• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Podargus

Reality Bites
He was aquitted November, 2015 after a retrial.

ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) - Dateline NBC aired a report on a Missouri man who was acquitted in November of his wife's brutal murder. Many people want to know more about the case.

A FOX 2 reporter broke the story about Russ Faria's murder trial. Chris Hayes award winning work on this case brought it to the national spotlight. He was the only reporter at Faria's first trial.

http://fox2now.com/2016/01/22/the-real-story-behind-the-russ-faria-case-featured-on-dateline-nbc/

Pamela Hupp, a woman associated with this case, has been arrested and charged for murder in another case, in which she attempts to implicate Russ Faria. Crazy shit.

Link to the Pam Hutt thread. They'll probably need to be merged soon.

http://www.dreamindemon.com/communi...r-murder-again-didnt-work-out-that-way.86779/

Last edited:
2mqrls0.jpg

I stumbled across this case today that's related to another thread here. I just updated the Betsy Faria thread with the info that Russ Faria was released on a defense argument that Pam Hupp was an equally likely suspect in the murder of his wife. She being the last known person to see Betsy on the day she died.

So Ms Hupp apparently wanted revenge, or possibly needed to shift the focus away from her hideous self, and found a patsy. Louis Gumpenberger, 33, took her up on an offer to reenact a 911 phone call concerning the death of Mrs Faria. For $900 cash. She told him it was for a Dateline special.

Police allege that Pam Hupp gave Louis the cash, then called 911 faking an assault/break-in and blasted him multiple times til he was dead. They also believe the victim was picked at random. Her masterful plan included stuffing a note in the victim's pocket with instructions to kidnap and kill her, and written in a way to implicate Russ Faria.

After her arrest, Hupp stabbed herself with a pen and has since recovered and is held in jail. The next hearing in the case is set for Nov. 30.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_fb023f64-8a5e-54f4-8f06-c7487ae703ec.html

This is the link to the Betsy Faria case thread. It may well turn out that this psycho was her murderer too.

http://www.dreamindemon.com/communi...-she-fought-breast-cancer-for-her-life.52295/
[doublepost=1479637356,1479635943][/doublepost]This is getting interesting now. Questions over the death of her mother.

Police are asking the public to provide new information on the death of Pamela Hupp's mother.

Hupp's mother Shirley Neumann died in October of 2013. She was living at the Lakeview Park Senior Living Facility in Fenton at the time.

Police say Hupp was the last person to see Neumann alive, dropping her off at the facility after a brief hospital stay. Hupp reportedly told staff that Neumann would not be down for dinner or breakfast.

http://www.kmov.com/story/32851345/...formation-on-the-death-of-pamela-hupps-mother

Last edited:
Killing over $900.00

amateur.

The money was hers. She planted it on him, or gave it to him before she killed him, to make it look like Russ had given him the money to get her. This isn't about money.

I just read in the article below, that there was a civil case between Pam Hupp and the daughters of the Faria's. Going to see what I can find.

Pam Hupp`s stories were key in Lincoln County`s case against Russ Faria. In the second trial, jurors heard evidence pointing to Pam Hupp as a possible suspect. Russ was exonerated.

His attorney Joel Schwartz said, 'They were treating Pam Hupp as if she were a rock star and part of their prosecution team.'

While every other witness in that trial had to use the front courthouse door and go through metal detectors, Pam Hupp was led in and out of a secured door, away from our cameras.

Schwartz added, 'The entire Lincoln County force, as well as the prosecution team, seemed to sympathize with her as well as protect her from day one.'

Russ said, 'I was shocked. I`m like I haven`t had any dealings with this woman at all. You covered the civil trial between her and Betsy`s daughters and yeah I was there, but other than that I don`t run into her on the street, I don`t run into her in the store and if I did I`d turn around and run the other way.'

http://fox2now.com/2016/08/31/exclusive-russ-farias-first-interview-since-the-arrest-of-pam-hupp/
[doublepost=1479640149,1479639601][/doublepost]Sheesh. This complicated. There was a Dateline story about this case only a few nights ago. I can't watch it, but I just read a summary.

