• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
NORFOLK, Va. -- A Virginia mother is accused of lying to hospital workers about giving birth to a baby at a McDonald's and claiming she "found" the newborn inside the restaurant.

Nicole Jones, 23, told medical staff at a hospital she found the baby while eating at McDonald's, according to court records.

Hospital officials told police the baby had depressed body temperature, was in critical respiratory arrest and his umbilical cord had been cut but not clamped which resulted in significant blood loss.

Jones said she called 911 after she "found" the baby but was told it would be "a while" before an officer could respond so she took the baby to a local hospital.

Police went to Jones’ home and found blood, a medical kit and a one-year-old boy who was crying. During an interview with police, Jones admitted to giving birth to the baby.

Court records indicate Jones used her phone to search "safe home births" and "water births." She also searched for safe haven options in Virginia.
http://cw39.com/2018/02/06/mother-a...onalds-telling-police-she-found-newborn-baby/

It seems like this mother was trying to do right by the baby.
nicole-jones.png

New
If she was going to give it up,
Why not go to the hospital for the birth. Get some kick ass drugs, a script to go, kiss the baby on the forehead, say good luck and leave.

yeah, telling the truth gets you much further than lying. But I feel more pity for her since she didn't really hurt the baby. Tho not clamping the cord could have kiled him.

If she researched safe haven I wonder why she didn't go to one? Though I suppose what she did wasn't too bad compared to what we've seen before. Maybe too scared to admit the baby was hers for fear of parental recriminations. I have friends who run an organization for teen moms who didn't want to give up their babies but whose parents turned on them when they found out they were pregnant and wouldn't have an abortion. It's scary how many parents react with fury and rejection. I hope my kid isn't daft enough to get knocked up in her teens but if god forbid she does I'll stand by her.

Did everyone miss the fact that she left a one year old at home who was found when the police checked her house? Fry this bitch :mad:

Quote: Police went to Jones’ home and found blood, a medical kit and a one-year-old boy who was crying. During an interview with police, Jones admitted to giving birth to the baby. End Quote.

It doesn’t say the baby was home alone. It simply says he was crying. Maybe she was there when police went to her home?

yeah, telling the truth gets you much further than lying. But I feel more pity for her since she didn't really hurt the baby. Tho not clamping the cord could have kiled him.
She may not known she needed to do that.

I agree she may not have known to do it, but supposedly she googled home births and I'm sure that it was at least mentioned that you need to clamp off the cord to stop the bleeding.

@Satanica

May 22, 2018
23-year-old Nicole Jones pleaded guilty to child neglect.

Police report Jones brought a newborn baby boy to DePaul Bon Secour Medical Center on New Year’s night, saying she found the infant at a McDonald’s.

The baby was in critical condition; he had a low respiratory rate and had lost a lot of blood because the umbilical cord had been cut not clamped.

Court documents state Jones later admitted to giving birth herself. In court, she told a judge she did not know she was pregnant, so when she gave birth she ‘freaked out’ and drove the baby to the hospital.

In that process, she left her 1-year-old son unattended in the home for about an hour, for which she was also charged.

The infant boy survived and he and his brother are doing fine, living with family friends. The children have the same father, who is involved in their lives as well.

Jones was sentenced to five years for the child neglect, all but seven months were suspended. She was also sentenced to 12 months for the misdemeanor contributing to the delinquency of a minor, all suspended.

According to the judge’s sentence, Jones can have no contact with her children and no unsupervised visits without approval from Child Protective Services. She also has to take a parenting class once she is done with her jail time.

. According to the judge’s sentence, Jones can have no contact with her children and no unsupervised visits without approval from Child Protective Services
:wacky:
What exactly does that even mean?

. Court records indicate Jones used her phone to search "safe home births" and "water births." She also searched for safe haven options in Virginia.

. In court, she told a judge she did not know she was pregnant, so when she gave birth she ‘freaked out’ and drove the baby to the hospital.
So she's still lying.

Back