• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A driver who struck and critically injured her 9-year-old son in a school parking lot accelerated moments after telling him to go back inside school and knowing that he was walking alongside the vehicle, court records show.

The boy was hanging from the passenger side front door handle when he lost his grip and was run over by a rear tire.

New details about the moments leading up to the critical injuries -- and subsequent felony charges against the woman -- are contained in a Kent County Circuit Court petition alleging abuse and neglect.

Tiffany Kosakowski, 36, is charged with second-degree child abuse and reckless driving causing serious impairment of a body function for the Dec. 11 crash at Chandler Woods Charter Academy on Samrick Avenue NE in Belmont.

The boy had multiple fractures to his skull, bleeding on the brain, brain swelling and other injuries and was last known to be in critical condition at Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital.
According to a Dec. 19 petition filed by Child Protective Services workers, Kosakowski told investigators that her son followed her out of the school and to her vehicle about 8:25 a.m.

She entered the vehicle and backed up, then stopped the vehicle and told her son to go back to school.

“Ms. Kosakowski admitted (her son) did not go back in school but continued to walk alongside the vehicle,” CPS workers wrote.

“Ms. Kosakowski admitted to to moving the steering wheel from left to right, then accelerating the vehicle knowing (her son) continued to be next to the vehicle,” CPS investigators wrote.
https://www.mlive.com/news/grand-ra...oments-before-moms-vehicle-runs-over-son.html

Dad only pays child support no contact with the child

I am going to be a little social worker on this one and say maybe mom is overwhelmed and the son was not willing to go to into the school.

Running him over is extreme so I am not excusing that.

Overwhelmed or not, she's an adult woman. Pushing forty. He's a nine year old kid. She's completely at fault here and deserves prison.

Tiffany Kosakowski pleaded guilty to a felony count of reckless driving and had a charge of second-degree child abuse dropped.

The incident happened Dec. 11 Authorities said surveillance video showed Kosakowski’s son hanging from a passenger side door handle as she drove away. He lost his grip and was run over by a rear wheel of the vehicle, causing him to sustain serious injuries.

Kent County prosecutors say they aren’t recommending a sentence for Kosakoski, meaning it will be at the discretion of the court.

@Satanica @Fives My Charm @Keepalowprofile
A woman who pleaded guilty to reckless driving for running over her 9-year-old son while dropping him off at school in Michigan has been ordered to serve 30 days in jail.

Thirty-six-year-old Tiffany Kosakowski said during her Thursday sentencing hearing that she must "live with this for the rest of my life."

Kent County Circuit Court Judge Curt Benson sentenced her to 6 months in jail, with all but 30 days suspended. He called her actions "simply inexcusable."

Kosakowski's son hung from the passenger-side front door for nearly 50 yards (48 meters) in December at Chandler Woods Charter Academy's parking lot in Belmont before he lost his grip and was run over.

The boy survived but suffered traumatic injury to his brain.

Traumatic injuries to his brain. I'd assume that means he will be feeling the effects in some of the worst ways for the rest of his life, mentally/neurologically impaired? I thought it sounded like the injury occurred mostly to his leg/legs, also bad of course.

Then after reading the updates, it seemed like he had been dragged by the car a long way before actually running him over? I thought on first glance she just had a fit of temper, and bumped/ran him over. But she is even more of a bitch than that I guess.

Also, why did she get him out of school after he was already inside, walk him into the car, & tell him to go back in again at 8:30ish am? Isn't that kinda weird?

Last edited:
W
Traumatic injuries to his brain. I'd assume that means he will be feeling the effects in some of the worst ways for the rest of his life, mentally/neurologically impaired? I thought it sounded like the injury occurred mostly to his leg/legs, also bad of course.

Then after reading the updates, it seemed like he had been dragged by the car a long way before actually running him over? I thought on first glance she just had a fit of temper, and bumped/ran him over. But she is even more of a birch than that I guess.

Also, why did she get him out of school after he was already inside, walk him into the car, & tell him to go back in again at 8:30ish am? Isn't that kinda weird?
bitch auto correct to birch lol

W
bitch auto correct to birch lol
Grrrr! I swear my autocorrect hates me. If it were a professional email, it'd correct everything to be the vilest curses possible.

Thanks for pointing it out! :happy: since I happen to like birches, I want to fix it right. :D

Back