Hupp was Betsy's friend. She had somehow convinced Betsy to sign over a life insurance policy to pay out to her. It did. Betsy's kids sued for it, and lost. Hupp kept the money.

And she was the star witness for the prosecution of Russ Faria.

This is crazy. WTF were the cops and prosecution thinking?

The Dateline story. Apt title. 'Stranger Than Fiction'

http://www.nbc.com/dateline/video/stranger-than-fiction/3425244

Last edited:
Not only found guilty of the brutal murder of his wife at the first trial, he also bore the stigma of killing her while she was fighting cancer. Poor bastard.

They say she was terminal anyway.

The prosecutor, Leah Askey has been implicated in some sordid accusations by her ex husband, that include the trial of Russ Faria.

The goal, the suit alleges, was to see what information her ex-husband had about a controversial Lincoln County murder case.

Part of that case, the prosecution of Russell Faria in the death of his wife in 2011, included an allegation that Leah Askey had an affair with one of the police investigators. The suit says that she was concerned about what information her ex had about that, and what he had communicated to others, including Faria’s lawyer.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_3c7db2f8-ddc0-59e4-b31b-9f1bec116570.html

This story is deep.

I've been trying to sort this out.
:eek:
My god. this was a travesty of justice.

And leading her in and out in a private door to the court house. fuck. I bet that stroked her ego.

Its so obvious she's the killer, how the fuck did all that get so twisted up?
[doublepost=1479651058,1479650560][/doublepost]I'm going to have to figure out how to watch that dateline video.

Pam Hupp is a classic narcissistic sociopath who believes the rules simply don't apply to her. The creepiest part of the Dateline episode was where she was being interrogated about being the beneficiary in Betsy Faria's will, and she was like, "Um...if I really wanted a windfall, I'd have offed my mom." A few years later, well...sho' nuff.

Pam Hupp is a classic narcissistic sociopath who believes the rules simply don't apply to her. The creepiest part of the Dateline episode was where she was being interrogated about being the beneficiary in Betsy Faria's will, and she was like, "Um...if I really wanted a windfall, I'd have offed my mom." A few years later, well...sho' nuff.

I think she killed her mum........ :penguin:
It was only 4 months after this interview that her mum, overloaded on Ambien, somehow "fell" through a balustrade to her death.

Hupp told the Sergeant that her mother was a reason why she could not have killed Betsey Faria.

Pam Hupp said, "I really hate to say it. If I wanted money, my mom`s worth a half a million that I get when she dies. My mom has dementia and doesn`t half the time know who we are. She`s been living alone in a condo. And I know that sounds really morbid and stuff like that. But I am a life insurance person. If I really wanted money, there was an easier way than trying to combat somebody (Betsey) that`s physically stronger than me. I`m just saying."

Four months after the interview Hupp's mom, Shirley Neumann who was 77, fell to her death on Halloween. She went through a third floor balcony of a Fenton senior living community.

.http://fox2now.com/2016/09/12/in-her-own-words-pam-hupp-on-her-mothers-fatal-fall/

Reported to merge:spy:

Um, why? There is no charge concerning Betsy Faria yet.

Last edited:
I think, after killing Betsy Faria, Pam Hupp got hungry for more money and planned her mother's murder. Yes, she definitely is a narcissistic sociopath. Not only did she want the money, though, I think she started to crave the satisfaction of planning, committing, and getting away with murder. And pinning it on someone else-- even better. This twat's a real gem, that's fo' sho'.

I think, after killing Betsy Faria, Pam Hupp got hungry for more money and planned her mother's murder. Yes, she definitely is a narcissistic sociopath. Not only did she want the money, though, I think she started to crave the satisfaction of planning, committing, and getting away with murder. And pinning it on someone else-- even better. This twat's a real gem, that's fo' sho'.

And she did it all while being protected and revered by the prosecution team. It's going to be hard for the county to live this down.

If it all pans out the way it's looking, then the prosecution need to accept responsibility for at least 2 murders.

Stranger than fiction.

