• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A 43-year-old Tulsa woman was arrested on complaints of child neglect and public intoxication after her 5-year-old daughter wandered into a QuikTrip store alone Saturday night.

Police responded to the QuikTrip on July 15 after employees said the little girl came into the store without an adult. When employees confronted the girl, she said she lived alone and that her parents were dead, TPD said.

Upon arrival to the scene, police made contact with the girl's mother, Sharlotte Sandstede, who arrived at the store 45 minutes after the girl showed up inside the store.

Police said Sandstede appeared with bloodshot eyes, had slurred speech and was unsteady on her feet. Sandstede told police she'd been drinking alcohol prior to talking to the officers, according to the arrest and booking report.

Officers said the little girl was crying and appeared scared when they talked to her, and she said her back "hurt" and that she needed to "go to the doctor."

EMSA was called and paramedics checked the girl and she had injuries around her eye, lower back and below her ears, according to police.

The girl also told EMSA, "my mommy hit me," the police report states.
http://www.newson6.com/story/35896024/tulsa-woman-arrested-after-5-year-old-daughter-found-alone
14397034_G.jpg

I hope that that little girl is okay and finds a good home, but kid don't ever really get over their parent's, especially their mothers not caring about them. It leaves deep wounds,

... she said she lived alone and that her parents were dead ...
Its sad that the kid's fantasy is to be left alone.
[doublepost=1522672292,1522670454][/doublepost]Though this story is almost a year old, I did little bit of digging. It appears our lush was, at one time, highly thought of, at least in Alaska. Here's an article about her in 2005
4edfe7d707fc5.image.jpg

She's served in the military for 11 years, spending time recently in Operation Noble Eagle and Operation Enduring Freedom, and became the Alaska Air National Guard's 2003 Alaska Airman of the Year.

Sandstede works with and for kids, is a registered respiratory therapist by trade and has two jobs. She is also an emergency medical technician.

But not everything in her life is serious - she still finds time to wear frivolous red hats and race cars - with the help of her husband and a friend, she is constructing her own '73 Chevy Malibu to run at North Star Speedway.

Born in Okmulgee, Okla., 31 years ago, Sandstede spent some of her time growing up on the Cherokee reservation in Tahlequah, Okla. ...

... She joined the Army when she was 21, spending eight years there, then went into the Army National Guard and later, the Air National Guard, working in the 176th Medical Group as an aerospace medical health care technician.

... named the Alaska Air Guard's 2003 Airman of the Year ... Sandstede plans to end her military career at the end of this year.

... She also works for LINKS-Mat-Su's parent resource center, which helps families that have children with special needs, and she is training to become a CASA (court-appointed special advocate) worker for children.

"I was in the CASA program as a teen-ager, so I know firsthand from the other side what these kids are going through," she said. "I didn't really grow up in the best environment, so I am doing all this because I would like to help at least one child. What I really want is to make a difference, to give back to the community."

Sandstede also serves on the advisory council for the Boys and Girls Club.

Chad was into racing and they were trying to expand the all-women division at North Star Speedway.

"I started racing because Chad was the chief technical inspector for North Star and I wanted to know why he was spending so much time at the track," she said. "So, I went down there and they have their girlfriends or wives with no experience in racing just hop in the cars and race each other. Well, one of the baby grand drivers said, 'Your wife can drive my car if she wants to,' so I got in and after I raced around for a while, I got out and just had this big grin from ear to ear. I said, 'I want one of these,' and it just started from there."

Sandstede is also a member of the Red Hat Society.

"This is for women to get together and wear nice hats and just enjoy being girls. We take our silliness very seriously," she said.

The Valley chapter of the society is known as the "Vibrant Valley Divas" and Sandstede's royal name within the society is "Princess Keely Godfrey." She says it is an Irish name that means "beautiful peace."

Sandstede knows she's a good health-care worker, but feels she is in a transitional stage and needs to work more toward the field of human services, to help serve her community.

With all the seriousness in her life, Sandstede can at least find a release in wearing silly hats and driving fast cars.

http://www.frontiersman.com/news/fo...cle_53c5d446-8e96-5bd8-9226-efe2aac0fe72.html
Unfortunately, Sharlotte's "transitional stage" to "serve her community" lead her to Tulsa where she became a drunk and instead of helping "... at least one child" she abuses her own. It would be an interesting story to hear about her descent.

Last edited:
Back