• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Holy fuck. Just looking at the pictures ........ :bored:

That looks to me like a result of excessive speed. The bus has rolled on its side and slid into the tree. It's a residential area with a pretty narrow road. This bus driver is going to be in some deep shit.

I can't imagine what the parents of that neighborhood are going through right now. I'd be out for blood.

Just checked google maps. Downhill through a right hand bend that is speed rated at 25mph, the bus crashed as it came out of the bend.

Lots of video being updated at this link.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/33763627/update-crash-involving-school-bus-on-talley-road

Last edited:
Holy Cow!!! the driver had to have been speeding or having a heart attack or something to nearly cut a school bus in half like that.

I'm just guessing but I don't think there's going to be too many kids on the buses after this.

I was looking at the google map. The only way this could have happened IMHO is he took that left turn onto Talley Rd. from Midwoode Rd. too fast causing the bus to flip over onto its right side and slide right into the tree cutting the bus in half and continuing into the house. He deserves to be arrested. I wonder if he was texting or using his phone at the time. He was a pretty young guy. He was responsible for the lives of almost 40 kids at the time. I really want to know what his story is. Authorities say he is cooperating. I know a drug test will be done at some point. This is such a tragedy. A whole school and community forever changed. It really hurts when something this catastrophic happens so close to the holidays. Especially when it involves children.

Rep. Joe Armstrong, D-Knoxville, led an unsuccessful effort to require seat belts on Tennessee school buses last year after two students and a teacher's aide died in a bus crash in Knoxville. Many lawmakers opposed the proposal, saying it was too expensive.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/...investigators-probe-crash-killed-mult/399118/
[doublepost=1479799252,1479795042][/doublepost]This is the Facebook page for Woodmore Elementary.

https://m.facebook.com/Woodmore-Elementary-School-264796776869937/

This happened here -- less than five miles from my house.

Lots of efforts being made to help the hospitals with blood for the -- what has to be tremendous amount of need, judging by those numbers -- and I've seen some people on my Facebook offering to take anyone who'd donate but can't get there, sort of a carpool, etc. We've got two hospitals very close with Emergency facilities, and another capable of handling them (not sure if they have an ambulance available, though) -- so that part won't be as overwhelming as it could be; just turned out to happen very near two large ones, actually three counting the one without ambulance, and another in North Georgia less than half an hour away.
And the need for blood has been met with some really anxious-to-help folks, almost like they were relieved to be doing something to help. Sort of feels helpless to know that there are people, likely people on your street or at least on the next few, who are going through a parent's worst nightmare. That very probably, someone in the neighborhood at least, is processing news that will change their life, it's a very sobering thought. Nothing feels as helpless as knowing that and being unable to change it... I can see why the turnout at the blood bank is looking so good so far.

This is a growing but still close and small enough community that we do "turn up" when help or support is warranted, and there's going to be a lot of stepping up going down around here very soon. We moved here from Los Angeles when I was a teenager, and I was taken by the way people wave at strangers when driving (they do it still) and will still walk up and begin a conversation with someone they've never seen, just "being friendly." They hug a LOT compared to a wave or handshake after, say, bumping into someone shopping, etc. They stop to help when someone's pulled over with obvious car trouble. And they're glad to do it. That's never changed in the 30+ years I've been here, that genuine hospitality.
Not to say anyone's tragedy won't be as great because it happened here, my god no. But if I know a city that will ensure that nobody is denied the help or support they need after suffering a tragedy like this? It's this one.

Seems like mostly people are kind of asking about families who'd have had kids on that bus. Beginning to hear, "Wouldn't so-and-so have been on that bus?" It's a quiet, somber sort of time-of-tension, kind of waiting for the families to all be notified before releasing too many specifics. But that's what people are thinking, they're thinking "I wonder if [insert name of friend/family member here]'s kids were on it?" So many people affected -- when you think of not only the immediate family but grandparents (can you imagine?) and aunts, uncles, siblings... wondering if any two from the same family were among the casualties. Wondering so much right now.

Someone on my FB had, earlier today, asked if anyone knew anything on the bus crash in Brainerd earlier, and said like, "I know there are fatalities." So someone commented, "Don't say that until you know; how would you feel to be a parent and read that, when there probably aren't any serious injuries?" Dude goes, "Hey, I passed that site, and believe me, there are gonna be some fatalities." Seeing the pictures, I can see how he predicted that.

Soon there will be a growing list of names read out on local news stations, and special interest stories on individual children (it was all under sixth-graders, if I understood it) who met an early demise on, of all weeks, that of Thanksgiving. But right now, it's almost a whispered-about topic, maybe partly out of shock, or some kind of respect for the victims not-yet named, or maybe fear of who it may have been. It's a definite change in the air as opposed to that of the weekend, with most talk being of the short work week, Black Friday, and the Christmas parade.

