• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
1 day ago

The sentencing of Baby X’s mother, now 35-years-old, who was found guilty of 17 charges including child abuse, sexual abuse, failing to provide medical assistance and murder, yesterday afternoon, is expected to be handed down at the Durban High Court, today.

The Havenside mother was accused of starving, torturing and murdering her three-year-old daughter, together with her own mother, who was the co-accused in the matter.

Baby X was declared dead by paramedics at her home in Imperial Drive in Havenside, on the morning of November 20, 2014.

The trial revealed that Baby X and her two other siblings were also victims of abuse at the hands of their mother and grandmother, however, when interviewed during the trial, it emerged that Baby X suffered the most abuse and was starved because ‘she was white’.

While handing down judgment, Judge Moodley said the defense argued that the accused showed childlike tendencies due to severe hypoxic brain injury following an accident, but said her childlike tendencies should be labeled devious tendencies as she easily covered up, shifted blame of her actions onto others, evaded the truth and imputed liability to everyone but herself.

Baby X’s brother, who is 12-years-old, and her nine-year-old sister, are at a safe home and were victims of a vicious cycle of abuse and torture.

The court heard during the judgment that Baby X was found dead by paramedics in a sleeping position in her lower bunk bed.

The first police officer on the scene, from Bayview SAPS, found Baby X with visible injuries. She was wiped clean and her clothing was changed.

Impressions of a rope were found indented in her wrists and matched the string, which the police officer found hidden under the upper mattress of the bunk she was sleeping on.

In a descriptive testimony during the trial, the slain toddler’s 12-year-old brother provided the court with details leading up to his baby sister’s death.

She cried loudly and was bleeding from the nose and her mouth was cut open. She was also repeatedly assaulted with open hands and a high-heeled shoe on her mouth, hands, legs and body.

According to a medical practitioner’s testimony and post-mortem results, Baby X died from blunt head trauma following fatal child abuse. She had also lost two teeth before her death due to direct blow/s to the face and mouth area.

A countless number of injuries were noted including repeated injuries which could not have been accidental. There was also wasting away of the fat, muscles and internal organs and her head was in disproportion to her body which was as a result of her being starved and malnourished.

The court also heard that both the accused would put chillie powder in Baby X’s diaper and insert chillies and cigarettes into her vagina, which coincided with the medical reports that there was trauma to the vaginal area and dilation of the vagina due to repetitive entry of a foreign object accompanied by a finger/s.

Continue at Link
https://risingsunchatsworth.co.za/121163/graphic-details-baby-xs-mother-due-sentenced-today/

Last edited:
October 13, 2015

According to the indictment, three-year-old baby Jamie Faith Naidoo and her two siblings, (her 11-year-old brother and eight-year-old sister), faced torture and abuse for several years and the youngest of the children, a two-year-old girl, was spared.

The indictment included shocking revelations of the last two days of torture which baby Jamie faced before she could die.

“On Monday, November 17, 2014, Ishwarlal was at the children’s residence. During the morning, she slapped Jamie and pushed her onto the floor. The younger sibling was instructed by Ishwarlal to assault Jamie with a ruler, which she did. Later that day, Basanich throttled Jamie and repeatedly lifted her off the floor and threw her back down again. In order to punish Jamie, Basanich did not give her any food to eat and tied her to the bed ‘as usual’,” the indictment read.

It is believed that on Tuesday, November 18, 2014, Basanich continuously slapped Jamie across her face until her mouth began to bleed. “She did not provide any medical assistance to treat Jamie for her injuries and tied her to the bed once again that night. On Wednesday, November 19, 2014, Basanich removed Jamie’s underwear and made her lie on the floor. Thereafter, she pinched Jamie on her vagina and burnt her with a cigarette repeatedly on her vagina. She also pinched Jamie on her ears. During the night, she tied Jamie to the bed. At some time during the night, Jamie succumbed to her injuries and died while still tied to the bed. At a subsequent post mortem examination, the cause of death was established as a blunt head trauma following fatal child abuse,” the indictment further stated.

