• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
m about this is he is a well known hollyweird player & they make a big deal about him donating to the dems above all else when that is like the low ball of what he does

ed-buck.jpg

Prominent Democratic donor Ed Buck was reportedly arrested Tuesday after another man overdosed on methamphetamine at his California apartment.

Buck was charged with maintaining a drug house at his West Hollywood address and accused of supplying meth last Wednesday to a 37-year-old man who overdosed but survived, according to KABC.

Buck injected the man with “two dangerously large” doses of methamphetamine, prosecutors said, according to the LA Times.

“With this new evidence, I authorized the filing of criminal charges against Ed Buck,” Los Angeles County District Attorney Jackie Lacey said in a statement obtained by the newspaper.

Before last week, two other men fatally overdosed on meth at Buck’s residence, but no charges were brought against him in those cases.

Full Story:
https://nypost.com/2019/09/18/dem-donor-ed-buck-arrested-after-third-man-overdoses-at-his-la-home/

How come it's always the OTHER GUY who od's in these episodes? If it were 50/50 this guy would be a weirdo with a serious drug problem. But when it's always the other guy we're talking about a criminal predator. Put him away.

And if his political connections got him off easy the first couple times then that should be exposed too. Journalists should quit looking for sordid photos/emails from crackhead prostitutes and start investigating how the DA's office handled these cases.

Ed Buck hit with federal charge in man’s 2017 overdose death
Democratic donor Ed Buck was hit Thursday with a federal charge in connection to the 2017 overdose death of a man at his West Hollywood home — and newly released court documents detail allegations that painted Buck as a sex fiend with an underwear fetish who solicited men and injected them with meth during sexual encounters.

The feds charged Buck, 65, with one count of distribution of methamphetamine resulting in the overdose death of 26-year-old Gemmel Moore. Buck faces up to life in prison, if convicted.
https://nypost.com/2019/09/19/ed-buck-hit-with-federal-charge-in-mans-2017-overdose-death/

A federal grand jury has indicted noted political activist and donor Ed Buck on charges he provided illegal drugs that caused the overdose deaths of two men and distributed drugs to others.

The indictment, unsealed early Wednesday, expands the allegations against Buck, who was initially charged in U.S. District Court with distributing methamphetamine resulting in the death of one of the men, Gemmel Moore, in July 2017.
[....]
The indictment accuses Buck of providing methamphetamine that caused the overdose of Timothy Dean, 55, who died in Buck's apartment in January. Dean's death was referenced in the initial criminal case that charged Buck in federal court, but he was not identified by name.

It also adds three counts of distributing methamphetamine to three other men between 2018 and 2019.

Buck could face a sentence of between 20 years and life in prison if he's convicted on the federal charges and more than 5 years in prison if he's convicted on state charges.

He's being held in federal custody without bail. At a detention hearing last week U.S. Magistrate Judge Patrick Walsh briefly considered whether Buck would be a flight risk or a danger to the community if allowed out on bond.

"I don't see anything that would alleviate my concern about danger," Walsh said. Buck did not object to being held in jail until trial.

Two days before the initial federal charge was filed September 17 Buck was arrested by Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department deputies on state felony charges, that accused him of battery causing serious injury, administering methamphetamine, and maintaining a drug house.

The LA County District Attorney's Office said those charges stemmed from the life threatening drug overdoses of a man identified in court documents as, "Joe Doe," on Sept. 4 and 11, but were otherwise unrelated to the deaths of Moore and Dean.

At the detention hearing Sept. 26 Walsh also asked Buck's federal public defender if LA County authorities had returned $4-million that Buck apparently posted for bail on the original state charges.

No answer was provided in court, and a spokesperson for LA Superior Court said it was not clear from court records if Buck had tried to post bail before he was charged in federal court.

'This man is crazy': Secret diary of black man who died of overdose at Ed Buck's apartment reveals how the Democratic donor got him addicted to drugs, injected him and how he wanted to kill himself
A man who died of a drug overdose in the apartment of Ed Buck left behind a diary in which he blames the Democratic donor for his descent into methamphetamine addiction.

Buck has pleaded not guilty to distributing methamphetamine resulting in the deaths of Timothy Dean in January 2019 and Gemmel Moore in 2017.

Federal prosecutors say Buck, 65, preyed on vulnerable gay men and pressured them to let him inject them with drugs as part of a sexual ritual. Buck is also charged with providing meth to three more men, including one who overdosed.

Activist Jasmyne Cannick, who uncovered new evidence in the case and pushed for two years to bring charges against Buck, provided Moore's diary to The New York Times.

In one entry, Moore is said to have written: 'I honestly don't know what to do. I've become addicted to drugs and the worst one at that. Ed Buck is the one to thank. He gave me my first injection of crystal meth it was very painful, but after all the troubles, I became addicted to the pain and fetish/fantasy.

'My life is at an all-time high right now & I mean that from all ways. I ended up back at Buck house again and got manipulated into slamming again. I even went to the point where I was forced to doing 4 within a 2day period. This man is crazy and it's sad. Will I ever get help?'

Full Story:
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/16/magazine/ed-buck-case.html?utm_source=digg

Hollywood Democratic donor Ed Buck sentenced to 30 years for meth ODs​

Democratic megadonor Ed Buck was sentenced to 30 years in prison on Thursday for fatally injecting two gay men with methamphetamine in exchange for sex at his West Hollywood apartment.

Judge Christina A. Snyder said the sentencing decision was difficult as she balanced the philanthropic work Buck had done in his life supporting LGBTQ and animal rights causes with the “horrific crimes” that she called “more than just an accident.”

Prosecutors sought a life sentence for Buck, 67, arguing he was a sexual predator who abused vulnerable men — often young, black, homeless and addicted to drugs — who’d resorted to sex work in order to get their fix. The defense requested a 10-year-sentence — below the federal minimum of 20 years — claiming he was sexually abused as a child and that health problems led him to drug addiction.

The wealthy political activist, who’s donated $500,000 to mostly Democratic causes since 2000, was convicted last July in the deaths of 26-year-old Gemmel Moore and 55-year-old Timothy Dean.

But even after the two men died, Buck continued to inject more men with alarming doses of meth and then sexually assault them while they were unconscious, prosecutors said. Another man, Dane Brown, was repeatedly injected by Buck but survived and his harrowing account of being revived twice finally led to Buck’s arrest in 2019.

Back