• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A man beat a two-year-old boy so severely he's now in a vegetative state unable to feel anything other than pain.

Adam Thomas, 28, was given two back-to-back life sentences in February, for abusing Thomas Sullivan and his sister Amery, 3, last summer.

He had been dating the childrens' mother, Denis Rae Watson, 26, when the horrifying abuse began at her Texas home.

Little Thomas Sullivan was rushed to the intensive care unit of the Texas Children’s Hospital in Houston last September, suffering a severe head trauma, a lacerated liver, multiple fractures and burns.

He is now in a vegetative state and will suffer permanent mental and physical disabilities as a result of the abuse, doctors say.

'He's only responsive to pain,' the toddler's aunt, Sarah Sullivan, told the Courier.

'[Thomas] breathes on his own, and then he stops. He’s not doing well. He’s going to live, but they said we need to prepare for him to be in this state for the rest of his life.'

The tot's sister, Amery, also suffered horrific injuries to her stomach, and a series of fractures to her pelvis and ribs.

Sullivan revealed that Amery had to undergo kidney surgery to repair her organs after Thomas repeatedly kicked her in the stomach, the Metro reported.

According to investigators, Adam Thomas tried to claim the children had suffered the extensive injuries through 'a series of accidents, such as falling down the stairs, falling off a toy wagon or playing too hard on a slip-and-slide at a birthday party.'

Police believe the abuse occurred over several weeks.

And after his arrest last Autumn, police later discovered that Thomas had previously abused and burned two other young children, who were a similar age to Amery and Thomas Sullivan.

He conspired with Watson to lie to police and attempt to cover-up the abuse he had subjected her children to, even writing a script for her to memorize offering alternative explanations for their injuries.

Watson pleaded guilty for failing to seek care for her two children, and was handed a 20 year sentence on March 7.

he children's grandfather, Gerald Sullivan, said he is fighting to adopt the children

I hate the mother.
It calms me to know that she got 20 years.
He conspired with Watson to lie to police and attempt to cover-up the abuse he had subjected her children to, even writing a script for her to memorize offering alternative explanations for their injuries.

Watson pleaded guilty for failing to seek care for her two children, and was handed a 20 year sentence on March 7.

The destruction of that beautiful little boy is beyond words.

I am sorry twenty years is not enough for what this mother allowed to be done to her children.

The paternal grandfather is fighting to adopt the children and ny only concerns would be where is the father, his son, and why cannot he not care for his children.

Is the grandfather capable of caring for the medically fragile boy and the sister who has suffered extreme abuse.

I can only hope that what ever child services that has jurisdiction over those children do their jobs and make sure these children are never abused again.

Back