• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A Denver man is lucky to be alive after a horrifying trash compactor accident over the weekend.

Scott Walsh, 22 was trying to retrieve a friend’s cell phone that had fallen into a trash chute.

“And he was reaching down to get it for her and fell head first down the chute,” said Liz DiSalvo, Walsh’s friend.

Matt Johnson, one of Walsh’s friends who witnessed the accident, said they didn’t realize it was a garbage compactor at the bottom of the chute.

“When he fell down, it activated the compactor and he was in there, I would say, approximately five minutes,” DiSalvo said.

The weight-activated machine partially crushed Walsh’s head, torso and lower body, breaking both of his legs, fracturing his skull in two places and rupturing the arteries in his neck.

“I saw him come out of the trash compactor,” Johnson said. “It wasn’t a very good scene. He’s very lucky to be alive.”

Doctors say Walsh has no brain or spinal damage.

“It’s a miracle,” Johnson said.
https://myfox8.com/2018/11/07/man-crushed-by-trash-compactor-while-trying-to-retrieve-friends-phone/

Holy fuck he’s lucky to be alive.

I wish I could see pics of him after he won the trash compactor battle.

There should probably be warning stickers or something on the door to the chute, because many people wouldn't know there is a compactor at the bottom. I think most people's perception is there's a bin at the bottom. He should probably be thankful there wasn't an incinerator down there!

Back