• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
One article says 3 months and one says 3 years
2ppbt5y.jpg
Sara Rae Walters​
Oceola Township-- A 34-year-old Oceola Township woman was arrested Friday on first degree child abuse and torture charges for the abuse of her 3-year-old stepgrandson.

Police said Sara Rae Walters caused more than 60 injuries to the boy, including subdural hematoma, which is a collection of blood on the surface of the brain. The boy also suffered superficial lacerations and contusions.

The Livingston County Sheriff's Department began an investigation in October after the boy was admitted to University of Michigan hospital Pediatric Intensive Care unit. Walters faces life in prison for the abuse and torture charges. She is in the Livingston County Jail.
[...]
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120203/METRO04/202030430/1015/rss04

/3/12 - A local woman has been charged in yet another disturbing child abuse case. The Livingston County Sheriff’s Department says 34 -year-old Sara Rae Walters was arrested and lodged in the Livingston County Jail on charges of 1st degree child abuse and torture following an extensive three month investigation. Sheriff Bob Bezotte tells WHMI the 3-month-old boy suffered the abuse at the hands of Walters, his step-grandmother, at their Oceola Township home. Bezotte says Walters was purposely taking the baby to a hospital outside of Livingston County on October 21st when he stopped breathing, so she pulled off on US-23 and called 911. Deputies arrived and noticed bruises and marks all over the baby’s body and called in EMS paramedics who revived the child and transported him to the hospital where he was found to have more than 60 different injuries including head trauma, a core body temperature of 88 degrees and numerous other superficial lacerations and contusions. Bezotte says the investigation took a while because there were so many people living inside the home and no one was cooperating but detectives were eventually able to put the case together. Bezotte says the baby is doing much better and was removed from the home and Child Protective Services is involved. He adds that the baby was actually a twin and apparently had more health complications and challenges than the other child who was not abused. Walters faces life in prison if convicted on the torture charge. [...]
http://whmi.com/news/article/13847

[MENTION=1529]ineedanap[/MENTION]
Glad I wasnt the only one like wtf when it stated she was a 34 y/o step grandmother. I can't stand anyone who can abuse a child to such an egregious degree. Hell I have trouble swatting my kid on the butt when he deliberately misbehaves. You just gotta be a cold hearted bitch to continually beat on a child until they end up broken beyond repair. A core temperature of 88 not to mention the other numerous wounds that child had to suffer and that baby still survived. Evil bitch. Gimme 5min with her in a locked room and I bet you she'll think twice before she touches anyone adult or child!

I interpreted it to mean she was the mother of a guy who married a woman with a baby from another man. Whatever. She wasn't alone with the baby, if I understand the article. There were many people in the household and the police were having trouble getting information from them. Apparently, they approve of abusing a 3 month old infant and one can only assume that includes the infant's mom. There is a flaw in the lineages found in that home, and they all need to be excised from the gene pool.

Bezotte says the investigation took a while because there were so many people living inside the home and no one was cooperating.......

......the baby was actually a twin and apparently had more health complications and challenges than the other child who was not abused

I wonder if any of the uncooperative tards from the home will show up here defending her, as they clearly thought what she did was OK, and decided she didn't need to face the music for what she had done.

And poor baby was a twin with health problems. Clearly that made him not as lovable or as worthy of care as the healthy child. He was too much trouble, so he got beat for it.

I know the other twin wasn't abused (yet) but I hope it was removed too. (saying 'it' 'cos don't know the gender) It might be on the receiving end if it gets colic, or when teething starts.

An Oceola Township woman was given the maximum prison sentence possible for abusing her then-2-year-old stepgrandson.

Sara Rae Walters, 36, was ordered to spend 10-15 years in prison for first-degree child abuse for causing more than 60 injuries to the boy, who suffered extensive bruising and abrasions to his face, hands, arms, penis, legs, torso and buttocks.

"The judge imposed the sentence demanded by the facts of this case," Livingston County Prosecutor Wil-liam Vailliencourt said.

Assistant Prosecutor Daniel Rose, who handled the case, said: "Her vile and depraved actions toward a defenseless little 2-year-old boy violate the principles that define us as human beings.

"A person that commits such depraved acts forfeits the right to walk freely amongst us in society," he added. "To torment such a young child to the brink of death and to impregnate his young mind with a lifetime of struggle over matters central to the core of his being calls for the maximum sentence."

Circuit Judge Michael P. Hatty, who was reportedly so emotional he had to leave the bench during the hearing, exceeded state sentencing guidelines, which called for a minimum sentence of three years to five years in prison.

Police said the victim and his twin brother began living with Walters and her husband, who reportedly did not want to care for the twins, Oct. 11, 2011. Ten days later, the victim was admitted to the University of Michigan Medical Center in Ann Arbor after Walters "noticed something was wrong" with the child, according to court documents.

Doctors there discovered the boy's injuries and told authorities that the child's injuries were indications of severe abuse.

Authorities said Walters caused more than 60 injuries to the boy, but family members said the boy suffered 80 or more injuries "from head to toe." The boy's injuries included a subdural hematoma, superficial lacerations and contusions.

Family members also said Walters left cigarette burns on the child's face and that he was sodomized.

Police said the boy also had a body temperature of a 88 degrees when he was admitted to the hospital, but family members said the body temperature was around 77 degrees.
http://www.livingstondaily.com/article/20130322/NEWS01/303220323

I wonder if any of the uncooperative tards from the home will show up here defending her, as they clearly thought what she did was OK, and decided she didn't need to face the music for what she had done.

And poor baby was a twin with health problems. Clearly that made him not as lovable or as worthy of care as the healthy child. He was too much trouble, so he got beat for it.

I know the other twin wasn't abused (yet) but I hope it was removed too. (saying 'it' 'cos don't know the gender) It might be on the receiving end if it gets colic, or when teething starts.
Not only are the asshole uncooperative, but they let it happen, no one stopped her
They should all get jail time and the father should be hung

Back