• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Valasca

Death, horror, torture
I don't even know where to begin.
This bitch has disrupted the missing persons community.
As an advocate, I feel it is my duty to inform the public who are seeking help.
This woman MUST be stopped.

Pop some corn, grab a drink, and settle in for MAJOR DRAMA.

— It started yesterday with a “breaking” announcement about three missing persons’ cases: Jennifer Klein, Etan Patz, and Kurt Newton.

What followed was a strange YouTube video claiming to have solved these cases, with the assertion that a woman named Michelle Hooper is a “100% match” to missing Jennifer Klein.

Klein disappeared on May 25, 1974, while camping with her family in Moab, Utah.

Michelle Hopper claims she is the real Jennifer Klein, and was allegedly abducted and raised by a satanic cult. She also claims to have witnessed the abductions of Etan Patz and Kurt Newton, while riding their bicycles. In the video, Hopper claims that Etan Patz is still alive.

[...]
Since the YouTube “story” broke last evening, Victims News Online has been inundated with messages from missing persons’ advocates and families, who have all claimed to have been conned by Missing in America. Each person we spoke with asked that their names be withheld, claiming that they have been harassed by the organization when they attempted to disprove their claims.

We have text messages to families and advocates from this organization – and it’s founder, Nancy Schaefer, offering assistance on cases, with one request: money. Contributions, donations, etc., appear to be the common tone within all communications from this “organization”.

When pressed for specific evidence regarding the above-mentioned claims, families and advocates tell VNO they have been taunted and harassed by the organization.

We’ve told you what has happened regarding this situation. Here’s what hasn’t happened:

• No law enforcement agency overseeing these cases has made an announcement that the three missing individuals have been found
  • No one (other than those on the video) – including law enforcement – has seen the alleged DNA results
  • None of the families of these children have come forward to announce that their child(ren) have been found
  • No one has explained how this particular DNA test came back to a 100% match, when the highest probably of a DNA match is 99.9999%.
  • All three NamUs files are still open and accessible to the public
https://victimsnewsonline.com/2017/...missing-persons-cases-are-now-under-scrutiny/

few hours ago, the situation became even more heated when Missing in America – again – claimed to have confirmation that Michele Hooper’s DNA did not match that of Jennifer Klein’s. However, as in her YouTube videos and all social media claims, Nancy Schaefer failed to provide any source for her information, which only re-heated the already-sensitive matter.

This afternoon, Victims News Online received official confirmation from Todd Matthews, Director, Case Management and Communications, for the National Missing & Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) that the DNA was not a match:

On July, 20 2017 a representative of the Grand County Sheriff’s Office confirmed that Michele Hooper was excluded as a match for Jennifer Klein following DNA testing”, Matthews said.

Although many are now clamoring for charges to be filed against both Michele Hooper and Missing in America’s Nancy Schaefer, it is unclear if any will be pursued. From fraud to identity theft to the pure emotional torture for the families, many believe the two women intentionally concoted the story for pure greed.

Additionally, missing persons’ advocates from reputable organizations now fear this will harm their efforts moving forward to help the families of the missing, murdered, exploited and abused.
https://victimsnewsonline.com/2017/07/dna-excludes-woman-claiming-to-be-missing-jennifer-klein/

Here’s what we know so far from our investigation into Nancy Schaefer of ‘Missing in America’:

• She has no problem publicly belitting anyone who questions her – and that includes parents and loved ones of missing people
  • She is crude, vulgar, and has no professional etiquitte when it comes to the way she interacts with those who question her work
  • It was more important for Nancy to plaster ‘Missing in America’s’ name all over YouTube, claiming to have broken three cases wide open – than it was for her to pick up the phone and attempt to verify any of the claims she was making
  • Families have been abused, former volunteers from the organization have been targeted for speaking out against her, and money has exchanged hands multiple times over her 12 years in ‘business’
  • She works under multiple aliases, with dozens of e-mail addresses and cell phone numbers, and has a slew of false accounts on social media
  • She attacked the reputations of NamUs and NCMEC, without cause
  • She promised to shut down her organization, and was back up in a matter of 24 hours
  • This isn’t the first, second, or even third time she has done something like this
  • If not stopped, she will do this again
Nancy Schaefer and ‘Missing in America’ are poison to the missing persons’ community. The families of those three children she targeted last week were put through hell for nothing. Advocates who run legitimate organizations were suddenly defending their work because of Nancy’s actions. And a lot of families suffered delays in their own cases last week, while our team – and many others – worked overtime to shut that con down.

