• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Police in Sacramento say a North Sacramento man barricaded himself inside his home after he reportedly poured lighter fluid on a baby on the other side of his fence Saturday evening.

The 1-year-old child was not injured, investigators say.

According to the police department, officers tried to speak with the man but he barricaded himself inside his home on Estes Way and threatened officers with a knife.

"He was uncooperative and he actually barricaded himself inside of the house," Sacramento police spokesman Sergeant Vance Chandler said. "He displayed a knife to our officers."

Police later identified the man as 34-year-old Roddy Martinez.

SWAT officers and crisis negotiators responded to the scene, but police say officers used "chemical agents" to get Martinez to come outside after nearly nine hours.

Martinez tried to run, Chandler said, but was caught by a K-9.

He was taken to the hospital for treatment and later arrested, police said.

Martinez told FOX40 he locked his doors because police "had no purpose to be there."

Attachments

• Roddy_Martinez.jpg
    Roddy_Martinez.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 1,493
Last edited:
That was quite a barbecue thanks to this idiot. I went to a barbecue at my boss's house years ago. He decided the fire wasn't burning hot enough, so he grabbed a gas can and doused it with gasoline. The flames shot up higher than the roof of the house. It was awesome! I believe that was the same night one of the company salesman's wife tried to hit on my boss's step son. There was also the Christmas party at a local Italian restaurant when the sales manager unzipped his pants and threatened to expose himself. I'm tellin' ya, those were the days!

That was quite a barbecue thanks to this idiot. I went to a barbecue at my boss's house years ago. He decided the fire wasn't burning hot enough, so he grabbed a gas can and doused it with gasoline. The flames shot up higher than the roof of the house. It was awesome! I believe that was the same night one of the company salesman's wife tried to hit on my boss's step son. There was also the Christmas party at a local Italian restaurant when the sales manager unzipped his pants and threatened to expose himself. I'm tellin' ya, those were the days!
When I was an engineer, we threw a monster going-away party for one of the best bosses I've ever had. A lot of folks in my department lived in this one new subdivision so we rented out the clubhouse. Cracked the keg at noon. About 5 PM, all the spouses and kids started leaving; half an hour after that, I was the brave soul that fired up the first joint. Half an hour after that, our perfume rep showed up with $300 worth of liquor- fucking Sol, best supplier rep ever.

We didn't quit until the keg was dead and all the liquor was gone, at 11 PM. Drank for 11 hours straight.

I would most assuredly die if I tried to do that now.

"Martinez is now at the Sacramento County Main Jail where he’s charged with violation of probation, resisting arrest, endangering the life of a child and assault with caustic chemicals -- but he denies any wrongdoing."

I bet his neighbor is praying for this psycho to be locked up for some time. Who would want to live next to that after this, worrying when and how the payback will come? Better make sure a surveillance system is installed before he returns!

LMAO!!!

I bet he squirted the baby because he was being an asshole neighbour and they were arguing over the fence. That's why he thought the cops had no reason to be there.
It was a 'joke' or didnt mean no harm... they should just quit fucking whining that his 4am drunken antics are waking the baby?

Hope he does time. I fucking hate cunty neighbours. Mind you, burning their house down does get rid of them. Not their babies though. That brings cops

When I was an engineer, we threw a monster going-away party for one of the best bosses I've ever had. A lot of folks in my department lived in this one new subdivision so we rented out the clubhouse. Cracked the keg at noon. About 5 PM, all the spouses and kids started leaving; half an hour after that, I was the brave soul that fired up the first joint. Half an hour after that, our perfume rep showed up with $300 worth of liquor- fucking Sol, best supplier rep ever.

We didn't quit until the keg was dead and all the liquor was gone, at 11 PM. Drank for 11 hours straight.

I would most assuredly die if I tried to do that now.

Ok, as a fellow engineer, you have me curious as to your area of practice.

https://www.elsevier.com/books/perfume-engineering/teixeira/978-0-08-099399-7

Ball park?

Ok, as a fellow engineer, you have me curious as to your area of practice.

https://www.elsevier.com/books/perfume-engineering/teixeira/978-0-08-099399-7

Ball park?

Chemical engineer.

In the 90's, when the story I was telling happened, I worked for a company that made cleaning products for the fast-food (Quick-Service Restaurant or QSR) industry. Third-generation family-owned company, scrappy brand leader, great products and unmatched customer service. We routinely bested international behemoths, and that's not boasting; we had a world-wide exclusive with McDonalds- every McD on the planet used our products. They still have the deal for all I know.

