• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Dakota

FORUM BITCH / Beloved Cunt
Bold Member!
10cntw4.jpg
v8fzfn.jpg
The first time, the death of an 11-day-old baby girl while sleeping with her mother was ruled a tragedy and an accident, authorities said.

But the second time a child of Sara Mynatt, 27, died while allegedly sleeping with her — this time, a 4-month-old boy — prosecutors charged her with reckless homicide.

Criminal Court Judge Richard Baumgartner set an Oct. 15 hearing on whether details from the death of Mynatt’s first child would be admissible at her trial.

Mynatt is accused of rolling over on 4-month-old Jaden Jerman on Oct. 28, 2007, while Mynatt was sleeping.

The first child, 11-day-old Lily Mynatt, died Feb. 3, 2006. The death was ruled as accidental asphyxiation by the Knox County medical examiner, said Assistant District Attorney General Steve Sword, who is prosecuting the case.

Since then, Mynatt has had a third child, and the Department of Children’s Services took the baby from Mynatt at the hospital and placed it in foster care, said her attorney, Assistant Knox County Public Defender Bob Edwards.

Mynatt also is known as Sara McCurry.

Edwards said he is awaiting results of a sleep study that will show whether the woman has a neurological disorder, “nocturnal seizures,â€￾ that is causing a sleep problem.

“The accusation is (Mynatt) slept with the babies in bed, but we’re not ready to admit that,â€￾ Edwards said.
http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2009/jun/11/woman-charged-second-baby-death/

her MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/saralee1982
She does have pictures of her latest baby. She may have taken the pictures during foster care visits???? (I HOPE)
She has tats on her feet for the babies that passed away.

Possible they died of suffocation. Look at her. She's large. And if she's a heavy sleeper, she could roll right over them.

10cntw4.jpg
v8fzfn.jpg
http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2009/jun/11/woman-charged-second-baby-death/

her MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/saralee1982
She does have pictures of her latest baby. She may have taken the pictures during foster care visits???? (I HOPE)
She has tats on her feet for the babies that passed away.

Come again? She had three....all of them seem to have her last name and no mention of fathers. How could she get 1-3 guys to even look at her let alone impregnate her? Yuck! :dontknow:

Last edited:
Too true.
This is why i need to take over the world. Everyone should have a license to have children. The flaw in my plan is that I have no clue what to do with the law breakers.
(With my strict rulings for getting a license, I also would never have children.)

Too true.
This is why i need to take over the world. Everyone should have a license to have children. The flaw in my plan is that I have no clue what to do with the law breakers.
(With my strict rulings for getting a license, I also would never have children.)

Haha. I got your back on this one. Everyone should have to take a parent's ed course! :rofl:

Well I'm gonna say it cuz it won't get out of my head. I'm glad she didn't eat the babies.

HAAAAAAAA! That's hilarious!

Unfortunately, those poor babies probably did suffer though. I understand the desire to co-sleep....but I've never had it. I love my kids and I love the time I bond with them when they wake up at night, but when they started sleeping through the night...it was some of the happiest days of my life. I just don't see how any of the positives to it could possibly outweigh ALL of the negatives. Co-sleeping is not only dangerous, as evident in this case, but it's a hard habit to break from what I understand. Once again, I love my kids, but I do NOT want my 6-year old sleeping in my bed.

So I looked over her myspace again...and she's married, so that answers my question. 1 guy impregnated her...but that really doesn't get the real question out of my head.....WHY?

I have nothing against fat women. I used to be one. But why would a woman this large think it is okay to cosleep with an 11 day old infant and then again with a 4 month old boy. If the first time really was a tragic accident i would think if i were in her shoes i would never place another baby in bed with me. (course i never would have co slept with the first one.)

i hope she is never allowed to suffocate another innocent child with her fat ass!!!!
What a way to go. RIP little ones may you be in a safe place now.

