• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Thanks to ghosttruck!

[....]
Mote Marine Laboratory and Aquarium workers were helping an injured turtle in Sarasota waters Wednesday when they spotted the normally land-based bandit parked atop a channel maker (sic), officials said.

Area police departments and the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission were called in to assist the raccoon. The rescuers had the raccoon in a net, but it managed to jump into the water.

“Oh my God, he’s adorable!” a rescuer is heard saying in a video.

The video posted online by Sarasota police shows the swimming raccoon darting around rescuers before returning to the boat, where it was placed in a cooler and returned to shore.

It's unknown how the raccoon managed to get to the channel marker.

https://www.wftv.com/news/florida/s...d-while-swimming-in-sarasota-waters/932711678

I’m surprised that little cunt didn’t shred apart the net. After my raccoon break-ins through my screen windows a few years back, I don’t trust those little bitches at ALL.
I had a raccoon take out the power to the house one evening. It got tangled up in the primary side of the transformer and popped the fuse. Surprisingly enough it didn't kill it, but it didn't do it a lot of good either.

--Al

I had a raccoon take out the power to the house one evening. It got tangled up in the primary side of the transformer and popped the fuse. Surprisingly enough it didn't kill it, but it didn't do it a lot of good either.

--Al

I’m not really sure how, but one year when I was a kid I heard a loud POP and then the power went out. When we went to the scene later, there were squirrel guts splattered around my neighbor’s yard and street, and the power dudes said that the squirrel bit through the line and exploded.

Little fur balls are a force I want to keep the hell away from. They know how to fuck shit up.

Despise racoons. Trash animal
Post automatically merged:

My first inlaw's house burned down due to squirrels chewing wires in the attic, so, yeah, you don't want any furballs sneaking in. Better deal with it as soon as you suspect.

Squrirels are the fucking worst. They can and will destroy your entire house.

Squirrel/small animal trap and a trashcan full of water is the most efficient and humane best way of dealin with em, although in an attic situation poison is a good idea as there's little risk of family pets or other animals deserving of life from gettin into it.

The guy we bought our last house from loved the birds and squirrels. I took out 14 bird feeders and 11 squirrel feeders the first month we were there. We had a row of 100+ foot tall trees next to the driveway and they were infested. Bird nests and squirrels in the attic. It took a couple years to clear them out. Luckily stray cats started adopting us. We provided them with water, shelter and some food, and they found the rest of the food themselves.

I have a soft spot for raccoons, we had a rescue when I was a child that was eventually rehabbed and reintroduced to the wild. She'd still come to the house on occasion, to say hi and to show off when she had babies. <3

They can be vicious little fuckers though, no doubt. I've rescued a few that fell down into garbage cans and couldn't get back out. Little guys, mainly. We never saw any stranded at sea lol

The dogs we have now kill everything, so I don't expect a problem. They took out baby squirrels and a possum. If it is on the ground while they're out there, it's a goner.

Back