I interned there for two summers in college— they were located in my hometown— and got a job there right out of school. It was a fairly small company for what we did, and they liked hard-chargers, and I'm Billy Jack Badass, professionally speaking (not bragging, it's just a fact), so I got to do a lot more than most young engineers get to do.

Started in R&D, did a lot of field testing, worked with a lot of equipment ("Who gets the new milkshake machine qualification?" "Give it to the engineer."), commercialized and patented a few products.

They had these Business Development Teams (BDTs) where they would team up a marketing person, a sales person, and a technical person and give them responsibility for a group of accounts, which worked really well. I actually had good customer/people skills, which a lot of technical folks don't, so I got tapped for a BDT about a year in. I ended up with all of the non-core accounts before it was all said and done. By the time I was 25 I was personally responsible for the technical end of $60 million dollars a year worth of business.

We did so much free technical work for our customers (that was a big part of our "unbeatable" customer service) that it started bogging down R&D. They decided to set up an independent Technical Service lab group. I built it and ran it for two years.

Then some smart-ass PhD made a product that they couldn't replicate in the plant, and they decided that after 30 some years they needed a Process Engineer, so I was their first Process Engineer. And I fixed their little Block Whitener production problem, right off. I would have fixed the PhD too, but they wouldn't let me.

At some point in all that, we got bought by one of those huge international behemoths I mentioned earlier, which ended up not being bad at all, they pretty much left us be. The boss that we threw the party for was the first department head to come down from the new Corporate office. He was awesome. He kicked so much ass that he got promoted and pulled back to Corporate as a VP, hence his departure.

So, that's why we had a perfume supplier and killer rep named Sol... we made soap. Soap has to smell good.

You?

Chemical engineer.

In the 90's, when the story I was telling happened, I worked for a company that made cleaning products for the fast-food (Quick-Service Restaurant or QSR) industry. Third-generation family-owned company, scrappy brand leader, great products and unmatched customer service. We routinely bested international behemoths, and that's not boasting; we had a world-wide exclusive with McDonalds- every McD on the planet used our products. They still have the deal for all I know.

I interned there for two summers in college— they were located in my hometown— and got a job there right out of school. It was a fairly small company for what we did, and they liked hard-chargers, and I'm Billy Jack Badass, professionally speaking (not bragging, it's just a fact), so I got to do a lot more than most young engineers get to do.

Started in R&D, did a lot of field testing, worked with a lot of equipment ("Who gets the new milkshake machine qualification?" "Give it to the engineer."), commercialized and patented a few products.

They had these Business Development Teams (BDTs) where they would team up a marketing person, a sales person, and a technical person and give them responsibility for a group of accounts, which worked really well. I actually had good customer/people skills, which a lot of technical folks don't, so I got tapped for a BDT about a year in. I ended up with all of the non-core accounts before it was all said and done. By the time I was 25 I was personally responsible for the technical end of $60 million dollars a year worth of business.

We did so much free technical work for our customers (that was a big part of our "unbeatable" customer service) that it started bogging down R&D. They decided to set up an independent Technical Service lab group. I built it and ran it for two years.

Then some smart-ass PhD made a product that they couldn't replicate in the plant, and they decided that after 30 some years they needed a Process Engineer, so I was their first Process Engineer. And I fixed their little Block Whitener production problem, right off. I would have fixed the PhD too, but they wouldn't let me.

At some point in all that, we got bought by one of those huge international behemoths I mentioned earlier, which ended up not being bad at all, they pretty much left us be. The boss that we threw the party for was the first department head to come down from the new Corporate office. He was awesome. He kicked so much ass that he got promoted and pulled back to Corporate as a VP, hence his departure.

So, that's why we had a perfume supplier and killer rep named Sol... we made soap. Soap has to smell good.

You?

Wow, you explained that (and in the process, shed some light on your enviable written communication kung fu)!

I am a Civil engineer. When I took chemistry, I got the typical "C's" for Civil, but over the years I did gather some "applied chemistry" experience here in the hills and hollers of WV. :)

My experience has been mostly in transportation and municipal engineering - roads, bridges, various types of sewers (storm and shite), with a notable but marginally successful foray into development of some novel industrial water purification technology. Pretty fairly balanced between public and private sector. Back in the private sector now so, doing more evil, making more money.

I still find plenty of time to lurk around here though, and I confess to being a fan of your work, Old Man Metal. I've been pleased that:

1) The Demon survived it's recent near-death-experience.
2) You have a more prominent role in the organization, post-NDE.

My experience has been mostly in transportation and municipal engineering - roads, bridges, various types of sewers (storm and shite), with a notable but marginally successful foray into development of some novel industrial water purification technology. Pretty fairly balanced between public and private sector. Back in the private sector now so, doing more evil, making more money.
\m/

Back