• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A Bismarck woman will spend at least three years in prison for felony child abuse after a 10-year-old went to school with a black eye.

South Central District Judge Bruce Haskell sentenced Chanita Parrish, 28, to five years with all but three suspended. She also will be on supervised probation for two years following release and receive a host of treatments for anger management, chemical dependency, parenting, domestic violence and possibly mental health.

Parrish was charged with the crime after the child told police that Parrish, who was allegedly drunk, had slammed his face into a bathroom counter.

Parrish's attorney, Donald Sauviac, told the judge his client suffered from mental health issues and made the argument she should be put on probation while she went through treatment.

"I don't see prison as a fix ... Putting her in a jail cell and slamming the door is not the solution," he said.

Given the opportunity, Parrish promised the judge she would work with Burleigh County Social Services and wouldn't re-offend.

"I love and miss my kids," she said, sobbing.

But Haskell said Parrish had already been given multiple opportunities to cooperate with social services and his concern was with protecting the children involved. He said the prison sentence would accomplish that while also giving her access to treatment.
https://bismarcktribune.com/news/lo...cle_d11bd2bc-a128-5a29-b02d-6aa04f87ea92.html

She already had the chance to do it the easy way and blew it. Fuck her and her tears.

"I don't see prison as a fix ... Putting her in a jail cell and slamming the door is not the solution," he said.

The next time she beats her kids and shows back up in the news someone in the world will remind you of this statement.

When people forget that prison and incarceration is about isolating offenders and protecting the General Public one has to shake their head. Being locked up is not about being rehabilitated it is not about being turned into a stellar citizen it is about punishment resulting from the commission of a crime. Now that is not to say while behind bars, offenders could and should work hard to become better people with the intent of reentering society should their sentences permit that one day. But in this case it's about keeping this twat from punching out a kid again.

Perspective matters!

The next time she beats her kids and shows back up in the news someone in the world will remind you of this statement.
Upon her release, he should hire her to babysit.

Latest posts

Back