• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A baby began having seizures, foaming at the mouth and became unresponsive after a babysitter violently shook her.

Now, the woman faces six years behind bars.

Around 2:12 p.m. Sept. 5, 2017, King City police and paramedics went to Rosa Ramirez's home after a 4-month-old girl was reported to be unconscious and not breathing.

Ramirez told officers the baby had begun to shake and foam at the mouth and she didn't know why, according to prosecutors. She was babysitting the child while the parents were at work.

The baby was taken to Mee Memorial Hospital and then to Lucille Packard Children's Hospital at Standford Medical Center for treatment.

The baby had intracranial bleeding and abusive head trauma consistent with being shaken aggressively, doctors found.

Ramirez later admitted that when the baby wouldn't stop crying, she'd place her in a cradle and shake it up and down for 30 minutes, prosecutors said. She later changed her statement to say she shook the baby for 20 seconds.

Ramirez also said she told the baby to "shut up" as she shook her, according to the DA's office.

The baby then began having seizures, foaming at the mouth and became unresponsive.

The four-month-old survived due to the extensive medical treatment she received, prosecutors said.

During the sentencing Thursday, prosecutors said the baby's mother described the significant impact Ramirez's actions have had and will continue to have on her child.
https://www.thecalifornian.com/stor...-shook-4-month-old-girl-sentenced/1374295002/

Ramirez later admitted that when the baby wouldn't stop crying, she'd place her in a cradle and shake it up and down for 30 minutes, prosecutors said. She later changed her statement to say she shook the baby for 20 seconds.

What was she trying to do??? The practical effects for a 'Earthquake: The Movie'???

wubba lubba dub dub

Sheesh. 4 months old? Just walking away for an hour wasn't an option? Don't babies wear themselves out?
Or if the babysitter calls the mom and says "its not working, get your child away from me?"

. Ramirez later admitted that when the baby wouldn't stop crying, she'd place her in a cradle and shake it up and down for 30 minutes,
Wow, that would take a lot of energy.
She could have just held the baby and rocked her. Or just walk away. Let the baby cry. I have never heard *cause of death: crying.

@Keepalowprofile
Exactly. Couldn't she just walk away and wait it out?

Unless you'd rather take out your life frustrations on some tiny vulnerable thing rather than walk away from it.
Yeah, I get that. We see it everyday on DD

Injuries to the child aside, I’ve a hard time believing that she shook a child for 30 min. As @Keepalowprofile mentioned, that would take an unbelievable toll on even the strongest person. Something is wonky in the details.

Back