• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
The Youngstown man convicted of using two of his young family members in a human trafficking scheme was sentenced Friday morning.

David Kalna was sentenced to 30 years in prison, the maximum for his crime.

Mahoning County Judge Scott Krichbaum wasn't mincing words when Kalna, who kept insisting he was innocent, stood before him for sentencing.

"I can't imagine anything more egregious, more disgusting, more revolting," Krichbaum said.

Kalna was charged with selling two young relatives for sex to get money to buy drugs.

Both of his victims testified against him. One of the victims was 12 years old when investigators say the crimes began.

On Wednesday, a jury found him guilty on two counts of trafficking and one count of compelling prostitution.

"I know I'm not guilty," Kalna said in court. "I know that deep down in my heart, I know that."

But during the trial, prosecutors played recorded jailhouse phone calls between Kalna and one of the victims and her siblings, telling them what to say when called to testify.

"I've never seen anything like you before," Krichbaum said.

Prosecutors said the girl was not only raped by the man she was sold to, but she was then criticized by her own family when she came forward.

"She was ashamed. She was dividing the family with her disclosure, ultimately, and she had to deal with the feelings and being ostracized by the rest of the family," Atty. Jennifer McLaughlin said.
https://www.wkbn.com/news/local-new...-young-relatives-gets-max-sentence/1583096346
1541846462114.png

Wish the rest of the family could be named.

Any other prosecutions relating from this, they find any of the folks who paid to rape her?

Well just in case she ever stumbles on this site and reads these comments...honey, just know it's not your fault. None of it ever was. You got dealt a really bad hand, and it sucks. But by going ahead and reporting what he did to you, you are a TRUE HERO! You hold your head up high. No matter what anybody in your "family" thinks, you are better than all of them COMBINED.

His FB feed is basically family photos (2 beautiful daughters) and a bunch of posts about drugs/drug use.

What a piece of shit. At least he knows "deep down in his heart" that he's not guilty. Also retarded, in every collect call from jail/prison they tell you they are recording it!

I still don't know how the family is more upset with his daughters alerting the authorities than they are with him for pimping them out???

Back