• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
rappleysisterpissed.jpeg

Investigators said they are reviewing evidence but did not take into custody a Dollar General clerk who shot and killed an armed Dayton man attempting to rob the store Wednesday night with workers and customers inside.

Experts said it is legal for the clerk to carry a gun if it is allowed by the employer and if the individual carrying the weapon isn’t prohibited from doing so.

The shooting happened about 6:20 p.m. at the store at 2228 North Gettysburg Ave.

“I just had somebody try to attempt and rob me over here at Dollar General on Gettysburg,” the 911 caller said. “Came in with a firearm, threatened to take money out the drawer, pointed a gun at me and my staff members. He pointed a gun at me, I had a firearm on me, I pulled my firearm and I shot him in self-defense.”

Roosevelt Rappley, 23, of Dayton, died around 6:27 p.m. Wednesday, according to Montgomery County Coroner Kent Harshbarger.

Rappley does have prior history with police, according to Dayton Police Lt. Jason Hall, involving pending weapons charges and possible involvement in other commercial robberies in the area, including the recent robbery of a Dollar General on Main Street.

Start at 2'40 mark

Last edited by a moderator:
And here we have a couple of dumb fucks talking about their dumb fuck criminal brother. They feel it’s alright to be armed and rob people, but the public doesn’t have a right to defend itself from them, bet robbery is how this family survives and hate the thought the victim may be carrying

His sister's full of shit.
I've always carried at my jobs, with a CCWL and my boss' full knowledge and support.
I moonlighted as a pizza chef at a mom & pop restaurant on weekends from the lab that's very near a heavy street drug tiny township, and at the lab I often worked way into the early AM hours either completely alone, or occasionally with my 72 year-old lady boss/lab owner - and they always felt better for not just my safety, but for that of themselves, other employees and even customers knowing that I was well trained with a firearm and stayed alert of everything going on in and around the job site with regards to potential danger.

Keep using a gun in robberies, and you're eventually gonna get yourself *legally* shot and killed. :asshat:

Unless corporate policy has changed immensely, DG does not allow an employee to carry a gun while on the clock. You're supposed to give them what they want and as soon as the district manager gets there, they fire you for being robbed. Of course, they don't say that's why they fire you, but every manager that I knew of that was robbed were fired within the week, for one reason or another.

Unless corporate policy has changed immensely, DG does not allow an employee to carry a gun while on the clock. You're supposed to give them what they want and as soon as the district manager gets there, they fire you for being robbed. Of course, they don't say that's why they fire you, but every manager that I knew of that was robbed were fired within the week, for one reason or another.

So, either defend yourself and get fired, or trust your life to the good conscience of a violent felon and get fired if you survive.

Sounds like an easy choice.

So someone defends themselves and they are the bad guy? What the fuck is wrong with our society and culture where we can have individuals think it's just no big deal to go out and rob someone.

Criminal culture is criminal, maybe we should go back to hard labor and corporal punishment.

I can't feel bad for someone shot while they were robbing someone. Go in a store or a house or a car trying to steal shit, you accept the risk that this occupant is armed. I didn't even feel bad for the teens that got lured into the home by that old dude because he was tired of being burglarized.
I was just thinking of that dude like yesterday. Didn't they give him life because they felt it was too excessive and premeditated? They took EVERYTHING from him. ID Even did a show on that making him out to be this deranged monster..
These are fucked up times we live in, the good cops aren't mind readers, they can't always be there to stop bad things from happening so we need to be able to defend ourselves and/or be the hero without getting punished.. it'll never end..

Unless corporate policy has changed immensely,
How long has that been? Anyway, I'm sure this man will be fired no matter what.
Liabliity insurance on humans is just too expensive compared to insurance on losses of really cheap inventory. You can write down inventory, and terminated employees. Not so easy for liability insurance and lawsuits.
It's all about costs, and liability insurance against lawsuits get really expensive when employees fight back. It's not the evil company overlord, it's the evil corporate liability insurance overlord.

How long has that been?

I worked for DG for 6 years, 2002 to 2008, 3 years as a part time clerk and 3 years as Assistant/Manager. the family that owned it out of Tennessee sold out to a Corporation called KKR in '03 or '04, that's when all the shit started hitting the fan.

When I worked in Macon Georgia a manager of a store on the wrong side of town was jumped as he was leaving the store at closing, he was carrying the deposit to drop in the bank on the way home, guy got hold of the bag but manager had a gun and somehow shot the guy in the butt. Saved the money and most likely himself but was fired very shortly thereafter, It is/was against store policy to defend yourself in any way.

On the far side of Woodbury two of them attacked by ramming a car into the outside wall and the other went inside to collect what he could.(I didn't say they were smart) Manager was injured in the crash but still was able to get the money for them. She was fired when she got out of the hospital.

Also on historically slow days, like Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Manager or Assistant has to be in the store by themselves for the first 4 or 5 hours. That's just asking to be robbed. But corporate doesn't care. Corporate came and explained it all to us, It's okay to have only one person in the stores during those times because the type of people who would steal and rob, well they sleep during the day and only come out at night so we didn't have to worry about it. Yeah right. I shit you not, that is exactly what she said.

Last edited:
The family is utter scum, no wonder the guy turned out bad. The sister said it wasn't all his fault, because "so he was robbing someone, OH WELL".
RIGHT! He was robbing them WITH A GUN. I wanna tell his sister, don’t be salty that someone responded in kind BITCH! That’s like saying to a rape victim well my brother just wanted to rape you a little. Just the tip. OH WELL. You didn’t have to shoot him. No mutha fucka. I don’t think so! You point a gun at someone you should expect to take the room temperature challenge!

It's been AGES since an accused or their family members have showed up on here. It used to happen all the dang time, waaaaaay back when the site still used disqus. Too bad, really, it was usually worth a laugh or two.
We still get defenders here once in awhile ..

What I miss from the old days, the stupid emails ..
They would hate on us bad, it was funny as fuck!

Apparently there it is, if you read the article
It's not a simple issue and I guess it comes down to what crime is charged. Either way, yes, I skimmed the article while working. Sorry about it.
Post automatically merged:

I worked swing shift at a hotel ...alone ...and was told I couldn't take my weapon in although trained and respectful, I didn't ...but I still know Jui Jitsu. Not sure if I could rely on it but trust me ...My right to protect my life means more to me than a paycheck. You can legally fire me. They never did tho.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back