Further incidents of torture and abuse indicated in the indictment revealed that Basanich had burnt Jamie’s pubic area with a cigarette, inserted a burning cigarette into Jamie’s vagina and had inserted her fingers and also rubbed chillies inside Jamie’s vagina.
https://risingsunchatsworth.co.za/4...by-jamie-endured-brutal-torture-before-death/
jamie.jpg

That poor baby. Her mother and her grandmother did this to her, she didn't have a safe haven no where.

Damn she suffered.

Latest article I can find is here - https://www.indianspice.co.za/2018/09/durban-high-court-finds-baby-xs-mother-guilty/
The child’s official cause of death was “blunt force trauma following fatal child abuse”.
The trial revealed that Baby X and her two other siblings were victims of abuse at the hands of their mother and grandmother.
The 34-year-old Chatsworth woman was found guilty in the Durban High Court of 16 charges, including murder, child abuse, assault with the intent to do grievous bodily harm and failing to provide medical care.
Baby X, who is not being named to protect the identities of her siblings who also suffered abuse, died in November, 2014 and her mother and grandmother were arrested shortly after.
The children were struck with a ruler, sjambok, spoon and open hand. They were also pinched, burnt with a cigarette and iron, forced to beg and ‘hustle’ and were sexually abused.
Baby X was declared dead by paramedics at her home in Imperial Drive in Havenside, on the morning of November 20, 2014.

And an article from 2015 - https://www.indianspice.co.za/2015/10/baby-jamie-the-truth-revealed-in-court/
DURBAN: The woman and her mother are not only accused of killing the woman’s three-year old daughter X Naidoo, but also of torturing and sexually abusing the three elder children.
The statement read out at courts makes claims that apart from burning the children with a hot iron and cigarettes, three-year old baby X, who eventually died, allegedly had chillies inserted into her genitals while the penis of the eldest of the mother’s three surviving children was pinched and burnt with a cigarette.
All the above was release at the indictment hearing, which was served on the 32-year-old mother and her own mother, a 55-year-old woman, when they appeared briefly in the Chatsworth Magistrate’s court on Thursday.
The indictment weaves a sad state of abuse, torture, sexual abuse and neglect relating to the older of the mother’s four children.
Only the very youngest of the children was apparently spared from abuse.
The women have been charged with three counts of assault with intent to do grievous bodily harm, four counts of child abuse, one count of sexual assault, and three counts of failing to provide medical assistance.
Baby X’s grandmother faces an additional charge of murder, two charges of sexual assault, and one charge of rape.
According to the indictment, in June 2007 the mother applied to have her children placed in foster care as a result of her financial situation and a drug habit.
In 2008 the Durban Children’s Court placed the two surviving older children – a boy and a girl now aged 10 and eight years – in the care of their grandmother.
Later when the third child (X) was born, she too was placed in the care of the grandmother, who lived in the Havenside area of Chatsworth in Durban.
The mother has also been noted for taking all 3 children with her on several occasions to beg for money in Durban’s Point area, notorious for its drug and prostitution scene. Throughout all that was read out at court, the worst treatment appears to have been reserved for the deceased child.
On some occasions, X would be deprived of food as a punishment and when her two siblings wanted to give her food, they would be stopped by either their mother or their grandmother.
“During the period that the deceased lived with accused 1 (grandmother), accused 1 sexually assaulted the deceased on diverse occasions by burning the deceased with cigarettes on her pubic area and by rubbing chillies onto her pubic area.
In addition, accused 1 sexually penetrated the deceased by inserting burning cigarettes into her vagina as well as by inserting her fingers into the deceased’s vagina. During these instances accused 1 would also rub chillies onto the inside of the deceased’s vagina.”
The grandmother would also allegedly repeatedly tie the child to the bed.
According to the indictment, the mother slapped and pushed the deceased child to the floor on November 17, 2014, before ordering her youngest daughter, a toddler, aged two, to hit her older sibling with a ruler.
The abuse then continued throughout the next day, allegedly at the hands of the grandmother. The deceased was thrown to the floor and slapped across her mouth so badly that she started to bleed.
The child was again then tied to the bed and the following day on November 19, the grandmother is alleged to have burnt the child on the vagina with a cigarette and pinched her ears.
Later that night the child died.
The case against the two women was postponed by Magistrate CM Mkhalipi to December 8 when they made their first appearance in the Durban High Court.
On Thursday, the court heard that their pro bono lawyer Vijay Suvakumar had withdrawn from the case and that the master of the High Court had appointed new counsel for the mother and legal aid counsel was to be appointed for the grandmother.
At previous court appearances there had been questions over the two women’s mental health status, but after a stay at the Fort Napier mental facility, they were both determined fit to stand trial.
Suvakumar had previously argued that the mother had “child like tendencies” as a result of a 2004 car accident when she sustained a head injury.
Her three other children were taken to a place of safety following their sibling’s death.
Unlike previous appearances, there were no protesters outside the Chatsworth Magistrate’s Court on Thursday.

