• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

staysblazed_xo

♥ ⁴²⁰ queen ♥
A man and his parents worked together to cover up the son’s shooting of a former family friend at their Bound Brook home last month, authorities say.

Authorities say Ryan Keogh shot Coulanges around 5:30 or 6 p.m. at his parents’ home on Farm Lane in Bound Brook. Neighbors reported hearing the shots in that time frame. Keogh left the property after that time, Robertson said.

Cindy Keogh did not make a 911 call until after 7:30 p.m.

Responders performed aid but Coulanges later died at a hospital. His family was not notified of his death until the next day.

Ryan Keogh, 28, and his parents Cindy Keogh, 61, and David Keogh, 58, were all charged Thursday, Somerset County Prosecutor Michael Robertson said in a news statement.

Ryan Keogh is charged with first-degree murder, a weapons charge, hindering an investigation, endangering an injured victim and false swearing.

His parents are each charged with hindering investigation, endangering an injured victim and false swearing.

Ryan Keogh, found guilty by a jury in April of murdering Terrence C. Coulanges on Jan. 9, 2019 in Bound Brook, was sentenced on Friday to 50 years in state prison without parole by Superior Court Judge Peter Tober.

"I am not a cold, calculated killer," Keogh told the judge before he was sentenced. "God knows I am not guilty."
The sentencing came after the judge turned down a request by Keogh's lawyers to overturn the verdict and order a new trial because of testimony in the 25-day trial by a jailhouse informant, Barrick Wesley.

Somerset County Assistant Prosecutor Frank Kolodzieski told the judge that even without Wesley's testimony, the jury would have found Keogh guilty.

Back