• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
The parents of a 6-week-old infant who died at their Colorado home in February have been charged with first-degree murder and child abuse resulting in death.

Colorado Springs police say they arrested 21-year-old John Ostranger and 23-year-old Donica Mirabal on Monday. The El Paso County Coroner’s Office says that Zayden Ostranger died as a result of prolonged, intentional neglect and lack of care.

On Feb. 28, police and firefighters were dispatched to an apartment to investigate a report of an unresponsive child. Firefighters found the infant dead in his bassinet.

A Colorado Springs Fire Department paramedic described the baby as looking like "something out of an Auschwitz movie," saying he was basically "skin and bones," according to KRDO.

According to police, Mirabal told them that she smoked marijuana during her pregnancy and that Zayden was born premature at 36 weeks and six days.

Mirabal told authorities that, after leaving the hospital, the child seemed to get "sicker and sicker." She also reportedly said she never bonded with her baby and had no attachment to him.

She told officers that though the baby was obviously sick, she never took him to the hospital because she didn't have a car.

When police asked Ostranger if he had ever cared fed or changed the child, he told them that his job was to be the "bread winner" and that it was Mirabal's job to raise the children.

http://www.wmur.com/article/mom-acc...edly-said-she-never-bonded-with-baby/12156799

I am not bonded with either of them can I bash in their reproductive organs with a baseball bat.

I am so sick of hearing some bitch didn't bond with the baby. The world is full of babies I have no bond with, but I would starve myself to feed any of them & wouldn't dream of harming a hair on their precious little heads!

The parents of a 6-week-old infant who died at their Colorado home in February have been charged with first-degree murder and child abuse resulting in death.

john%20ostranger%20donica%20mirabal_1504061551265_65229754_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

http://people.com/crime/colorado-couple-allegedly-killed-6-week-old/

This is a case of two cruel and black hearted individuals who don't give a fuck for anything, much less a newborn they just couldn't be bothered with.

Throw the key away for these two.

Last edited:
Premeditated murder ... so she thought about caring for the kid then didn't ... willfully neglected him ... bitch.

it was Mirabal's job to raise the children.
OH no! Does that mean they've already bred ?!
Geez, they could have put the baby up for adoption. It was like those people who, instead of dumping an unwanted dog at the pound, just tie it in the back yard to starve.

A Colorado Springs man has been sentenced to 32 years in prison in the death of his 6-week-old son last year.

It was the maximum sentence available under a plea agreement reached with prosecutors.

Authorities say Zayden Lee Ostrander died in February 2017. The coroner found that the baby had no fat in his body and his skin hung loose on his body.

The boy’s mother, Donica Mirabal, is charged with murder. Her case is still pending.

Prior to his guilty plea in May, Ostrander agreed to give up parental rights of his remaining son and daughter. Both children are now living with their grandparents.
https://kdvr.com/2018/07/16/colorado-springs-man-gets-32-years-for-babys-death/

Zayden is my son. He was only 1 month and 2 weeks old when he passed away. It was the sadest thing i have ever gone through. I cry myself to sleep everynight wishinh my son was still here. I would do anything To have him back. He didn't even get to live his life. He has a brother named Zane he is a year old and he loves his baby brother when he first came home he just didn't want to leave his baby brother alone he was so happy to have a brother he didn't even get the chance to grow up with him and I feel so bad why Did he have to go so soon? I still hear his cry and it breaks my heart I can't do anything I'm helpless I miss my son people say he's up in heaven watching over us but I don't want him in heaven I want him here in my arms! I Love you zayden you will always be in my heart baby boy!

Donica Mirabal
March 08, 2017 |Mother
https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/zayden-ostrander-obituary?pid=184377936&view=guestbook
7c008122-f025-4d90-af3b-1f3307ddb70b.jpg

I fucking hate lazy mothers ... I hope her sentence is just as long as his is.

Poor little starved and neglected babies all over the place ...

@Satanica @cubby @Prettypink513

Sep 19, 2018

A Colorado Springs woman has pleaded guilty to felony child abuse after her infant son died due to prolonged neglect.

According to the 4th Judicial District Attorney's Office, Donica Sheelah Mirabal entered a guilty plea for the third-degree felony Wednesday. She faces between eight and 32 years in prison when she's sentenced, which will be on Nov. 30.

Six-week-old Zayden Ostrander died from neglect after not being fed for a long period of time. He was found dead on an apartment floor in Feb. 2017. One Colorado Springs Fire Department paramedic said Zayden looked like "something out of an Auschwitz movie" and that he was basically "skin and bones."

Mirabal was originally charged with murder.
https://www.krdo.com/news/colorado-...guilty-after-baby-dies-from-neglect/797340495

@Satanica @cubby @Prettypink513 @Muriel Schwenck
Dec 11, 2018

Donica Sheelah Mirbal, the mother accused of killing her son in 2017 due to starvation has been sentenced to 30 years in prison.
Sentencing concluded Tuesday with Judge Marla Prudek calling Zayden Ostrander's death a "prolonged, horrible death to suffer."

Six-week-old Zayden Ostrander died from neglect after not being fed for a long period of time.

The boy's father, John Ostrander, was sentenced to 32 years in prison after pleading guilty to the crime earlier this year.

Officers asked Ostrander if he ever fed Zayden or changed his diaper. His response was that he was the "breadwinner" and that Mirabal's job was to raise the children.

They also asked if he had ever taken Zayden to the hospital after he was born, and Ostrander responded with "of course not."
https://www.krdo.com/news/colorado-...HMaKWlJIqJxjfj4glFgSiJ8GpFmo_fb76IR0zWaX4d4gc

Zayden is my son. He was only 1 month and 2 weeks old when he passed away. It was the sadest thing i have ever gone through. I cry myself to sleep everynight wishinh my son was still here. I would do anything To have him back. He didn't even get to live his life. He has a brother named Zane he is a year old and he loves his baby brother when he first came home he just didn't want to leave his baby brother alone he was so happy to have a brother he didn't even get the chance to grow up with him and I feel so bad why Did he have to go so soon? I still hear his cry and it breaks my heart I can't do anything I'm helpless I miss my son people say he's up in heaven watching over us but I don't want him in heaven I want him here in my arms! I Love you zayden you will always be in my heart baby boy!

Donica Mirabal
March 08, 2017 |Mother
Are you fucking serious?

So she got 2 years less. Why?
Post automatically merged:

Last edited:
Back