That poor baby. Her mother and her grandmother did this to her, she didn't have a safe haven no where.

Some of the abuse cases are harder than others to post. This child's life was as bleak as Jax, Brianna and Baby Peter as well as many others.

It is the knowing, that this poor baby never received one moment of love or kindness that is the hardest part for me.

They should also tack a hate crime charge on these two useless cunts. I didn't need to start my day with this horrific story.

Ahh, Durban, the former home of our beloved Pete Bondurant!

I know this is totally off topic but I had to tell y'all. I have a new team at work and one of the agents is named Pete.

When I went to add his phone number to my phone the other day, I typed in Pete, and the auto-complete recommendation was Bondurant. Tha fuck?!?

This is from India. In that shithole, they all hate each other, undeniable fact (as JackBurton, would say).

I thought that as well at first given the momster's pictures, but Durban is the east coast of South Africa. The indianspice articles were the only 'latest' articles I could find. I'm thinking they were immigrants and the articles were just reporting on their expats abroad.

India is still a shit hole and the area where these two lived isn't far behind.

Last edited:
Ahh, Durban, the former home of our beloved Pete Bondurant!
I've been wonderinng where he is. All that talk about moving to Australia and little time to be online here.... fair enough.
He says he's a commodities trader. So I thought he might be in some golf course prison for stock fraud.
Or else taking time off in a psychiatric facility. He's talked about some major anxiety issues. Pete is our male version of @lithiumgirl , Crazy but interesting insights and/or humour. @Pete Bondurant is a valuable member!

Last edited:
I know this is totally off topic but I had to tell y'all. I have a new team at work and one of the agents is named Pete.

When I went to add his phone number to my phone the other day, I typed in Pete, and the auto-complete recommendation was Bondurant. Tha fuck?!?
He's in your life. Like it or not, he's there.

Holy cow. Those 2 bitches deserve to be tortured every second of every day for what they did to those kids, especially the 3 year old. How the hell she lasted that long is a miracle. Sounds weird, but I'm glad she's dead. I mean, no one was going to help her. Had she lived, it would have just been to suffer even more. Now MAYBE the 2 bitches responsible will be punished, at least, and the other kids spared further abuse. The cigarettes and chilies in the vag got me. God knows that must have been hell for that poor girl. I've accidentally rubbed my eye with jalapeno on my fingers and thought I was going to die. Poor baby burning down there and not able to make it stop. God, these 2 deserve the worst punishment. Evil, hateful, spiteful bitches!!

I saw a video of an Otter being given inhaler treatments the other day (it was actually pretty damn cute, evidently otters are super smart) BUT- Damn Pete - he is forever linked to otters in my head... I cant see one and not think of him!

2 November 2018

“For whatever reason, she hated Baby X,” Cheryl Naidu said.

The advocate argued that the mother should receive a sentence of not less than 25 years.

Defence advocate Murray Pitman argued that Moodley should sentence Baby X’s mother as though she was a teenager.

Pitman argued that it had been established that the mother had the mental capacity of a 17-year-old.

He said it should also be noted that the mother had been sexually abused by her father when she was still a child and that Baby X’s grandmother had been a domineering figure.

He argued that the sentence should be 10 years, which would include the four years that she has already spent in prison.

“Twenty-five years is practically a life sentence,” he said.

By the time the 32-year-old mother came out of prison, she would practically be at “death’s door”, and this would defeat the purpose of rehabilitating her and reintroducing her to society, Pitman said.

“You do not sentence from a position of righteous anger; it is done impassionately,” he said.

