• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Russian police announced last week that they are reopening an investigation into the mysterious deaths of nine students who died in 1959 during a ski trip.

The deaths, known as the Dyatlov Pass Incident, have long sparked conspiracy theories surrounding what happened to the students.

Alexander Kurennoi, the official representative of Russia’s prosecutor general, made the announcement, the Australian Broadcasting Corporation reported.

"All of [the deaths] are somehow connected with natural phenomena," he said.

"Relatives, the media and the public still ask prosecutors to determine the truth and don't hide their suspicions that something was hidden from them,” he continued.

The incident began when the students went on a skiing trip across the Ural Mountains in January 1959. They were led by Igor Dyatlov, a student at Ural Polytechnic Institute, and the group -- in all, seven men and two women -- started off on what they hoped would be a 16-day journey.

Full Story:

I'm glad they reopened the case. It never made sense. However, they seem absolutely definite that the cause was natural and weather related. I think they should have a more open mind, and see where the evidence leads.

Last edited:
The movie in question is trash.

This is Russia, any hope for honesty with anything the govt does is idiotic. This is all pointless.

Havent read up on it in a long time, but was there any reason why an avalanche isnt a very, even most, likely possibility? The broken bones, crushed skulls, distance the various bodies were from one another, even the victim that had bitten off their own tongue, could all be caused by an avalanche. Even the fact they were partially clothed isnt THAT weird. Who wants to sleep in all your winter gear? Makes sense to strip down and keep warm inside your sleeping bag or whatever youre using. Avalanche hits your tent then, youre in the elements without a coat.

I'm rather familiar with this story and all the talk of Yeti, howling winds that drive people mad, parachute bombs, UFOs, radioactive weapons, and attack of Mansi, none of those nonsense theories give a complete explanation of all that was found. The truth is normally not so fantastic, the video below gives the most plausible account of what happened.

You gave up when it was all about to come together in a monumental plot twist. The ending made the movie, imho, and made some of the previous stuff make sense.
Now I am going to have to go back and watch it. The part where she opens the guys mouth to see if his tongue was there... that was awesome! The sound it made!

Back