• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A seminary student who left her daughter to die in a trash can at a Texas dormitory will spend five years in prison for her child’s “horrific and inhumane” death, prosecutors said.

Natalie Annell Weaver, 21, of Springfield, Missouri, pleaded guilty to manslaughter and abuse of corpse charges in the April 2018 birth of her daughter on the campus of the Southwestern Assemblies of God University in Waxahachie, where police responded for a welfare check after a student reportedly went into labor.

Cops found dried and wet blood in several places inside the dormitory before finding the body of a female newborn inside a plastic bag in a trash can, Waxahachie police said.

Weaver initially denied giving birth, but investigators said evidence at the scene showed that she had just delivered the girl in a dormitory bathroom.

Weaver did not seek any medical assistance for the newborn, who was born with her umbilical cord wrapped around her neck, police said.

“This was a horrific and inhumane crime,” Ellis County District Attorney Patrick Wilson said in a statement. “It’s both shocking and mind-boggling. And it didn’t have to happen.”

In exchange for her plea, Weaver, who was indicted in October, was sentenced to five years in state prison on the manslaughter count and 400 days for abusing a corpse. The sentences will run concurrently.

Instead of leaving her child to die, Weaver could have dropped her newborn off at a designated safe haven, such as a hospital or fire station, including some options “just minutes away,” Wilson said.

“She could have avoided prosecution and, more importantly, her baby girl would probably still be alive,” Wilson’s statement continued. “The gift of life is too important to throw away.”

She did absolutely nothing but put the child in a bag and thru it away.. negligence a sinister way?!
I'm going to go back and reread this one, I think I'm getting my baby killers mixed up. :facepalm:
OK, it sounds to me as if she could have believed the baby was already gone when she put her in the bag. Maybe that's why she only got five years? I'm not giving her a pass, just thinking out loud...

Last edited:
I'm going to go back and reread this one, I think I'm getting my baby killers mixed up. :facepalm:
OK, it sounds to me as if she could have believed the baby was already gone when she put her in the bag. Maybe that's why she only got five years? I'm not giving her a pass, just thinking out loud...
She could have gone to an emergency room for the birth and abandoned it there. So not buying any excuses. She chose the most dire solution, so she can enjoy some prison.

Back