Almost like a palpable kind of impending doom (it's already here, but until we're certain of the details, it still seems to have not arrived yet.) A kind of deep breath before a wave hits, something like that. And a general sense of sympathy for people you don't even know, almost like bracing for impact.

Prayers "sent up" -- hearing and reading that everywhere. For me, sparing a thought not only for the families affected, but for the medical teams who are going to meet some challenges in the weeks ahead, with today being the worst (I'm guessing.) Lots of long hours and thankless overtime will replace what would've been time at home with family, for many. Wishing them the strength to push through, and the knowledge that they are, with or without hearing it, appreciated beyond measure. Not everyone could handle what some have undoubtedly done and seen just today.
Imagining there are lots of heroes without capes today around here. Who are helping or planning to help where needed, whether or not anyone they know personally is affected. Who are already hurting for those in pain and who will, although they don't know it yet, be invaluable as a support to someone who's about to need it as they've never needed it. Bless every one of them.

Last edited:
Clearly, this is another school district with bus problems like what's going on in Dallas County but no one's bothered to investigate the incidents like the local Dallas tv station has. FFS, how can anyone wonder why parents would want to home school when the districts can't even get them to the fucking classroom safely. The problems in education apparently start in the bus barn and those who could do something about it drag their feet or don't want to spend the money to fix the school transportation issues. Personally, I'd like to curb stomp Johnthony Walker and that's just for starters. Was he high, drunk, or just a wreckless asshole.

TJ, my heart goes out to everyone affected. My stomach fell when I saw that headline this morning.

Clearly, this is another school district with bus problems like what's going on in Dallas County but no one's bothered to investigate the incidents like the local Dallas tv station has. FFS, how can anyone wonder why parents would want to home school when the districts can't even get them to the fucking classroom safely. The problems in education apparently start in the bus barn and those who could do something about it drag their feet or don't want to spend the money to fix the school transportation issues. Personally, I'd like to curb stomp Johnthony Walker and that's just for starters. Was he high, drunk, or just a wreckless asshole.

TJ, my heart goes out to everyone affected. My stomach fell when I saw that headline this morning.

Looking at the impact, how far the tree is embedded in the bus, I doubt seat belts would have made any difference to the fatalities.
Probably would have prevented a lot of injuries though.

This was culpable driving and some. I hope the driver spends the rest of his days in a dark hole. Class B felony. 8-20 years. I hope they give him consecutive sentences.

Just tied a yellow school bus,
'round the old oak tree.
Get 8 to 20 long years,
if you prosecute me.
Don't know what I was doing,
but was stoned as you can see!

Got behind a wheel on the bus,
Sped with no fuss,
then plowed into a tree

I was high as fuck behind the wheel,
when I..... hiiit that... tree.

I didn't mean to hurt those kids.
I just couldn't stop myself from burnin' lids.
Then really baked I got aboard,
the needle hit 60!
The townsfolk are pissed,
the tree I shoulda missed,
So put the blame on meeeee.
Killed some kids and tied their bus,
around...the old... oak tree.

Snoop Dogg the bus driver, doing that old Tony Orlando and Dawn ditty.

Yesterday's news was reporting 5 dead on scene and one in the hospital...so 6 kids. Today's articles are saying 5 dead and everyone else accounted for. I'm confused....was it 6 or 5?

Either way, what a horrible tragedy for those kids and their families.

Oh yeah, Sure, I'd let my kids get into any vehicle that fucking guy was driving. Whoever hired that guy to transport children should be fucking shot, and then shot again.

Authorities arrested the bus driver, 24-year-old Johnthony Walker, charging him with vehicular homicide. But investigators are still working to pinpoint what caused the crash.

Shell-shocked students cried as rescuers worked for hours to pull them from the wreckage.

Frantic parents screamed, "That's my baby."

This was the horrifying scene Monday afternoon on a street in Chattanooga, Tennessee. And on Tuesday morning, the city was still reeling.

... and then there was this from Johnthony Walker's mom.

Bus driver's mother: 'He was terrified'

After the crash, Walker's mother says she got a phone call from her son, who told her he'd been in a "drastic accident" and tried to explain what had happened before police took his phone away.

http://www.myhighplains.com/news/bus-driver-arrested-in-fatal-tennessee-crash

So far I've not seen any reports indicating that J. Walker was driving under the influence but when I look at the images and videos taken at the scene and read about the reckless speed and loss of control that the children and observers related.... I think Johnthony's samples are going to come back dirty.

Those poor children, the dead and the ones that survived waiting to be extracted from the twisted and jagged metal of the yellow school bus as their agonized parents sent up continuous pleas and prayers during what had to be an excruciating and interminable vigil of fear, angst and anxiety.

