• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Unamused Cat

Veteran Member
Dahme.jpg

Many parents in Mitchell are reeling after a long time youth baseball coach was arrested for sex crimes involving children.

Mitchell police arrested 45-year-old Ronald Dahme on Friday. He's accused of sexual contact and third-degree rape involving a child under the age of 16. They say his crimes involved at least two victims and occurred between 1998 and 2004 in Davison County.

On Sunday KSFY spoke to a number of parents in Mitchell about Dahme and the charges against him.

Nobody wanted to go on camera but several parents expressed shock about the arrest.

One parent, who's children were coached by Dahme on a traveling youth baseball team, tells KSFY the charges don't fit the man, and that he was a role model for many kids.

One of Dahme's former players tells us that the arrest is unbelievable.

Mitchell police still haven't released the exact age or gender of his alleged victims, and at we don't know whether or not they ever played for Dahme.

Mitchell Public Safety Chief Lyndon Overweg says the investigation is still in it's early stages. He's asking any person with additional information to contact the Mitchell Police Department.

http://www.ksfy.com/news/18568864.html

1998-2004? If the allegations are true (my bet is they are), wonder how many more victims will come forward, my guess is that it has been going on a hell of alot longer than that.

The former youth athletics coach convicted of sexual misconduct with a child was sentenced to three decades behind bars. Ronald Arthur Dahme, 45, received 30 years in the state penitentiary for his conviction on three counts of misconduct with a child.

Ronald Arthur Dahme, 45, received 30 years in the state penitentiary for his conviction on three counts of sexual contact with a child younger than 16.

While reading a statement to the court prior to sentencing, Dahme wept and appeared remorseful as he apologized to victims, family, and friends.

"I am very ashamed and embarrassed by what I have done to each of you young men," Dahme said. "I didn't mean to harm you in any way. I am truly, very, very sorry and I hope some day you will find it in your hearts to forgive me."

Before sentencing, Judge Bjorkman said Dahme "appeared to be a model citizen, which makes it even more frightening."

Back