• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A South Carolina man allegedly shot his cousin after warning him not to eat his salt and vinegar potato chips.

Ryan Dean Langdale, 19, alerted the Colleton County Sheriff's Office to an accidental shooting at his home in South Carolina, on September 29.

The suspect told authorities that his 17-year-old cousin accidentally shot himself when he dropped his hunting rifle while cleaning it.

The cousin initially corroborated the details before he was rushed to a local hospital for a life-saving surgery.

But the two accounts didn't match up with the evidence, Major J.W. Chapman said.

'We knew from the beginning that something wasn't right,' he said to the Post and Courier. 'The more we looked into it, the more it seemed odd.'

Chapman said the route the bullet traveled would have made it 'impossible' for the victim to shoot himself in the chest.

And a week later, when Langdale's cousin woke up at the Trident Medical Center, he informed authorities that his cousin shot him during a dispute over salt and vinegar chips.

'Do not touch my chips, or I'll shoot you,' Langdale said, according to the police report.

The man allegedly went into a back room and grabbed a rifle, pointing it at his cousin.

'The next thing he knew, the rifle went off,' the report stated.

Langdale is said to have pressured his cousin into lying about what actually happened.

He is also accused of having switched out the rifle, with another, so that he could cover up what happened.

Langdale has been charged with attempted murder, using a firearm in a violent crime and obstructing justice for shooting his 17-year-old cousin.

According to Chapman, salt and vinegar chips are a hot commodity in the area. The victim said that he never ate the chips.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...7-year-old-cousin-bag-salt-vinegar-chips.html
1539281745010.png

I can see my 11 year old doing this to his brothers. Nothing comes between him and salt-n-vinegar potato chips.

Meh, the kid got off easy.
If it had been a ol' big bag of Tom's salt and vinegar, I'd have beaten the kid to death with my cane.

I can see my 11 year old doing this to his brothers. Nothing comes between him and salt-n-vinegar potato chips.

Brothers are a law unto themselves. My two oldest boys are a year apart. One year at high school, the school put them in a class together. Lasted three days then I got called to the school because they fought in class. Took five teachers to separate them.
The teachers were so shocked, saying ‘They were just so violent! It was very frightening!’

I just looked at them like they were idiots. Who puts brothers in a class together? Who is shocked at the intensity when brothers throw down?

(The older one had filled the younger ones school bag with dirt and pissed in it)

:sorry:

I broke my sister's collarbone over a jar of marshmallow fluff.

Well. Let me clarify... We were teenagers... I was on the phone eating fluff from the jar. I was dodging my sister as she tried to get a spoonful. She was SO pissed that I wouldn't share my fluff! I was tormenting her with it "mmmmm it's delicious and fluffy and MINE. HAHAAAA"
(I have always had a quirk about sharing stuff with spoons?? And her spoon was already in her mouth. Nope)

She got mad and threw her spoon at me from across the kitchen. It hit me under my right eye and split my cheek . (I still have a slight scar) :rage: That bitch!!!

I was on the phone... It was one of those old school Sony cordless phones with the fat nubby antenna. Hahahahaa.
It was an instant reaction, to grab it by the antenna and swing it at her. At the last second before the phone connected with her face, she ducked and I hit her collarbone.

I had a black eye and a small gash on my swollen cheek, she had a broken collarbone and had to have her arm strapped to her midsection.
We were at a restaurant a few days later and some old lady asked if we were in an accident... we still laugh about her reaction when we told her we fought over fluff.

Well. Let me clarify... We were teenagers... I was on the phone eating fluff from the jar. I was dodging my sister as she tried to get a spoonful. She was SO pissed that I wouldn't share my fluff! I was tormenting her with it "mmmmm it's delicious and fluffy and MINE. HAHAAAA"
(I have always had a quirk about sharing stuff with spoons?? And her spoon was already in her mouth. Nope)

She got mad and threw her spoon at me from across the kitchen. It hit me under my right eye and split my cheek . (I still have a slight scar) :rage: That bitch!!!

I was on the phone... It was one of those old school Sony cordless phones with the fat nubby antenna. Hahahahaa.
It was an instant reaction, to grab it by the antenna and swing it at her. At the last second before the phone connected with her face, she ducked and I hit her collarbone.

I had a black eye and a small gash on my swollen cheek, she had a broken collarbone and had to have her arm strapped to her midsection.
We were at a restaurant a few days later and some old lady asked if we were in an accident... we still laugh about her reaction when we told her we fought over fluff.
I understand.
I'd fuck up bitch up over a box of peeps too.

I tried to stab my sister because she kicked me in the head in a fight over the TV— only time in my life I’ve literally seen red. I actually scared myself! But she’s also not as big a bitch now. :joyful:

I'm feeling blessed to have been an only child!
Don't. You missed out on lots of fun amongst the chaos that is the sibling relationship. I was the youngest with 5 older sisters. I always wanted a brother, but I wouldn't trade my sisters for anything.

Back