• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Hat tip to ghosttruck!

[....]
The Xenia Police Department shared on Facebook video of the unique Saturday encounter, which began when the pig, named Wilbur, became separated from his family.

"Every day is an adventure here at Xenia PD," the department wrote.

The department said it had been a couple of years since they had to deal with "runaway swine," but Officer Dan Smith was tasked with trying to bring Wilbur back home.

Smith used some leftover pizza in order to coax the pig towards his police vehicle before using a "little muscle" to finally get him inside.

The department said that Wilbur was "taken into custody without being injured" and was eventually reunited with his family.

Attachments

• pig_lures_pig.jpg
    pig_lures_pig.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 831
Sorry to burst your bubble but pigs will eat just about anything from anywhere. (see gif)

View attachment 14354
I used to own a hog farm. We usually ran about 600 head of swine. Our food came from 4 sources:

Nestlé Power Bar leftovers (bad stuff, when the changed over to a new product, out of date stuff) FREE!
Meadow Gold Milk (all the store returns; yogurt, milk, cottage cheese, etc) FREE!
Grasmick Produce (all the old produce) FREE!
American Appetizers (cheese sticks, jalapéno poppers, onion rings, french fries) FREE!

These companies are charged a fortune to dispose of all this stuff. All the hog farmers in the valley took turns going and picking up stuff. Tuesday and Thursday were milk day. Usually about 750+ gallons. Monday and Thursday were Power Bar days. Grasmick was Monday and Friday. American Appetizers was any time we wanted to pick it up. They always had tons.

The main cost involved in the farm was fuel for the trucks. We had two 24 foot flat bed trucks (one F-750, one International Loadstar), one milk truck (F-750 with four 250 gallon tanks) and a 30 foot flatbed trailer for Powerbar. It kept us very busy, but was highly profitable. We ended up selling out to another farmer, but kept the 40 acre property. We later sold that.

Ive spent some time in Xenia actually, grotesque place.

Pizza is also an effective way to lure the women there, although i suppose that isnt too far a cry from what this article itself is about, if youve seen the women in Xenia, youd know what i was talkin about.
Post automatically merged:

It kept us very busy, but was highly profitable. We ended up selling out to another farmer, but kept the 40 acre property. We later sold that.

Gee wow, how interesting.

Any other completely random, banal, impertinent factoids about your life youd like to share with us?

Back