• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Ricky Carter, 28, told a psychologist last month that he blew up the Paris home where he caused the death of a toddler because he had no other means of killing himself, according to the man's mental evaluation.

"In light of the available information, I do not believe Mr. Carter's mental state was substantially impaired by a mental disease or defect at the time of the alleged offenses," clinical psychologist Melissa Dannacher wrote in her report dated Oct. 15.

Dannacher also concluded in the report that Carter had the ability to appreciate the criminality of his behavior, had the capacity to act lawfully and had "the capacity to form the culpable mental state required to establish an element of the offenses charged."

Carter is accused in the Dec. 21 death of 2-year-old Ryatt Reese, the son of Carter's girlfriend Julie Haney. Carter was watching the child while Haney worked a night job.

Carter told police that Ryatt had become sick and threw up twice and that he cleaned up the child each time.

Ryatt usually would lie down by himself to be changed, but that night he was giving Carter trouble, so Carter yanked Ryatt by the ankles and the child fell back, hitting his head on the floor.

Ryatt lost consciousness and Carter's attempts at cardiopulmonary resuscitation -- which he didn't know how to do properly -- were unsuccessful, according to reports.

"'Once I come to terms with, you know, he's dead, just wanted to kill myself. Didn't have a pistol or a gun, you know. Didn't have anything to hang myself with. I don't know. It just popped in my head, blow yourself up,'" he said in the report.

Afterward, Carter told police the explosion was an accident and occurred when he went to light a cigarette. When police told him his story was improbable, he said he caused the explosion in an attempt to cover up Ryatt's death, even though he maintained that the child's death was an accident.
https://www.arkansasonline.com/news/2018/oct/24/in-mental-exam-man-called-blast-suicide/
1543294445584.png

Last edited:
I'm fucking tired of reading "was watching the child while mom worked". Really, really sick of it. How fugly is mom that she settled for him at all much less to let him watch her kid. How'd that work out for you, bitch?

I'm fucking tired of reading "was watching the child while mom worked". Really, really sick of it. How fugly is mom that she settled for him at all much less to let him watch her kid. How'd that work out for you, bitch?
Not only that...what's this fuckers job? Obviously not demolitions expert...

He had nothing to hang himself with? What did he wear velcro shoes? Shoelaces buddy, shoelaces. Or slit your own throat. Blowing the house up must have been his greatest imaginative moment ever.

If he wants, I can help him with my MacGuyver suicide seminar and show him many creative ways to kill himself with minimal means using whatever is at hand. I'm helpful that way.

Jun 19, 2019
A Paris man pleaded no contest to first-degree murder in the death of a 2-year-old, and arson last week and was sentenced to 30 years in the Arkansas Department of Correction for each offense.

The plea agreement calls for the sentences to run concurrently.

Ricky Lee Carter, 29, was arrested after admitting to investigators he caused Ryatt Reese to fall to his death on Dec. 21, 2017, and subsequently caused a gas explosion in the Paris home where the death occurred.

In an affidavit, Carter told Arkansas State Police investigators he grabbed Reese by the ankles and pulled him toward the bed he was sitting on after Reese threw up twice. An affidavit states that Carter told State Police that Reese “fell back onto his head and began to shake” after he was pulled.

The doctor performing Reese’s autopsy at the Arkansas State Crime Laboratory told investigators that Reese’s death was a homicide caused by traumatic abdomen and head injuries, the affidavit states.

Carter told State Police that he attempted CPR on Reese “for a long time.” He said he “did not know what to do” and decided to place Reese on the bed and turn on the gas at the rear of the residence, the affidavit states.

Carter said he let the gas run for about 45 minutes and then ignited his lighter in the residence’s kitchen, the affidavit states.
Carter, during his forensic evaluation in September 2018, said he caused the explosion in the house to kill himself because he regretted his actions.

“It just popped in my head, blow yourself up, you know,” he said in the evaluation.

Carter, in the evaluation, said he sat on a bed next to Reese until he could smell gas and then struck a lighter without thinking about the other children in the house. He said the force of the explosion slammed him to the floor, and that the police were there soon after.

Carter was found mentally competent to stand trial in October 2018. Forensic examiners noted Carter reported “on and off” methamphetamine and heroin use throughout his life and multiple arrests on suspicion of domestic violence and child abuse, the report states.

Examiners assessed from the evaluation that although Carter could have one or multiple personality disorders, such conditions don’t normally rise to the level of a mental disease. Officials also believed Carter had the ability to comprehend his actions when he committed them, the report states.

1586484667843.png

Back