• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Joseph Lee Bunnell received a life sentence plus an additional 20 years in prison Thursday in the death of a 2-month-old girl, with a judge calling his actions “horrific” and among “the worst crimes you can commit.”

Joseph Lee Bunnell, 22, pleaded guilty in February to child abuse murder and child neglect for causing the March 14, 2016, death of Khloe Hamilton.

Prosecutors said Khloe suffered 50 distinct injuries to the outside of her body while in Bunnell’s care. He was also charged with failing to obtain medical care once Khloe went limp and had difficulty breathing, as Khloe’s mother, Donnisha Hamilton, said she was the person who called 911.

Hamilton said she left Khloe with Bunnell while she went to work, and that she called for help after receiving a call from Bunnell about Khloe going limp.

At the end of Bunnell’s sentencing hearing District Judge Doug Drummond ruled that Bunnell will spend life in prison with the possibility of parole on the murder count. However, the 20-year term Drummond imposed for the child neglect charge will run consecutive to the murder sentence.

During the hearing, Assistant District Attorney Sarah McAmis introduced more than 50 photos that showed the extent of the injuries to Khloe’s body. Drummond said the images were “horrific” and expressed frustration over the fact that violent crimes against children will continue regardless of Bunnell’s prison term.

“These pictures speak more than anybody can describe,” he said. In response to Bunnell’s claim he had been intoxicated at the time, Drummond said, “Whether Mr. Bunnell was sober or under the influence, it makes no difference. A crime is a crime, and it is horrific.”

Before being sentenced, Bunnell read the court a written statement in which he said he accepts responsibility for what occurred. He looked at Khloe’s family and at his own as he apologized to each of them in turn.

“I was and still am ashamed by my actions that night,” he said, adding later that “I have caused tremendous and irreversible damage.” He also apologized to Khloe’s sister for accusing her of involvement in the death.

Despite this, McAmis argued for the maximum sentence, saying it was “almost unimaginable” not only for Bunnell to kill a 2-month-old, but to attempt to blame the crime on one of Khloe’s siblings. She also presented testimony from three people who said Bunnell did not appear to be intoxicated when they interacted with him in the hours after Khloe was found dead.

Last edited:
. At the end of Bunnell’s sentencing hearing District Judge Doug Drummond ruled that Bunnell will spend life in prison with the possibility of parole on the murder count. However, the 20-year term Drummond imposed for the child neglect charge will run consecutive to the murder sentence.
So he'll be eligible for parole in 40 years.

Hot damn I love this judge.

*Snickers. He'll be 62 for is first chance at parole.

I would have to kill myself. There's no way I could live with doing something that horrific. He has at least publicly admitted his asinine lies and excuses.

Last edited:
Back