• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
The South Carolina Highway Patrol said they've charged a mother with felony DUI in connection to a fatal crash that took the lives of her 6-year-old twin boys.

According to highway patrol, the accident occurred shortly after 10 p.m. along Walhalla Highway.

Troopers say a BMW traveling north was attempting to pass another vehicle when it struck a KIA driving south head on. Troopers said the BMW overturned, and slid down the highway as a result of the crash.

According to highway patrol, the BMW traveling north held three people, an adult female driver, and two six-year-old children identified as Dylan and Camryn Clark .

Troopers say neither the driver nor children were wearing a seatbelt, and all three were ejected when the vehicle flipped.

Troopers say the driver of the KIA that was hit head on was wearing his seatbelt and was not injured in the crash.

The female driver was airlifted to Greenville Memorial Hospital. The two children in the vehicle with her were transported to separate hospitals, but both unfortunately succumbed to their injuries.

"Two 6-year-olds were killed when they were thrown from the backseat of a vehicle that crashed in Pickens County, according to troopers.

Officials said Jennifer Lynn Knox was driving a BMW on Highway 183 at about 10 p.m. The children were in the backseat, officials said.

Troopers said that, when Knox tried to pass a vehicle that was pulling a boat, her BMW crashed head-on into a 2014 Kia that was heading south on Highway 183 near Concord Church Road.

Troopers said the BMW overturned and slid down the highway on its roof. The BMW then hit a culvert and overturned again, causing Knox and the children to be thrown from the car, according to troopers.

They were not wearing seat belts, the coroner said.

The children died at the scene, troopers said.

Knox was airlifted to the hospital, according to troopers."

"Jennifer Knox has been charged with two counts of felony DUI involving death, child endangerment, two counts of child restraint violation, and seatbelt violation."

Last edited:
I saw a really bad accident right after work Friday. There was only one car ahead of me when I was merging onto the freeway. Suddenly, I heard metal crumpling and a black car flew up into the air and then came down and rolled over several times coming to rest in the grass next to the freeway. I had intended to take a farther exit but took the exit where it happened instead. I stopped my car and could see the airbag and a few small items that had ended up trapped between it and the window. Then I realized I had no idea what to do, so I went ahead and drove the short distance to the light. Surprisingly, under the overpass there were several police cars and officers, so someone else who had seen it pulled over and got their attention. Someone had called 911, because a firetruck sped by on the way to the closest access. I don't think it made the news, so I don't know how many people were in the car or injuries. I watch a lot of accidents on youtube and I feel like the car was trying to pass the utility truck and managed to hit it and flip instead. Only those two vehicles were involved. I never even see a fender bender, so I was surprised to almost have a front row seat to this spectacular accident. I wish I had a dash cam so I could look at the footage and see if I could figure out how it actually happened.

The South Carolina woman who was hospitalized after a car crash that killed her 6-year-old twin sons was released from a hospital Monday and locked up in the Pickens County Detention Center, according to jail records.

On Tuesday, Jennifer Lynn Knox was denied bond on multiple charges, WHNS reported.

The 38-year-old Seneca resident was charged with two counts of felony DUI resulting in death, two counts of child restraint violations, child endangerment and a seat belt violation, jail records show.

The South Carolina Highway Patrol said her twin sons, Dylan and Camryn Clark, were killed in a May 26 crash, after Knox tried to pass a vehicle pulling a boat and collided head-on with a KIA heading in the opposite direction, The State reported.

On the plus side my mom, a baby boomer, says we younger generations take drunk driving much more seriously than they ever did.

I have 3 sisters. Whenever one of us was pregnant or on antibiotics, the rest of us were delighted to have a designated driver.

Back