• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A judge has sentenced an Alabama man to die for his part in the drug-fueled torture and murder of a friend in 2015.

Tuscaloosa County Circuit Judge Brad Almond imposed the death penalty on 34-year-old Michael Belcher during a hearing Wednesday.

Belcher was convicted of capital murder last month after two hours of deliberations in the slaying of 29-year-old Samantha Payne, who authorities say was tortured to death and had her throat slit.

Evidence showed Payne was beaten for hours in November 2015 by people she considered her friends. Her throat was cut and she was tied naked to a tree and left in the Talladega National Forest.

Prosecutors say Belcher was the ringleader of a group of five people who killed Payne while they all were using methamphetamine. He is the only one who got the death penalty.

Belcher's defense team cried foul over what they characterized as a 'sentencing disparity' between the co-defendants, arguing that their client was no more culpable than the others, yet he was the only one being sentenced to die.

Police in Alabama said in 2015 that Payne left her parents' home in Maplesville on October 30 - her birthday - and was never seen alive again.

Court documents stated that she was brutally assaulted at the home of Belcher on Halloween weekend, WIAT reported at the time.

nvestigators believe Payne was attacked after she became angry at her friends for stealing her car, which was later found burned.

Payne was then tied up and taken into the forest, where she had her hair and nails ripped out, and several teeth knocked out.

Hunters came upon Payne's disfigured and decomposing body in mid-November.

During a sentencing hearing last month, Belcher's mother and his attorney begged the jury for mercy and showed pictures of the defendant as a child.

They painted a picture of the convicted killer as a caring father to his 11-year-old daughter, an animal lover and a skilled mechanic who could have a positive impact on other inmates, if given a life sentence instead of the death penalty.

'Putting Michael Belcher to death is not going to bring Samantha Payne back to her family. Don't let the state of Alabama make you a killer,' defense attorney Nettie Blume said. 'Y’all can give mercy. It can’t be earned. It can’t be begged for. It can only be granted.'

Continue at Link

They straight up stole her car for the catalytic converter and then burned it. Total tweaker shit. I've known people who go to movie theater parking lots and wait for people to go inside and take the next hour and a half stealing parts and the catalytic converter off their vehicles.
Anyway, this article has a little more info on what they did to this poor woman. Its horrifying...

They straight up stole her car for the catalytic converter and then burned it. Total tweaker shit. I've known people who go to movie theater parking lots and wait for people to go inside and take the next hour and a half stealing parts and the catalytic converter off their vehicles.
Anyway, this article has a little more info on what they did to this poor woman. Its horrifying...
That was horrible to read.

I guaran-fucking-tee you the exact, specific trigger was her saying "I'm gonna call the cops." I'd bet money on it. Tweaker death sentence.

Belcher's defense team cried foul over what they characterized as a 'sentencing disparity' between the co-defendants, arguing that their client was no more culpable than the others, yet he was the only one being sentenced to die.

Oh, that's too fucking bad, isn't it?

What were sentences for the rest of the scum?

Hard to sympathize with the victim though. She had to of known they were drug, likely meth, users. You hang around druga ddicts, bad things happen.
Post automatically merged:

I dont know why its only reported her throat was slit, sounds like she was fully decapitated.

Life for another culprit, 30 years for two others, one bitch got off super light with just 5 years and 15 years of parole time after. Really disgusting anybody was given a break here, disgusting.

This is vomit inducing. It covers the sentencing of two of the white trash pieces of filth. Reading their family members tried to defend them in court is so sickening. I hate rednecks so god damn much.

It is interesting that one bitch that got only 5 years took a sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet plea deal and testified against the others. They ALL deserve to die in a cage, but it doesm ake you wonder who actually did what. Be pretty funny i think if one of these shitheads who got 30 years in prison actually didnt personally directly commit any act of violence, like some hick was just tweakin on meth in the same house while the beating occurred, maybe helped em find a cable to die her up with, then went back to methin out, now theyre doin 30 for torture.

Last edited:
Belcher's mother and his attorney begged the jury for mercy and showed pictures of the defendant as a child.

What the everloving fuck does that have to do with anything that he did after the picture was took. I'll bet most people were cute kids at some point in their lives. But then again, most people haven't terrorized tortured and murdered anybody.

What the everloving fuck does that have to do with anything that he did after the picture was took. I'll bet most people were cute kids at some point in their lives. But then again, most people haven't terrorized tortured and murdered anybody.
Certainly this group had no mercy for Ms. Payne when they pulled out her fingernails as she was crying out how she loved them.

Back