• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
1686139079657.png

The parents of a 6-year-old who died suddenly last week have been charged with felony child endangering in Akron Municipal Court.
Akron police were called to the Hustons' home at 7:36 p.m. May 31, when the parents called 911 to report their son, Logan Huston, was not breathing and unresponsive. During the approximately 5 1/2 minute call, a woman who identified herself as Emmalee Huston said her son was unresponsive and his lips were turning purple.

The remainder of the call involves the dispatcher instructing Emmalee, who relays the instructions to her husband, on how to perform CPR on their son.

William Huston can be heard counting chest compressions and breathing for his son until emergency medical technicians arrive.
Logan was taken to Akron Children's Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

William Huston spoke through tears Thursday afternoon just moments before he was sentenced to eight to 12 years in the fentanyl overdose death of his 6-year-old son.

"I take full responsibility for my role in this tragedy," Huston said, pausing to catch his breath. "I'm so sorry. I love my son. I wish I could change things."
Summit County Common Pleas Judge Tammy O'Brien sentenced him to three years for child endangerment and one year for possession of a fentanyl-related compound. He will serve at the same time as his eight- to 12-year sentence for involuntary manslaughter.

Huston pleaded guilty to the three charges in March in a deal with prosecutors who dropped the possession of cocaine count.
"There really are no other words for this than it is a tragedy," O'Brien said. "I have no doubt that Mr. Huston has loved his children. He has shown great remorse."

Back