• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
NASHVILLE, Tenn. --
A sheriff's lieutenant welcomed Anthony McCoy to the Davidson County jail system by ordering him to open wide to inspect the gold jewelry attached to his teeth.

What happened next left McCoy with a bloody mouth, 10 days of untreated, throbbing pain and Metro taxpayers with a legal bill close to $100,000.

"He was spitting out blood and teeth into a trash can, and then told to get back in line," said McCoy's attorney David Raybin.
The incident in November started with McCoy's arrest after failing to pay child support. A sheriff's deputy told him to remove the gold grill attached to his teeth. But when McCoy, 31, told the deputy it was permanently attached, Lt. Tanya Mayhew stepped in. She put on a rubber glove, stuck her hand in his mouth and yanked out the gold jewelry grill cemented to his teeth.

Raybin said his client had the enamel on his front four teeth ripped away and was denied proper medical treatment afterward. He asked to see a dentist but was given Tylenol instead. It took 10 days locked away before the dentist came.

The incident left his teeth disfigured and needed at least $10,000 in dental work. Metro lawyers have scrambled to reach a $95,000 legal settlement, including pain and suffering, that will go before the Metro Council tonight.

"This appears to be an unusual and pretty reprehensible act," said Councilman Ronnie Steine, the chairman of the budget and finance committee. "My hope is that the employee has had the appropriate disciplinary action for something that seems to be an egregious act."

Mayhew was later demoted and suspended for five days because of the incident. Metro is at a loss to explain why the lieutenant would try to remove the grill because there was no policy against having gold-plated teeth, even if they weren't permanently attached. A new policy enacted since the incident forbids deputies from removing them
Policy was violated
According to legal analysis by the Metro Council office, Mayhew violated a sheriff's department policy by placing her hand in McCoy's mouth. Metro also is liable for failing to provide medical treatment in a timely manner, and the officer's action could be a federal violation.
[...]
Rest is at the link
http://www.wtsp.com/news/watercooler/story.aspx?storyid=127632&catid=58
20qanls.jpg
This grill was pulled from Anthony McCoy's teeth.

Last edited:
That's what he gets for wanting to look like a clown. I can see why he had no job to pay his child support cause who's gonna hire a person with a gold grill?

And to make matters worse, for all that pain and suffering he went through, all that money is gonna go to his unpaid child support. Talk about a double whammy.

I'm with the others on this one... They did him a favor, those things are hideous and make their wearers unemployable in their best form. What he had looks like something I'd picture him making himself with some pliable gold and denture adhesive.

Hey! Talk junk all you want. I always said if I had money to just spend on useless shit... one of the first purchases would be a platinum grill

... removeable of course!

Kind of torn on this.
He was brought in for not paying child support? It's not like the guy is a violent offender.
At the same time I don't get this part
Metro is at a loss to explain why the lieutenant would try to remove the grill because there was no policy against having gold-plated teeth
Why not? If they can be removed, they can be used as a weapon. Then again I don't understand why planes serve wine in glass bottles after confiscating just about everything on your person that may pose as a 'potential' weapon.

I'm thinking it's going to come out more a search and seizure of his person without a warrant than it will be about the teeth.
I can assure you it's Serpas' land. He's the king of his kingdom. That deputy unfortunately took a fall for something I suspect she was ordered to do. (C'mon, would you stick your hand in someone's mouth on purpose?)

Kind of torn on this.
He was brought in for not paying child support? It's not like the guy is a violent offender.
At the same time I don't get this part

Why not? If they can be removed, they can be used as a weapon. Then again I don't understand why planes serve wine in glass bottles after confiscating just about everything on your person that may pose as a 'potential' weapon.

I'm thinking it's going to come out more a search and seizure of his person without a warrant than it will be about the teeth.
I can assure you it's Serpas' land. He's the king of his kingdom. That deputy unfortunately took a fall for something I suspect she was ordered to do. (C'mon, would you stick your hand in someone's mouth on purpose?)

Yeah, wtf?
The fact that the dental appliance was permanent (dental cemented) to his teef
indicates that it probably posed no legal threat as a weapon, but to actually stick one's hand in another's mouf (gloved or not) to rip out a cemented cosmetic fixture
from same said mouf is something so stupidly unhygienic to both individuals, and fraught with blood borne disease transmission potential, that it would have to be a blindly followed command by a person whom simply cannot *think* for themselves.

<sarcasm> If the deputy loses her job over this, perhaps she will find gainful employment with the Armed Services, or a nuclear power plant - they prefer to do all the thinking for their employees. </sarcasm>

Back