• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
full

A Russian mother allegedly threw her daughter from a ninth-floor window before jumping herself - but both mother and child survived the fall.

The 21-year-old woman, who cannot be named, is accused of dropping her two-year-old child 88 feet from a block of flats in Ufa, southern Russia.

She is said to have jumped herself after throwing her daughter, but both of them landed on a snowdrift and survived.

The mother has been charged with attempted murder and faces up to five years in prison if she is found guilty.

According to the woman's relatives, she was in a very bad mood on the day of the incident.

Her sister-in-law said: 'She was very nervous and tense. She was throwing tantrums and shouting at me all morning.

'We were getting ready for taking the child to a clinic for a routine medical examination and quarrelled in the process.

'At one point I went to the kitchen leaving them [the mother and the toddler] in the bedroom alone and hoping she would calm down a bit.

'Several minutes after, I came back and saw that the room was empty. I rushed to the open window, looked out and saw them both lying in the street.'
'We pulled the toddler out of the snow carefully as the mother was lying beside and crying out in pain.'

The girl was rushed to hospital in the intensive care unit.

Unfortunately the mom survived too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back