• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

malq

Veteran Member
ANGELINA COUNTY, Texas (KTRE) - A Huntington man is now charged with removing a birth-control implant from a minor. The same charge filed against a Groveton man will be dropped, according to the Angelina County Sheriff's Office.
s615d4.jpg

Robert Carl Zylstra, 19, is charged with practicing medicine without a license, a third-degree felony.

Authorities initially charged James Jacob Thompson, 23, with the charge. However, a further investigation showed the victim had not accused Zylstra of the crime because she did not want to get him in trouble. Instead, Thompson was charged with that crime in October, as well as charges of tattooing a prohibited person and a drug charge.

Sgt. Bart Riley said the practicing medicine charge against Thompson would be dropped, but he still faces the tattooing charges and the drug charge.

According to an arrest warrant affidavit, Zylstra removed the birth-control implant from a 16-year-old girl by cutting an incision in her arm and removing it with a pair of tweezers. She said she asked Zylstra to remove it because it was uncomfortable to her.
http://www.ktre.com/global/story.asp?s=13537851

I hope she wasn't as displeasing to look at as he is. He looks like a mother in law from hell. he should be removing that thing from his neck.
I disagree with the charge of practicing medicine without a license. Who's to say people can't do small procedures on each other. Does that mean I can't pull a sliver out of my kid? Maybe I am talking out my ass becuase I am not sure how involved it is, but sounds like the medical community had something to do with that law. Also ,what the hell do you charge him with? They are reaching.

I'm noticing that his neck tattoo is a rose. At least, I think so. And he looks very feminine. My first thought on seeing his picture was that I was looking at the girl! (LOL)

I'm also noticing that that the article does not state that he's her boyfriend. So I wonder who he is in relation to her. Her favorite tattoo guy? Best friend? Stranger on the street?

Uncomfortable, eh? Yeah. I think her parents knew her better than she will admit. If the implant was uncomfortable, she could complain to the doctor. Maybe it was inserted wrong or something. Sounds specious to me. I think she didn't consent to it and was proving her autonomy by having it removed without her parents' consent. Probably didn't expect them to find out until she came up pregnant, either.

He looks like a mother in law from hell.

No truer words have been spoken.

he should be removing that thing from his neck.
I disagree with the charge of practicing medicine without a license. Who's to say people can't do small procedures on each other. Does that mean I can't pull a sliver out of my kid? Maybe I am talking out my ass becuase I am not sure how involved it is, but sounds like the medical community had something to do with that law.

OF COURSE the medical community had something to do with that law. Do you know how much work they have to do to try and UNDO the results of botched botox injections and other cosmetic surgery procedures? People without medical training can really fuck people up, no matter how well-intentioned they are. What if this skeezy dude hit an artery during this procedure?

Obviously, this is completely different than removing a splinter. That's not a procedure that is mandated to be performed by a medical professional.

http://www.ktre.com/global/story.asp?s=13537851

I hope she wasn't as displeasing to look at as he is. He looks like a mother in law from hell. he should be removing that thing from his neck.
I disagree with the charge of practicing medicine without a license. Who's to say people can't do small procedures on each other. Does that mean I can't pull a sliver out of my kid? Maybe I am talking out my ass becuase I am not sure how involved it is, but sounds like the medical community had something to do with that law. Also ,what the hell do you charge him with? They are reaching.
I work in an OB/GYN clinic and sometimes those things are a bitch to remove. It could've adhered to her arm or possibly broken, then what?

Back