My heart goes out to the children, their families and the entire community as they attempt to take in the stunning tragedy that has left them reeling.

images

What the Faq???

From mybum62 link

Cook said she's grieving for the families of the children killed -- but said her son is also suffering.
"My heart of love is going out for all that was in harm's way of God's will," she said. "Sending out mine and our condolences to every family that God touched yesterday in this horrible accident. And I am asking for compassion also for my son."

Shocking how she has absolved her son of any responsibility and laid the entire ordeal at gods feet with her "My heart of love is going out for all that was in harm's way of God's will," and her "condolences to every family that God touched yesterday in this horrible accident."

Ummmmm.... God wasn't behind the wheel of that bus and his foot wasn't on the accelerator. What an udder pile of
COW PLOP she served up!!

What the Faq???

From mybum62 link

Cook said she's grieving for the families of the children killed -- but said her son is also suffering.
"My heart of love is going out for all that was in harm's way of God's will," she said. "Sending out mine and our condolences to every family that God touched yesterday in this horrible accident. And I am asking for compassion also for my son."

Shocking how she has absolved her son of any responsibility and laid the entire ordeal at gods feet with her "My heart of love is going out for all that was in harm's way of God's will," and her "condolences to every family that God touched yesterday in this horrible accident."

Ummmmm.... God wasn't behind the wheel of that bus and his foot wasn't on the accelerator. What an udder pile of
COW PLOP she served up!!

I know right, why they gotta blame God for everything LOL

https://gma.yahoo.com/five-children...bus-crash-073054508--abc-news-topstories.html
The school bus driver charged in connection with a crash that killed five children in Tennessee on Monday was involved in a separate bus collision two months ago, ABC News has learned.

Johnthony Walker, 24, was driving a bus for Durham School Services — the same as in the fatal crash — when he sideswiped an oncoming Kia Soul in September after crossing into oncoming traffic while attempting to negotiate a "blind curve," according to the crash report.

There were no injuries, according to the crash report, and children were seated in the rear rows.

No charges were filed in that incident, but a citation for failure to yield was issued. It was unclear if Durham took any action against Walker after that collision.
[....]
In a press conference Tuesday, the National Transportation Safety Board said Walker received his license to drive a school bus in April.

In the fatal crash, the bus was traveling at a "high rate of speed, well above the posted speed limit of 30 mph," police said this morning, based on witness statements and physical evidence.

Of the five deaths, interim Superintendent Kirk Kelly of the Hamilton County Department of Education told reporters this morning, three of the children were in fourth grade, one was in first grade, and the other was a kindergartner.

Four of the five were girls.

Six students remain in intensive care, but details have not been released. Dr. Darwin Koller of Erlanger Hospital said that some of the children were so young that they did not know their parents' names, replying "Mama" when asked.

The bus was carrying 37 children, from kindergartners to fifth-graders, from Woodmore Elementary School in Chattanooga when it crashed into a tree around 3:30 in the afternoon Monday, officials said.

According to an arrest affidavit, the bus was traveling on a "narrow winding road" when Walker lost control.

The bus left the road, "striking an elevated driveway and mailbox, swerved to the left and began to overturn," then ran into a telephone pole and a tree, according to the document.

Police said that Walker was arrested and that a warrant has been issued to remove the black box from the bus and review evidence on the bus's video cameras. Kelly said this morning the school would cooperate with the investigation.
[....]

driver yelled "are u all ready to die"

With a name like Johnthony, I have to wonder why he didn't crash into a tree sooner. It's a fucking shame he had to take these poor kids with him. What a nightmare. Parents send their kids to school expecting them to be safe. I hope the other kids pull through.

I do have to say though, his appearance of being "high" could just as easily be red eyes from crying. Just saying.

"drastic accident"

Seems a strange choice of words.

The school bus driver charged in connection with a crash that killed five children in Tennessee on Monday was involved in a separate bus collision two months ago, ABC News has learned.

And how much do you want to bet he wasn't asked to drop urine after that collision two months ago?

Victoria said:

"drastic accident"
Seems a strange choice of words.

I found the 'drastic accident' a strange choice of words as well for this guy and put it down as Moms choice of words in her description of what her son said in the brief call they shared before officers took his phone at the scene.

some of the children were so young that they did not know their parents' names, replying "Mama" when asked.

I guess I'm weird but one of the first things I taught my kids, when they were old enough, was our names, address and phone number. My oldest got it right away and the youngest had most of it, at least I was more than "Mommy" to him. Even at kindergarten age, they should know their mama and daddy's name and their address.

But they could have just been that traumatized, I don't wanna sound like I'm being holier than thou, cause I'm definitely not.

Back