The damage has been done. The trust is no longer there. And I don’t care what you’re seeing on MIA’s Facebook page, I’m warning you now not to trust a single word.

Now, Nancy Schaefer, world class investigator for missing persons, will threaten to sue this paper again. Unfortunately, she is incapable of even getting our organization’s name right, and she obviously doesn’t know who owns our paper.

https://victimsnewsonline.com/2017/...k-at-it-again-do-not-trust-this-organization/

I put up a message on the missing persons page I run.
Several people have backed this up. One person said Schaefer has been living with the family of a missing child.
She DEMANDS money from families. She had 5 crowd funding pages. One is still open.
Problem is, the name Missing In America is also the name of a reputable community who never asks for money.
I'm still having a hard time figuring out which poster belongs to which organization.

So. This is my focus the last few days.
What's this say for other orgs who genuinely want to help?

Oh. She quite her job to pursue this full time.
Idiot.

This is so sad for the desperate families that get caught up with her! She needs to be investigated by the Feds for picking on these vulnerable people!

@lithiumgirl, in all likelihood, this line of work is probably not very lucrative if you're doing the right thing & using the money how you're supposed to. It's ripe for scammers, though.

One person said Schaefer has been living with the family of a missing child.
She DEMANDS money from families. She had 5 crowd funding pages. One is still open.

In 2016 she was living with the family of a child she helped find because she was evicted from her apartment for not paying rent. There's a new article were they raised money for her to get a place and instead she choose to "selflessly" put the money towards missing in america instead of pay rent. She gave up her own children to do this.

I've also seen at least 2 still active fundraisers. One of which she's been taking money out of claiming she paid thousands for hotel stay so those donations dont count towards the total..the other is run by the lady she went to stay with in 2016. That lady, according to the crowd funding page, is now the president and fundraiser for MiA.

http://nj1015.com/ive-lost-everything-says-nj-woman-devoted-to-missing-person-cases/

Dang. Of course I can't view or click 2 items you've posted.
Links went all weird for some reason. One is titled as "Fundraiser by Nancy Schaefer : Missing In America" and the other is "Support Missing in America". It you enter "Support Missing in America gofundme" in a google search both campaigns will show (first 2 results)

https://victimsnewsonline.com/2017/...missing-persons-cases-are-now-under-scrutiny/

https://victimsnewsonline.com/2017/07/dna-excludes-woman-claiming-to-be-missing-jennifer-klein/

https://victimsnewsonline.com/2017/...k-at-it-again-do-not-trust-this-organization/

Several people have backed this up. One person said Schaefer has been living with the family of a missing child.
Problem is, the name Missing In America is also the name of a reputable community who never asks for money.
I'm still having a hard time figuring out which poster belongs to which organization.

Idiot.

Idiot.

Nancy is back at it again. She's in Louisville, KY where I live and now looking for a member of MIA-Andrea Knabel. She's a complete psycho and pulling all the same exact bullshit here. Just look up the info and you will see again all the shit show she's putting on. No-one even really knows if this girl is even missing. I'm in a couple of groups that are sleuths and discussion groups if you'd like to join and share your experience.
Post automatically merged:

Nancy is back at it again. She's in Louisville, KY where I live and now looking for a member of MIA-Andrea Knabel. She's a complete psycho and pulling all the same exact bullshit here. Just look up the info and you will see again all the shit show she's putting on. No-one even really knows if this girl is even missing. I'm in a couple of groups that are sleuths and discussion groups if you'd like to join and share your experience.

Back