This is baby Jaden. An absolute vision. I would bet that is her mother with baby boy. He was so adorable. How is it that so many woman cannot see the beauty for their eyes and guard, and cherish that gift? Rest in peace baby Lily and brother Jaden....little angels.

m_ce3380d863aa497fa285feacc7ee573e.jpg
m_2426987bc985450d9de81f750a2c465e.jpg
m_f4f095c7dc564620a5a7c263b054929b.jpg
m_88f84ac507514830bb74ce423203eb1b.jpg

l_d4b377555362423284f79632523711-1.jpg

Sara McCurry, who also has been identified as Sara Mynatt, pleaded guilty Thursday in Knox County Criminal Court to reckless homicide in the October 2007 death of her 4-month-old son Jaden Jerman.

Assistant Public Defender Bob Edwards convinced Assistant District Attorney General Steve Sword that 27-year-old McCurry had suffered enough punishment for putting Jaden in her bed knowing that, just 20 months before, she had rolled over on her 11-day-old daughter and smothered her.

As part of a plea deal, Judge Richard Baumgartner sentenced McCurry to two years of probation.

Sword said McCurry smothered daughter Lily Mynatt in February 2006 by rolling over on the newborn in her sleep. That death was ruled accidental, and McCurry was warned of the dangers of allowing a baby to sleep with her in her bed, he said.

In October 2007, McCurry phoned 911 with a claim that baby Jaden had stopped breathing after being placed in a swing by her mother, Sword said. She later phoned authorities to confess that her mother had awakened her after discovering McCurry atop the baby in bed, he said.
[...]

Records filed in the case indicate McCurry suffers a slew of mental health woes and a possible sleeping disorder.
http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2009/oct/16/sons-death-nets-probation/

Probation? I think she should get a chastity belt.

Over the past many years we slept with all our nursing infants and our kids came and went as they pleased. Many cats and kittens and puppies have spent time in our bed too. With the babies we were careful not to have extra pillows or loose stuff on the bed but never even considered that they could be injured. I don't know if I even believe that it is possible to accidently roll over on an infant and smother it. Might have to go research this...

If this woman was taking medication to help her sleep, was drunk, had seizures or another medical problem and did this anyway, I don't know what to think, except that she must be stupid.

Even with a serious case of stupid why didn't she "get it" after the first time? This is all so suspicious.

Last edited:
I slept with my kid and she isn't yet 5 has been out of my bed for about 2 years now. Needless to say she is alive and well! :proud2:

Maybe she missed all the attention from the first time around. I damn sure wouldn't have done it twice. I removed the fluffy stuff from our bed as well and had tight fitting sheets. I also learned that I can sleep in one position all night long but it sucks.

I am an insane mom and even switched which way I turned her head so it wouldn't get flat anywhere though. Seriously.

I agree it is suspicious, but it did say they believe she has a sleep disorder so maybe she IS just stupid!

ETA: I also have had tons of pets in the bed too, but even the cats were more capable of suffocating me, than I them. We won't talk about our recently adopted dog that is 80-85 pounds at ten months old. YIKES!!!

It's not an issue of co-sleeping. It's an issue of irresponsibility and wanton disregard. Also, why is Jaden such a popular name among the baby-killin' set?

Okay... First of all I am a "Big Girl"/"Fat"/"Heavy"/ etc.... I have been for about oh... 5 years + now.

Second, I have co-slept with 2 of my 3 children. I didn't roll on them (1 fell out of bed once but that was it), I didn't suffocate them, nothing. Co-sleeping is actually a great bonding experience and is wonderful for nursing mothers. My kids were both out of my bed well before 14 months. I loved it. I believe in it. The USA is one of the few countries in the entire world where little ones sleep in their own "beds".

If this woman was drunk, under the influence, etc, I can understand charges. The first was an accident, I can understand that. The second she should've been far more careful and used proper bedding and such (especially after the first).

I am a big too, have been all my life, and I also had my oldest son sleep with me for just a few months. the reason he went back to his bed is because he is a bed hog. The closer he cuddled to me the further over I moved and by morning he had the whole bed and I was hanging on by my toenails. I am a light sleeper and I don't understand being able to sleep thru everything but especially thru rolling over on a baby!! :argh: A mouse sneezes next door and I hear it which is why I don't sleep any better than I do now!!

You aren't technically supposed to co sleep if you drink, take meds or smoke. Somehow I bet Gangstariffic did all three.

I am so judgmental.

Back