’t willing to step up before she hurt him,then he should have called someone who would help. I was told many times by my own mother that she raised her kids & she wouldn’t even watch my kids so I could go to a work meeting,so I told her she doesn’t ever need to see them at all then & I’ve done it myself the whole time..

"Judge John Maurer sentenced Taylor Prahl-Six to 12 to 40 years in prison."
I had to read that about 6 times before it made sense. :rolleyes:

I'd say her medication needs changed, too. I'm on several - "including an antidepressant" - and I've never intentionally hurt my son (though, sometimes you just want to smack the boy!).

I don't think the baby should be with grandpa. He didn't step up when she cried out for help. I'm not excusing what she did. But I'm giving her family slice eyes.
If anyone I knew with a brand new baby, (especially a single parent) called me with distress I would say put the baby in the crib and get in the shower. I'll be right there.
I wish you were in NYC. I'd call you in a heartbeat. And I'd be able to find a club to dance at.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back