@Podargus you reminded me! The prosecutor's office- that Leah Askey, is that right? -- she seems like a real twat. Almost like... An accomplice perhaps? That might be taking it too far, but as we've seen already... STRANGER THAN FICTION! ;)

Also, and I can't believe no one else has mentioned this yet, ARE THOSE MAXI PADS ON HER NECK?!

Damned sure looks like what she's got around her neck, but at first look I thought she was a man. Maybe she thinks they're giant band aids.o_O

It's mindblowing the prosecution didn't consider how likely a suspect this bitch is. Some folks in that office deserve to lose their jobs over this one, how fucking embarrassing for your rock star witness to end up being the fucking culprit.

@Podargus you reminded me! The prosecutor's office- that Leah Askey, is that right? -- she seems like a real twat. Almost like... An accomplice perhaps? That might be taking it too far, but as we've seen already... STRANGER THAN FICTION! ;)

Also, and I can't believe no one else has mentioned this yet, ARE THOSE MAXI PADS ON HER NECK?!

They probably are. She stabbed herself in the neck with a pen after being left alone in the interview room, AFAIK.

And yep. Leah Ashley. Her ex husband is currently suing her for illegally accessing data from his mobile phone. He alleges that she was having an affair with one of the police investigators during the trial of Russ Faria. I linked it in the Betsy Faria thread.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_3c7db2f8-ddc0-59e4-b31b-9f1bec116570.html

Lots of icky about this case. It will make a best seller for sure.

Last edited:
Yes, prosecutor Leah Askey is shady AF. WTF does Pammy have on her? Threatening to spill the beans that Askey was cheating on her ex-hubby?

I feel truly awful for Russ Faria. I hate lawsuits for astronomical sums, but I hope he sues and gets kajillions.

He is suing.

Faria spent 41 months and 12 days behind bars, the suit says.

The lawsuit names Askey as well as Lincoln County sheriff’s detectives Michael Merkel and Patrick Harney, and Ryan McCarrick, a former sergeant there. McCarrick now works for the Florissant Police Department.

Askey said Tuesday night she was not aware of the suit but stands behind the work of the investigators. “We fought for justice for Betsy Faria,” she said. “We did it ethically. I look forward to continuing to do our jobs regardless of any civil suit.”

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_5e889683-79d7-5014-9d13-1213be5c7ac9.html

Fun information about WHY she was arrested and how they came to believe she poorly attempted to frame a (now dead) stranger (for the death of Betsy Faria, which she had become a suspect in since the victim's husband was released from prison).

The $900, in $100 bills, found on Gumpenberger were in subsequent sequence to a $100 bill located in her bedroom dresser (but he was a complete stranger, a supposed home intruder whom she killed after he approached her in her driveway).

She (supposedly) planted a note in his pocket that mentioned Russ.

Another woman says this crazy bitch claimed to be a Dateline NBC producer and wanted to interview her about 911 calls, but got the heebie jeebies and threatened to call the cops on her cell if whacko didn't pull over and let her out of Hupp's SUV.

That was August of 2016. Just days prior to Gumpenberger's shooting death.

Hupp's mom died under mysterious circumstances, with elevated levels of Ambien in her system, after she fell off a 3rd story balcony, in 2013. But the bars were "physically altered". This was just prior to Russ Faria's first trial, in which Hupp was a witness. They are now re-opening her mom's investigation.

This case is whacko fucking crazy.

They released some very interesting info this week about the connection between all 3 deaths and this bat shit (personal opinion) woman.

Faria and his kids still say that despite her claims, and also their lost court case, Hupp never gave them any money from the $150k life insurance policy she received the proceeds from after Ms Faria's death, which she was the recipient in order to manage for Betsy's children.

This whole story is WTF worthy...

https://www.google.com/amp/fox2now....on-pam-hupp-and-russ-faria/amp/?client=safari

I'll attempt to keep this updated. She pleaded not guilty yesterday.

ETA: not guilty in Gumpenberger's murder. Her attempt to stab herself after her arrest is very interesting....

