• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Anodyne

I just set up another computer that doesn't have internet access yet, so to pass the time I installed some old games. Most notably neverwinter nights one and two and the expansions, fallout one and two, and baldur's gate one and two.

with the exception of fallout 3, I haven't bought a computer rpg in ..years.

are there any good ones out there now?

I was really keen on the forgotten realms ones, baldur's gate, neverwinter nights, icewind dale, but I can't find any of those out now, except for an expansion of neverwinter nights let out last year, and it looks like it sucks.

Any good shit out there?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overlord_(2007_video_game)
Overlord is set in an unnamed fantasy world, where the player takes the role of a resurrected warrior known simply as The Overlord who has control over hordes of gremlin-like creatures known as "minions". The player must defeat seven corrupt ruling heroes in order to reconquer the lands and establish his lordship over its inhabitants. The game features a corruption feature, similar to that of the Fable games, but allowing the player to "be evil... or really evil,"[4] where certain actions and choices affect different aspects of the story and gameplay. While the Overlord is controlled in a third person perspective, the way minions are controlled brings elements of real time strategy and upgrades bring those of role-playing games. The game also uses black humour and is often a satire and parody of the traditional fantasy setting and plot.

I never did beat the very last Boss. Well, the second to the last, really. My fiance said that the 2nd to last is the hardest, but once you get past that, the last one is easy... but I couldn't get past him.

I just set up another computer that doesn't have internet access yet, so to pass the time I installed some old games. Most notably neverwinter nights one and two and the expansions, fallout one and two, and baldur's gate one and two.

with the exception of fallout 3, I haven't bought a computer rpg in ..years.

are there any good ones out there now?

I was really keen on the forgotten realms ones, baldur's gate, neverwinter nights, icewind dale, but I can't find any of those out now, except for an expansion of neverwinter nights let out last year, and it looks like it sucks.

Any good shit out there?

I'd tell you to play World of Warcraft...but we've already lost a soul to it...I don't think Morbid would appreciate having anymore soldiers down.

I don't play very many games for the PC but, I read that Mass Effect is out on PC and even though I haven't played very far into it, it's a pretty kickass game. DB turned me on to it and he's played it to the end so, you should ask him what he thinks about it.

Here's the trailer for the PC version....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCLSnefxm8I

Have you ever checked out any of the Elder Scrolls? Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind and IV: Oblivion are both nice. I loved all of the planescape stuff myself. Torment was one that's worth a play if you missed it.

I don't play very many games for the PC but, I read that Mass Effect is out on PC and even though I haven't played very far into it, it's a pretty kickass game. DB turned me on to it and he's played it to the end so, you should ask him what he thinks about it.

Here's the trailer for the PC version....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCLSnefxm8I

Mass Effect rules. I dunno how the PC version is, but the 360 version is one of the best games I've played in a while.

Eh fallout 3 is not an rpg... but i digress.

you into mmorpgs? There are some around that are considered quite good. Maplestory is boring and Wow if for those who lack irl fun.

You could check out some of the shit on steam if you're into shooting. Anyhow. Have fun looking.

Eh fallout 3 is not an rpg... but i digress.

You REgress. Back to your infancy. When you didn't know shit. I'm sure that's what you meant to say.

When did camera angle have anything to do with RPG's? In Fallout 3 you level up, gain experience, play one of several types, or classes of characters, gain attribute-boosting loot, search for leveled-up weapons, complete quests, talk to NPC's with branching dialog, and do all this in an open world that allows you to explore in any direction you like, forgoing the entire main plot if you choose.

Fallout 3 is an RPG. As much as ANY other RPG.

And Under a Killing Moon was an adventure game, even though you could shoot people and looked through the protagonist's eyes.

Not really an RPG... MMO... Aion... Been testing the beta. Nice.

Friend of mine, a WarCrack addict, has been really enjoying this one. She wants me to play, but I have not played a MMO since Guild Wars. Kind of like spending my free time running this site. The real temptation for me will be the Star Wars MMO coming out. That one may be hard to resist.

It's really new NEW, but the Xenosaga trilogy is pretty good. I've only played the first one and part of the second, but I'm hooked.
I like them because they aren't easy. You won't find secrets and all the subplots without doing some work. Plus the characters alone are woth it (Minus annoying Shion).
If you've never played it, Chrono Cross is an amazing game (that's Cross, not Trigger, although that one's awesome too!). That one is for the original PS, though. For it's time, the graphics are amazing.

Yes, I was a sony fangirl for a long long time:p

Sheevaa, have you ever played Valkyrie Profile on the original PS?? I love that game so much, and I would love to find my copy of it so I can replay and relearn all the cool little quirks.

ever, no that game doesn't sound familiar. If I ever come across it though, I'll pick it up. It's not easy finding older games now.You guys don't know of any safe online places for games, do you?
We have a store that carries and can get older games. However, apparently I have very expensive likes. I'm not willing to pay 80+ bucks for games that are over ten years old:p

It's an older game, but I have to admit I have become quite sucked in to Fable: The Lost Chapters. I find it an awesome time killer. PC version of course.

Can't wait for the PC version of Fab;e 3 later this year :lollypop:

Damn, I just saw Fable 3 is coming out 10/26 for the 360. *bounces around excitedly* So...um...if you guys don't see me for a month or so...don't be alarmed. :-D

I bought the new Fallout (Fallout: New Vegas) game this morning. It's pretty fucking awesome.

Pre-ordered Gran Turismo 5 too.

I'm also playing Fallout: New Vegas and I'm hooked on this one just as much, if not more, than I was with Fallout 3 ! Oh, and I want to adopt a Gecko... those little fuckers are adorable when they're chasing you down as they try to take a bite out of you .

Oh, and I can't wait for Fable 3 & Assassins Creed: Brotherhood.

Fable 2 was pretty well the perfect friggin game for me. Like it came down from the heavens and said "sheevaa, I am your game!"
I get to kill everything and take my pick as to how (shock...always always shock:p). Takes care of my OCD needs with getting every weapon/level up on every game:p

The best, is...I get to be a drunken pervert, fart in public and everyone LIKES it :dancing2:

IDK, Hubby really like Left 4 Dead. I like shooters, but since I HAD to get a job, I don't have much free time :( But, what free time I do have I spend On D'D :proud2:

Back