The matter was adjourned until next week.
https://www.iol.co.za/dailynews/why-baby-x-social-worker-was-lambasted-by-judge-17748238

Nov1, 2019

In November 2014, Baby X's scarred and lifeless body was found in their Havenside home.

During the trial, it was revealed she died due to “blunt force trauma following fatal child abuse".

It was heard in court that her grandmother had allegedly throttled and thrown her to ground repeatedly two days prior to her death.

The following day, Baby X's mother had allegedly hit her with a high-heeled shoe across the head and face.

The grandmother, who was awoken from her sleep by child’s screams and crying, had joined in the beating, hitting the child using her own shoe as well as allegedly striking Baby X across the face, head, and body with her hands.

Baby X’s siblings were told to “mop up the blood” on the kitchen floor, from Baby X’s “bust nose”.

On the same night, a plastic packet was placed over the child’s head and her hands and legs bound to the bed with rope before she went to sleep. She died the following day.
https://www.iol.co.za/thepost/baby-x-looked-like-an-angel-court-heard-17731850

Last edited:
. By the time the 32-year-old mother came out of prison, she would practically be at “death’s door”, and this would defeat the purpose of rehabilitating her and reintroducing her to society, Pitman said.
You can't fix what's broken in her.

By the time the 32-year-old mother came out of prison, she would practically be at “death’s door”,

So 57, 3 years younger than I am now, is death's door. If it is then she absolutely deserves that. Even if she has the mentality of a 17yo, a 17yo absolutely knows you don't do the things to a baby that she and her mother did to poor little Jamie. I say give both of them actualy life, they are too evil to be loose amongst unsuspecting people.

I bet the grandmother had the same situation: torturing the children she despised. Why else would she participate? Only she got away with it in the past. Her surviving daughter was the only one she favoured, and they continued family tradition. It wasn't white colonialism that made people prey on each other, the cruelty was always there. Because they are effing crazy. Some will blame evil colonialism, racism and all the usual suspects. But all those women had had to do was smother an unwanted baby at birth, like people do with unwanted kittens. Instead, they kept them alive to torture for power & pleasure.
What will happen to the surviving children?

So 57, 3 years younger than I am now, is death's door. If it is then she absolutely deserves that. Even if she has the mentality of a 17yo, a 17yo absolutely knows you don't do the things to a baby that she and her mother did to poor little Jamie. I say give both of them actualy life, they are too evil to be loose amongst unsuspecting people.
And she can’t spawn another child to kill

@cubby

The woman is just stupid and evil. Most 17yos would not do or standby and watch the abuse this child was subjected to.

@Muriel Schwenck

Sadly, some cultures do not value children and even more so when they are girls.

I guess according to the dumbass lawyer I am about 3 years from deaths door.
Better get my shitheadedness out while I still can.

First to Durban to take deal some hurtin.
Execute that cankerous scab of rabid gorilla vomit.

@Satanica @cubby @Nell @Buffettgirl @Keepalowprofile @Craygor @Sejanus @Sue sue @Muriel Schwenck

The mother of Baby X, who was murdered in 2014, was sentenced to 20 years in prison on Thursday.

The court found that the 35-year-old woman had murdered her three-year-old daughter, who had endured being beaten, starved, burnt with cigarettes, had chilli powder put in her nappy and tied to a bed at night.

On Thursday she was convicted on 17 charges ranging from murder to assault. The conviction to all the charges will run concurrently, meaning she will serve an effective 20 years behind bars.
https://www.iol.co.za/dailynews/baby-xs-mom-sentenced-to-20-years-17818597

Poor baby did not get justice.

The conviction to all the charges will run concurrently, meaning she will serve an effective 20 years behind bars.

Hopefully a woman with LWOP will give this baby the justice that she so deserves. Even if it's just torturing this putrid mass of human flesh until she almost feels as hopeless as this poor baby had to have felt. She'll never be able to feel as hopeless because she's just not capable of it.

If she has the mental age of a 17 year old she deserves everything they can throw at her. I have many friends who had had their first children by 17 and raised healthy, intelligent, empathetic kids. 17 years old is plenty old enough to know better than to torture a baby.

Hopefully her fellow inmates will figure this out, but they would probably have everything in prison to be able to inflict the same torture on the mom.

Whatever happened to the grandmother?

Back