Last edited:
I've been trying to sort this out.
:eek:
My god. this was a travesty of justice.

And leading her in and out in a private door to the court house. fuck. I bet that stroked her ego.

Its so obvious she's the killer, how the fuck did all that get so twisted up?
[doublepost=1479651058,1479650560][/doublepost]I'm going to have to figure out how to watch that dateline video.

I know this was a while back but here is a link to that dateline episode.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_92609f60-ba13-5830-b325-ead4dbbaa9e1.html

Life and death decisions don’t have to feel dramatic. Ask Brent Charlton, a man who may be alive because he was too busy mowing lawns to consider an offer from a blond stranger.

The St. Charles County man remembers her pulling up in an SUV on Aug. 10 and calling out: “Hey, I work for ‘Dateline.’ I wanted to see if you’re interested in doing a re-enactment.”

He’s glad now that he didn’t have the time.

“Are you sure? It’s only going to take a minute,” Charlton recalls her saying. And each time he said no, she persisted, asking, “Are you certain?”

“If I’m on the clock, I’m not going to stop what I’m doing,” he said to a reporter later, explaining that at the time he was on the job, with 12 lawns waiting.

Besides, he said, he thought it seemed “weird.”

A woman who lives nearby had a similar encounter that day. Same details. “Dateline” producer. Re-enactment. But this time the target became genuinely scared after getting in the car with the stranger, and backed out.

The woman later told police the SUV driver offered $1,000 to go with her.

Another brush with death averted, according to police who say that someone else the blonde enticed — six days later — was not wary enough. Louis Gumpenberger, they believe, said yes to cash for a little of his time and ended up paying with his life.

Authorities say it was all part of a convoluted scheme by Pamela Hupp, a key figure in the investigation of a friend’s murder in 2011, to deflect suspicion in that case from herself.

Hupp was charged Aug. 23 in St. Charles County Circuit Court with first-degree murder in Gumpenberger’s death. Authorities said then they determined it was Hupp who had tried to entice the woman six days before.

They figure Hupp used the same story to lure Gumpenberger, a stranger, to her home in O’Fallon, Mo., where she allegedly shot him as she was reporting to 911 that an intruder was menacing her with a knife.

There's lots more at the link

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...aths-—-including-of-mom-and-friend/ar-AApOPpi
AApORU4.img

[....]
First her friend Elizabeth “Betsy” Faria, 42, was stabbed to death in her Lincoln County, Missouri, home in December 2011 — a killing that remains unsolved.

Then, in 2013, Hupp’s mother, 77-year-old Shirley Neumann, died in a fall from her third-floor balcony, in what initially was ruled an accident.

Next, Hupp claims, she was accosted outside her O’Fallon, Missouri, home on Aug. 16, 2016, by a man with a knife who followed her inside. She shot and killed him, but police soon said it was her story that was full of holes.

Now authorities are reviewing suspicions that Hupp’s connections to all three deaths are not a coincidence but rather a tangled web of deceit and murder motivated by money.
AApOZBx.img

[....]
Hupp, 58, is jailed on a charge of first-degree murder, to which she has pleaded not guilty, in the fatal shooting at her home of 33-year-old Louis Gumpenberger. Prosecutors allege his death was part of a plot to frame Russell Faria, the husband of Hupp’s slain friend, Betsy.

Russell had been convicted in 2013 of his wife’s murder — which made Hupp the beneficiary of a $150,000 insurance policy signed over to her just days before Betsy was killed — but he was later acquitted.

Authorities suspect Hupp staged the attack by Gumpenberger at her home to make it look like he’d been hired by Russell to rob and kill her, [....]

With those two deaths under scrutiny, police are also looking again at Neumann’s death, knowing that Hupp, who remains behind bars, was the last to see her mother alive.

The twists have left Betsy’s family still waiting and hoping for answers about who really killed her.

“I don’t feel there was justice,” says Betsy’s daughter Mariah Day. “There are so many questions.”

I knew her name was familiar. I've read about this bitch, she really is a piece of work. She needs to go away for a very long time.

Back